List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glad we didn't trade.

He became surplus to needs after Gaff re-signed.

Gaff is the better player, we won a premiership and we have drafted well lately. I like having a presence in the draft.

It will be hilarious in 4 years time when our two picks are midfield stars earning AA jumpers at 22.

I just don't see Geelong getting anything out of this long term, a disgruntled player who doesn't want to live in that s**t hole, nor does his family. Massive call by Geelong yet all their fans think they've done something great?

They're not close to a premiership. The mind boggles.

Was a bit dissapointed that we didn't end up getting Kelly but then started to wonder what Kelly himself must be feeling right now. Yeah Afl is a business but cmon it's not like we were offering pick 53 guy must be devestated family comes first over footy. This will blow up in their smug faces. Hope picks 20 and 22 become 200+ gamers

Is it terry Wallace that was on trade radio? Managed to catch the last couple mins of trade period and thought I heard his stupid voice. Kept having a go at west coast for not doing a deal. Can people with social media stick it to that nob please

Thanks for the good lols this trade period, you campaigners.

sKkgwqu.jpg

Looking forward to some good draft banter in here too

Why is it that all the gun players were able to get traded to their nominated club but not Kelly? It’s not because our trade offer wasn’t fair it was, the reason they didn’t make this trade is because we won the flag and they don’t want to make us better. Geelong are toasted of the highest order

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judging by their supporters on here I'm certain Kelly will be booed at their home games next year. That will make him want to stay.
I can understand the Cats wanting to keep Kelly.
Probably hope to have another year to convince him to sign a new contract.
I just ponder the wisdom of risking the whole family thing blowing up in their face.
It’s funny how public sentiment can quickly change when family and children are involved.
This could be a heart in mouth type of season for Geelong. Also I would be intrigued to know how Dangerfield and Ablett viewed this stance being so tied to family.

I don't exactly have a lot of faith in our draft team to nail second rounders, if I'm being perfectly honest. If you look at who've taken (and missed) around that point, it doesn't paint a very good picture.

And this is me saying this, someone who nearly always has faith in the club. We'll back ourselves in to choose good talent (as we should), but we've stuffed it up so many times, I'm a bit reluctant to trust that trend will change now (especially with so little WA talent available this year).

Look, I just rate Kelly massively. I kept an very close eye on him in 2017, and want him desperately.
Don't worry mate, this is our time. Every move we've made this year has come up Millhouse for us, why not round it out with a magnificent draft?
Here's what's going to happen, we'll draft an absolute superstar with one of the picks we would have given up for Kelly, an All-Australian with the other. Then Kelly will end up taking significant time off next year mid-season for family reasons, he'll go back for the end of the season at Geelong but won't play anywhere near his normal level because he really doesn't want to be there. Nic Nat and Cole will lead us to B2B flags and then you campaigners know what happens, we'll get Kelly a couple of weeks later for a future 2nd round pick who's going to help us go B2B2B in 2020.
Lock it in.

You can see what's likely to happen.
Kelly either plays out of his skin, genuinely trying to win Geelong a flag or he cracks the shits and his value plummets.

We should be flying his family to Geelong every 2nd week and flying Tim home during the bye. Getting his manager to warn other clubs he wont sign with them and then on Geelongs Mad Monday in the week between round 23 and finals he goes MIA and we pick him up in the rookie draft for peanuts.

jumper up

I think at some point principle has to come into it. I felt very uncomfortable paying those low life dogs overs. Glad we didn't.

This is a person we're talking about though, not just picks. Principal doesn't matter when you've made a commitment to bring someone home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back