Past Dean 'The Difference' Towers - delisted 2018. COMING SOON - The Festival of Deano

Remove this Banner Ad

He's been decent other than a few turnovers. I seriously believe he is the sort of player who on gf day if we make it could do a Glenn Freeborn, Shane Ellen etc.
Mitch Morton?

Towers is your typical BigFooty whipping boy. Plays a high action game that swings wildly between great and poor and makes the odd noticeable mistake that leads us to blame him for basically everything.

I think his past couple of games have actually been quite promising. He isn't our most skilled or polished player, but he has a real crack and keeps running til the end. If only he was a strong tackler we'd probably all rate him.

while he is 26, he's only played 25 games. History suggests palyers don't hit their straps until 50 or so games (unless they are freaks). In time those howlers will become the exception not the rule. I've still hoping this rings true.

Buddy was calling for the ball in the Tigers game. Towers ignored him and bombed the ball long.
I think the point is that there is a distinct lack on field direction in the close finishes. Buddy might have been calling for it but where were the on field leaders telling Towers to pass it. That's what good on field leaders do. We have two captains but only one seems to be positive and attempts to lift players confidence in tight situations. And its not McVeigh who constantly criticises, particularly the younger players on the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the point is that there is a distinct lack on field direction in the close finishes. Buddy might have been calling for it but where were the on field leaders telling Towers to pass it. That's what good on field leaders do. We have two captains but only one seems to be positive and attempts to lift players confidence in tight situations. And its not McVeigh who constantly criticises, particularly the younger players on the field.
So Buddy isn't an on field leader? You don't need the C against your name to show some leadership.
Element of common sense had to come into play. Not long to go wind the clock down. Kick to a bloke all by himself possible. All teams try and do it to chew up time.
We lost hopefully they leant something....

and number 14, but I was thinking historically.

Well, those two are beyond amazing talents that were drafted ready for senior footy. For every one of those guys, you will have at the minimum 5 who need time to develop and train. My hat tips to the coaches trying to prepare these guys before a veteran player decides to hang up his boots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back