Certified Legendary Thread David Mackay PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

this is the anti-chooklotto tribunal thread, designed to demonstrate how corrupt the tribunal is

the anti-David Mackay thread is here:

please post accordingly

Last edited:

Is there a greater disconnect between what the AFL media would want people to think and what they actually think than Selwood?

Lauded in the media, but hated by all except for Geelong fans
He makes the game unwatchable.. its just disgusting. His constant ducking and diving.. going down like hes been shot by a sniper in the crowd whenever an opponent touches him.

then does grubby s**t to his opponents..

I mean, can you imagine the carry on if the s**t he does to his opponents was done to him.. he’d be squealing like a stuck pig.

Theres no doubt he’s a highly talented and skillful player but hes just a flog and he makes watching games when he’s playing just annoying.

its a pity because he couldve been one of the games greats.. but will forever be known as a grubby ducker and diver by most.

there you are Mr Hocking, do something about sh*t like that

Both of these are disgraceful, as well as sniper Greene punching people behind play. Then saying he'd do it again. But these are nothing next to going for the ball whilst running fast. Selwood and Greene's action are a terrible terrible look for the league, the stuff that will cause parents to stop their kids playing footy, whilst Mackay's actions up until about 6 months ago would've been on an ad showing how great footy is

the stuff that will cause parents to stop their kids playing footy

My son lost interest in footy after a particularly bad game where three of his teammates got punched in the face behind play (one after the game).

He had no problem with a bit of pain if it was fair while going for the footy.

As a parent, the hits to the head are what I'd like to see stamped out of the game more than anything, but the AFL don't know what they're doing. And we still end up with U12s games where kids end up with black eyes and bloody noses.

Both of these are disgraceful, as well as sniper Greene punching people behind play. Then saying he'd do it again. But these are nothing next to going for the ball whilst running fast. Selwood and Greene's action are a terrible terrible look for the league, the stuff that will cause parents to stop their kids playing footy, whilst Mackay's actions up until about 6 months ago would've been on an ad showing how great footy is
Unbelievable kingy on SEN saying this wouldn’t tarnish selwoods reputation even if he did it over the next 3 years.
Also said it needs to be a suspension.

Unbelievable kingy on SEN saying this wouldn’t tarnish selwoods reputation even if he did it over the next 3 years.
Amongst non-Geelong fans or vic media he's probably right, as Selwood's reputation is already in the toilet :D
In soccer a stamp is an automatic red card and suspension. No one can convince me that either of those actions of selwood's weren't intentional

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selwood has the intelligence of a lemming and his stupidity is mistaken for courage by idiots in the Vic footy media.
It's likely to cost him later in life when he has CTE after all his head high knocks from ducking...

Sure, but King is a moron, so who cares what he thinks!

He makes the game unwatchable.. its just disgusting. His constant ducking and diving.. going down like hes been shot by a sniper in the crowd whenever an opponent touches him.

then does grubby sh*t to his opponents..

I mean, can you imagine the carry on if the sh*t he does to his opponents was done to him.. he’d be squealing like a stuck pig.

Theres no doubt he’s a highly talented and skillful player but hes just a flog and he makes watching games when he’s playing just annoying.

its a pity because he couldve been one of the games greats.. but will forever be known as a grubby ducker and diver by most.
Its funny I look at Adam Goodes in the same way as your last paragraph, although I have never booed him or any other player but people still want to call me out

So are you for the action or outcome?
someone goes for a screamer and knees a guy in the head, takes the mark but there is no injury?
Or someone goes for a mark and knocks the guy over who hits his head on the ground and is knocked out?
what about if the guy who gets kneed in the head, then falls into another player's knee, breaks his jaw and then dislocates the other player's knee?

Is there a greater disconnect between what the AFL media would want people to think and what they actually think than Selwood?

Lauded in the media, but hated by all except for Geelong fans

The groupthink in the footy media surrounding Selwood is really something to behold. Selwood’s not an orphan though, there’s a list of things/people the footy media won’t touch, but Joel is right up there.

He’s going to be remembered as an on-field c**t by everybody except his most ardent supporters, which is a shame for him, as it’s undeniable that he‘s a very good player.

The other protected media species is the extraordinarily stupid umpiring department which has been happy to see all those free kicks paid to him for 15 years running. It has got to be the longest running loophole in professional sport, ever.

For a sport that changes its rules and interpretations more often than Madonna changes her face, they have a pretty big blindside to this particular ”rule.”

So are you for the action or outcome?
someone goes for a screamer and knees a guy in the head, takes the mark but there is no injury?
Or someone goes for a mark and knocks the guy over who hits his head on the ground and is knocked out?
I think I've been pretty consistent Frog. Minimise the impacts to the head and neck.

If you need to be responsible for the head in a bump, in a tackle, in contesting the ball ... then you need the same rule for driving your knee into the back of someone's skull.

"No injury" is the bit you are missing. There is injury. I know you think it's ok. That repeated trauma to AFL players head is just part of the game.

I believe we can find a version of the game that doesn't involve players having a serious risk of CTE as part of my entertainment.

I think I've been pretty consistent Frog. Minimise the impacts to the head and neck.

If you need to be responsible for the head in a bump, in a tackle, in contesting the ball ... then you need the same rule for driving your knee into the back of someone's skull.

"No injury" is the bit you are missing. There is injury. I know you think it's ok. That repeated trauma to AFL players head is just part of the game.

I believe we can find a version of the game that doesn't involve players having a serious risk of CTE as part of my entertainment.
But it’s not that cut an dried, a player could get bumped over and knocked out in a marking contest without the player driving his knees into him.
To just say minimize head and neck impacts is very simplistic.
You can’t say some accidents are ok and some aren’t, that’s just making the game far more complicated than it is now.
If you don’t want to watch players risk CTE then you need to find something else to watch because IMO while there is contact there’s always the chance that it will occur.
But maybe that will happen (watching a different game) because if they go down this path it will be unrecognizable.
Yes rules have changed before but as soon as genuine contests and accidents are penalized then the game is gone.

Back