Review Dees v the Aints: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Off topic a bit, but does anyone have change anymore?
Always.

Banks make billions of dollars a year from surcharges on top of the rest of their profits, and I don't like banks. And even though many small businesses eat the surcharge themselves, I'd rather give my money to the people serving me than the banks, and if they don't eat the surcharge then I end up saving money. Handy!

Plus I buy and sell old a lot of old stuff like vinyl, electronics, drugs etc. so it's good not to have a papertrail for it all I think. Makes it seem like less of a business for tax purposes.

Last edited:
Throw all my change in an old fruit bowl where I chuck my keys, wallet and other miscellaneous items. Always a nice surprise at the end of the year when I empty it and see how much is there, had about an extra $250 at Xmas last year. 🥳

Frustrating, Just glad we got the win , although St Kilda are awful.

That gameplan just won’t win you finals though, with no scoreboard pressure the game is always within arms reach for the Oppo, it just doesn’t work.

0/4 in home finals and we’re still watching this crap.

Hope they prove me wrong.

That gameplan just won’t win you finals though, with no scoreboard pressure the game is always within arms reach for the Oppo, it just doesn’t work.

Tbf I reckon we did try and attack today, the issue is we go into our shell when challenged in game and/or playing a half decent team.

Always.

Banks make billions of dollars a year from surcharges on top of the rest of their profits, and I don't like banks. And even though many small businesses eat the surcharge themselves, I'd rather give my money to the people serving me than the banks, so if they don't eat the surcharge then I end up saving money. Handy!

Plus I buy and sell old a lot of old stuff like vinyl, electronics, drugs etc. so it's good not to have a papertrail for it all I think. Makes it seem like less of a business for tax purposes.
Wise man.

My partner visits the ATM each week just to piss off all the businesses that reckon they don’t carry change. He put on a real show last week “are you saying the Australian dollar is no longer valid trade for goods in this great nation???”

Pissingly funny scene and he has a point. In a time where cost of living is a thing, why are traders trying to make it impossible to use notes? (Other than the surcharge they get from eftpos and the double they get from credit card)

Last edited:
Good:

• Much cleaner with the ball this week, able to find space and move it much better. I mean that was partly due to St. Kilda being quite terrible, but scoring 100 against them is still pretty decent. We're only the second team this year to have scored 90+ against them.
  • It's easy to take Gawn for granted sometimes, but we went up against arguably the second-best ruckman in the league and gave him an absolute clinic. His tapwork in the first half was up there with the best he's ever produced.
  • TMac and Tomlinson both amazing down back. Wouldn't have imagined myself saying that at the start of the year. Really impressed not just with TMac's intercepts and defensive work, but with the aggressive and precise way he's able to move the ball on. Hit an absolute laser to someone on the lead inside 50 today - didn't know he had that in him.
  • I thought Salem had a really solid game. He has his knockers on here, but I think we're definitely a better team with him in there and playing like that.
  • Maysie's goal celebration and Lever's reaction in the box.

Bad:

• Harrison Petty has kicked 2 goals from 9 games this year, and is averaging 7.7 possessions a game. I think we're past the stage of keeping him in the team to play him into form, now. I think it's clear that his 6 goals against Richmond last year was a fluke, and he clearly just isn't doing enough to justify his spot in the team. Fullerton and Schache would offer more to the team atm.
  • McAdam seems to be struggling to get to the right spots in sync with the midfielders delivering the ball. To my eye he was either playing from behind or leading to the wrong spots for most of the match, which explains why he couldn't get the ball. Hopefully that improves as he plays a few more games and they start to gel a bit better.
  • Not sure what Windsor's role is going to be if Hunter's going to take his spot on the wing. Whatever his role was today, it didn't work.

Ugly:

• Another coaching materclass from Ross the Boss. Boxoffice stuff.
  • The prospect of another coaching masterclass courtesy of Justin Longmuir next week. Sure to be a belter.

Throw all my change in an old fruit bowl where I chuck my keys, wallet and other miscellaneous items. Always a nice surprise at the end of the year when I empty it and see how much is there, had about an extra $250 at Xmas last year. 🥳
I bought a MFC red and blue piggy bank for that in 2021.

We may have sucked since then but I’m pretty well pleased with my daggy merch selections

You're right about finals footy, we took 124 marks which is ridiculous. No one takes that many in finals, pressure is just way too high. Think the average is like 80 odd.

You're right about finals footy, we took 124 marks which is ridiculous. No one takes that many in finals, pressure is just way too high. Think the average is like 80 odd.

True, but you can only play against the team you're matched with on the day. I think that's just the sort of game that St. Kilda get other teams to play, and I thought we exploited it pretty well.

I checked St. Kilda's results against other top 8 teams, and they also had much more than 80 than marks while scoring fewer points than we did:

Geelong: 76 points / 101 marks
Giants: 80 / 95
Port: 82 / 106
Essendon: 71 / 113

It just seems to be the way to play against St. Kilda. Interestingly the exception to the above is Collingwood who only had 76 marks against the Saints, and they lost that game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My partner visits the ATM each week just to piss off all the businesses that reckon they don’t carry change. He put on a real show last week “are you saying the Australian dollar is no longer valid trades for goods in this great nation???”
So he should have, it's legal tender. Outrageous that anyone would deny legally recognised currency.
(I love hamming it up in public too, so much fun).

I think the heart was actually a gesture towards the person linked to the our Indigenous jumper who had gotten a heart transplant, the coverage made it seem like he was gesturing towards Lever lol.
But the Lever reaction was for the May goal, and I loved that

So he should have, it's legal tender. Outrageous that anyone would deny legally recognised currency.
(I love hamming it up in public too, so much fun).
I’m going to do it constantly now.

Nothing funnier than watching my partner leave mountains of goods at the counter when they refuse to take actual money.

I’m going to do it constantly now.

Nothing funnier than watching my partner leave mountains of goods at the counter when they refuse to take actual money.
There is a Seinfeld episode for everything

Max coming in under an injury cloud.

Im Back Wake Up GIF

Winning gonna p* off a few around here :)

Genuinely a fun game to watch.

Kicked 100pts against one of the better defensive sides.

Gawn is a marvel. 7th AA coming up. Best ruckman ever. And he had a fitness test before the game!

May/Tommo/TMac were genuinely great.

Loved Salem's game. JVR played one of his better games too.

Back in top 4.

2nd quarter was a bit poo, but still strong defensively.

Petty is cooked. 67 inside 50s for 3 touches? Cmon. McAdam not much better.

Freo next week a good test.
I'm not sure about this, are they one of the best defensive teams? I think their defence is mediocre at best they are 8th on lowest scores against. Still they way we played in the 1st and 3rd quarters was very pleasing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back