Rumour Dayne Beams - will he or won't he retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly-so I wonder precisely who at the Club insisted on a cover up?

Not worth the media circus over what I’d assume to be relatively minor charges.

getting very warm there I think

Only the person offended against can make that call. No doubt there would have been lots of advice offered.

No word yet on his status. I’m more aligned to your thinking that surely we can get something for him from Adelaide. He would probably do ok with the state of the Adelaide list.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

At a minimum, you’d think we could orchestrate a pick upgrade.

No word yet on his status. I’m more aligned to your thinking that surely we can get something for him from Adelaide. He would probably do ok with the state of the Adelaide list.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crows probably looking more medium term rather than wasting a third list spot on a Collingwood reject.

If they take him they can pick him up for free as a DFA.

Zero trade value

Crows probably looking more medium term rather than wasting a third list spot on a Collingwood reject.

If they take him they can pick him up for free as a DFA.

Zero trade value
I resent the term reject - it implies not being good enough.
Shaz had one problem injuries.
Labelling him a reject is beyond harsh.

I resent the term reject - it implies not being good enough.
Shaz had one problem injuries.
Labelling him a reject is beyond harsh.

It might be harsh but that’s exactly what he is. One mans delisted free agent is another mans reject.

I’m sure there are more important things to worry about in the world.

My point was that Shaz might not suit the crows vision for the future. Having two ex Collingwood “insert politically correct noun here” with limited success on their list already they might not necessarily have an interest in a third.

It might be harsh but that’s exactly what he is. One mans delisted free agent is another mans reject.

I’m sure there are more important things to worry about in the world.

My point was that Shaz might not suit the crows vision for the future. Having two ex Collingwood “insert politically correct noun here” with limited success on their list already they might not necessarily have an interest in a third.
Well I'm glad I didn't grow up with you as a father what a $&*! attitude towards a player who gave everything he had for the club.

Kappa just can't resist - I have you blocked sunshine, do yourself a favour and get a life.

So presumably we have to pay him out for 2021 and 2022 seasons. Hopefully with some sort of reduction but the bring-forward of his 2022 wages at least partly explains why our salary cap is so tight in 2021.

The damage done in terms of picks and $$$ from this ridiculous episode is shameful. Whoever pushed for it should resign or be sacked. Imagine what we could have done with those two first round picks and a couple of million dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well I suspect you're asking for Eddie to resign or be given the arse on this one, in terms of the push to get Beams back to Collingwood no matter what the cost. Eddie's fervent desire to trade for Beams borne out of the childish notion of "bringing him home" after Beams himself walked out on the club in acrimonious fashion must have played a big part in that rushed, ill-thought out disaster of a trade and contract.

With some regret, I have to say I don't disagree with you on that front, as I'm kind of sick of Eddie sticking his nose into football department matters whenever he sees fit nowadays (and that's not even taking into account the regular occurrences of him putting foot in mouth which a lot of supporters barely tolerate at best).

Last edited:
Well you're asking for Eddie to resign or be given the arse on this one and I have to say I don't disagree with you on that front. Kinda sick of him sticking his nose into football department matters whenever he sees fit nowadays.
You have straight information in black and white (forgive the pun) do you?
I was unaware such existed and would be interested to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re suggesting the club cries poor in contract negotiations with current players, in the knowledge that Beams will soon be off the books, and we can then chase trade targets?

Yep, that's my theory anyway. Let the players think our cap is bursting, which it technically may be... and then suddenly have some space appear before FA/trade.

Yep, that's my theory anyway. Let the players think our cap is bursting, which it technically may be... and then suddenly have some space appear before FA/trade.
I don't understand why it needs to be repeated so often.
By AFL decree EVERY club has to spend at least 95% of their cap EVERY year.

You have straight information in black and white (forgive the pun) do you?
I was unaware such existed and would be interested to see.

Edited after posting to indicate that it was my suspicion, not a fact in my possession.

Not a difficult task really in connecting the dots, given how vocal Eddie was at the time about the idea of trading him in.

It's not a stretch to think that Eddie himself would have been pushing to get Beams in at any cost and "look after him".

Edited after posting to indicate that it was my suspicion, not a fact in my possession.

Not a difficult task really in connecting the dots, given how vocal Eddie was at the time about the idea of trading him in.

It's not a stretch to think that Eddie himself would have been pushing to get Beams in at any cost and "look after him".
All good and kudos for altering it - I must have jumped on it before the hot edit.
Too many hot shots claiming belief for fact around these boards.
It is likely Eddie had a hand in it to a bigger or lesser degree than what we suppose but having been the target and victim of baseless innuendo twice I find it hard to stomach letting such go unchallenged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back