List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the club thought he was worth that t would have already have been offered

$600k a season is maybe only slightly overs but 5 years is 2 too many for a player with durability issues

With a fit Naitanui he’s also 3rd in line as I think Vardy offers more
But if he goes, who comes in?

We could just match for the lolz.

Hickey or Roughead now we likely can't afford Lobb
Surely we prefer Big Scotty Lycett?

Naitanui aside, what do you reckon would be the most effective possible ruck combination next year, considering all the realistic options?

Kelly has said he strongly prefers to come to WC but I can see him being placed in an awkward position if Freo offer pick 5 (would they do that?)

Imagine being pulled between disliking a club and your family wanting to come home.

But if he goes, who comes in?

We could just match for the lolz.
One of Lobb, hickey or Roughead

I’m not sure we will have the trade currency for Lobb as well as Kelly who my feeling is we will prioritise given the leg work we’ve put in

So if we have a choice of Kelly or Lobb, who do we go for?

For me, I’d take Lobb. Geelong seem bitter and will want too much. Having Gaff makes it less of a worry and both Sheed and Hutchings moved up a rung or two.

Meanwhile NicNat may not have the speedy return we hope for and we can get a back up like Clarke and Hickey but the Vardy/Lobb team sounds ok.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we get Kelly

We can get a cheap ruckman ....with gaff n Kelly added to the mix Polly farmer can ruck for us ...

That’s the plan ... vardy is cheap ...effective

Worse case scenario vardy and McGinness ruck till Nic Nat comes back ....

We will get a mature rookie even

Kelly has said he strongly prefers to come to WC but I can see him being placed in an awkward position if Freo offer pick 5 (would they do that?)

Imagine being pulled between disliking a club and your family wanting to come home.

Consider where Kelly would go in this years draft if he was in it. Doubt it would be top 10 so freo aren’t going to put that on the table

Freo’s focus will be landing Hogan and to do that they’ll need more than pick 5. They have no 2nd or 3rd picks this year to trade so means they will have to give up a future draft pick to get currency

Neale to Brisbane will help but they’ll also be looking at Lobb

Kelly’s manager has said there’s no interest in going to freo so I would question why they’d put much effort into a player that doesn’t want to play for them.

If we get Kelly

We can get a cheap ruckman ....with gaff n Kelly added to the mix Polly farmer can ruck for us ...

That’s the plan ... vardy is cheap ...effective

Worse case scenario vardy and McGinness ruck till Nic Nat comes back ....

We will get a mature rookie even
Don't like it.

Lycett has spirit. Maybe not $3 million worth of spirit, but still.

We’ll be fine .....west coast will get someone

We will have the best list next year so who wouldn’t want to play for us
I just reckon the perfect landing would be to win the flag, retain McGovern, Gaff and Lycett and add Kelly and take a s**t on everyone next year, with Naitanui emerging from the depths as a powerful third act game-changer. That's my plan. Losing Lycett interferes with my plan. I don't have time to build a whole new myth around Hickey or Roughead or some other johnny come lately.

Yeah but we Can’t afford it
That's what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back