Rumour Dayne Beams - will he or won't he retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one think we need to see more opinions on this matter. Surely after 90 pages we're just starting to scratch the surface of this situation.

Ask yourself an important set of questions regarding Beams & Collingwood:

Are you a human with an opinion on things?

Why haven't you shared that opinion yet?

Don't let small things like common sense, reason, AFL contract & employment rules or even the slightest bit of knowledge about mental health conditions stand in your way - it's time that you had your say about the Dayne Beams situation!

And don't worry - if you're opinion is the same, word for word, as 300 other comments on this thread, your opinion is the one everyone will want to read.

You remind me of this :)

For a bit of fun, I challenge anyone to name a trade in the history of the AFL era (1990 onwards) that has delivered so little and cost so much as the re-recruitment of Beams.

The more I think about it, the more I’m drawn to the conclusion that it was in fact the single worst trade in the history of the game and killed our 2019-21 premiership chances in the process.

That nobody has lost their job over it is stunning. It should have been a career-ender for whoever lobbied for it. Makes me think it really was a “captain’s pick” from el Presidente.

Anyway, game on, see if you can name a worse trade made by any AFL club in living memory.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

For a bit of fun, I challenge anyone to name a trade in the history of the AFL era (1990 onwards) that has delivered so little and cost so much as the re-recruitment of Beams.

The more I think about it, the more I’m drawn to the conclusion that it was in fact the single worst trade in the history of the game and killed our 2019-21 premiership chances in the process.

That nobody has lost their job over it is stunning. It should have been a career-ender for whoever lobbied for it. Makes me think it really was a “captain’s pick” from el Presidente.

Anyway, game on, see if you can name a worse trade made by any AFL club in living memory.

What about the Swans losing access to the Danihers? Pitura from memory was the trade? Sydney forfeiting rights to Carey?

Stephen O’Reilly to the Blues is the worst trade in VFL/AFL history.

I'll raise you Chris Yarran to the tigers.
That’s not a raise, not even a call.

Credit to Weaver for this quote;

Worst trade ever?

That's easy. Pick 16 and 46 for Stephen O'Reilly who played 12 games for you. AND you had to pay him illegally outside the cap. AND he blew the whistle on you. AND you had to pay a fine. AND you got kicked out of the draft and had to recruit hacks. AND it meant that your mulit-million investment in Denis Pagan was a waste because he had no players.

Stephen O'Reilly for - Pick 16, pick 46, $1m fine, pick 1, 2, 17 and 33 in the 2003 draft, pick 1 in the 2003 PSD, 1st and 2nd round picks in the 2004 draft.

I reckon that would have the McMahon trade covered by a couple of laps of Flemington, then a trip down the highway for a run round Caulfield, before a backtrack to run the length of the Moone Valley straight.

What about the Swans losing access to the Danihers? Pitura from memory was the trade? Sydney forfeiting rights to Carey?

Well done, yes, Sydney giving up rights to Carey is a good one. I’ll probably pay that as worse than our re-recruitment of Beams - but only just.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hogan close, pick 6 and 23 but your right. Beams trade right up there with worse ever.

Look up a few posts, ye mighty, and despair.

Yes, you’re right, that CLEARLY claims the title of worst trade of all time. Glad we didn’t “win” that one!

Freo’s acquisition of Hogan gives our Beams fiasco a run for its money too. Gotta love Freo - time and again they manage screw up their trades, which makes me feel much better about our own trading incompetence. Croad, Clement, Medhurst, Tarrant, Bennell, McCarthy and now Hogan. And we, more than most, have benefitted from their generosity. God love ‘em!

Dayne Beams - will he or won't he retire?

Maybe more to the point - When is this thread going to be retired? Pretty unbecoming to keep thrashing the personal issues of someone who is unwell.
If the guy can run art classes, sell art and appear on TV, he is doing fine! If he doesn't like the thread being open, he can do the right thing by the club and supporters and leave without bleeding the club dry. Never liked him and don't believe he is suffering from anything of any consequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back