List Mgmt. Demons rabble overpay for poor 1v1 defender Fake Lever, Crows start the car!

What will Adelaide get for known weak flog & poor 1v1 defender Jake Lever?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

And I would bet anything, you would be one of the very first to call for Pyke head if he didn't play him and we lost the Grand Final.
No, i was one of the few on here that knew he was leaving early in the season and said on numerous occassions he should not play when it was evident there was player disharmony with him. It has subsequently come out that most of the playing group didnt want to play with hiim. Therefore the only conclusion that can be drawn is that the coach didnt listen to the playing group. Poor form.

No, i was one of the few on here that knew he was leaving early in the season and said on numerous occassions he should not play when it was evident there was player disharmony with him. It has subsequently came out that most of the playing group didnt want to play with hiim. Therefore the only conclusion that can be drawn is that the coach didnt listen to the playing group. Poor form.

As I said, you would demand he get sacked.

He disrespected our club in talking to an opposition club during a premiership tilt. No other club in the league would have put up with that s**t. As i said he had no right to play in a premiership team and his inclusion contributed to our loss.

He disrespected our club in talking to an opposition club during a premiership tilt. No other club in the league would have put up with that s**t. As i said he had no right to play in a premiership team and his inclusion contributed to our loss.

You do realise my comment has nothing to do with Jake Lever right?

You do realise my comment has nothing to do with Jake Lever right?
Yes, you believe lever should have played as the club was worried about a supporter backlash from his ommission, even at the expense of upsetting the team who clearly did not want to play with him. I believe he should not have played and what the team wanted would have been implemented regardless of the backlash.

Yes, you believe lever should have played as the club was worried about a supporter backlash from his ommission, even at the expense of upsetting the team who clearly did not want to play with him. I believe he should not have played and what the team wanted would have been implemented regardless of the backlash.

Wrong again. It has everything to do with your pure negativity.

If he played, as he did and we lost you can have your current stance. If he didn't play, you would have then demanded Pyke gets fired for not playing our best side.

Can not win either way.

No, i was one of the few on here that knew he was leaving early in the season and said on numerous occassions he should not play when it was evident there was player disharmony with him. It has subsequently come out that most of the playing group didnt want to play with hiim. Therefore the only conclusion that can be drawn is that the coach didnt listen to the playing group. Poor form.

I have a lot of reservations about Pyke. Is he Adam Simpson mark 2? Any coach who tolerates Josh Jenkins soft AF displays and doesn't gameplan for their Grand Final opponent and then doesn't make some serious adjustments at half-time when we were clearly getting smoked shows me that he doesn't have what it takes to win a flag.

Just a rumour that people keep repeating that they had a punch on in the rooms at half time of the GF, and Tex broke his hand punching Lever, which is why he had off-season hand surgery.
They have been communicating with each other since the grand final, so would suggest the rumour is BS.

I have a lot of reservations about Pyke. Is he Adam Simpson mark 2? Any coach who tolerates Josh Jenkins soft AF displays and doesn't gameplan for their Grand Final opponent and then doesn't make some serious adjustments at half-time when we were clearly getting smoked shows me that he doesn't have what it takes to win a flag.

I see the 3rd quater in the Grand Final 2 ways.

No one outside of our inner sanctum would have predicted the effort levels to be as low as they were as most expected us to re group and come out firing.

Saying that and using hindsight, any adjustments Pyke planned or asked for would not have worked as for whatever the reasons, the player didn't have that correct attitude.

I see the 3rd quater in the Grand Final 2 ways.

No one outside of our inner sanctum would have predicted the effort levels to be as low as they were as most expected us to re group and come out firing.

Saying that and using hindsight, any adjustments Pyke planned or asked for would not have worked as for whatever the reasons, the player didn't have that correct attitude.

I've watched the replay and to say that the effort wasn't there is an easy cop out. We were thoruoghly outcoached. Richmond made a game plan for us but we didn't for them.

I've watched the replay and to say that the effort wasn't there is an easy cop out. We were thoruoghly outcoached. Richmond made a game plan for us but we didn't for them.
That’s the part of Pykes coaching that concerns me, you surely have to sus out your opponent and come up with a plan.

If he played, as he did and we lost you can have your current stance. If he didn't play, you would have then demanded Pyke gets fired for not playing our best side.

Can not win either way.

Listen new poster, perhaps it might be wiser not to continually refer to old and previously obtained knowledge/experience of others posting habits ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, the fact that he did nothing when it was evident in the second quarter we were going to get smashed was bloody dissapointing. Although a major contributing factor to our loss was the smith and gov injuries and the selection of our slowest player on our list in otten. I still have major reservations on pyke whether he has what it takes and at this stage i would say probably not. Next year i hope he proves me wrong. Make or break year for him imo.

Last edited:

Neil Craig reloaded mate..... improved but still of the same ilk.

Listen new poster, perhaps it might be wiser not to continually refer to old and previously obtained knowledge/experience of others posting habits ;)

So he doesn’t have this tendency to be a negative poster?

If I’ve misread his intentions, I apologized. My bad.

Can not win either way.
How can implementing what the majority of the team wanted regardless of the result be a bad thing? No individual is bigger than the team. If the team wanted lever out and i was coach, he would not have played. I know that a group who is heard is a group that feels respected and will sure as hell try harder on grand final day. I reiterate again, playing alongside someone you detest did not bring the team together and pyke was derelict in his responsibility to the playing group in playing him. If you can't see that you're either a pyke apologist or just plain stupid. By the way, go back and watch lever's performance. He contributed nothing and embarrassed himself.

How can implementing what the majority of the team wanted regardless of the result be a bad thing? No individual is bigger than the team. If the team wanted lever out and i was coach, he would not have played. I know that a group who is heard is a group that feels respected and will sure as hell try harder on grand final day. I reiterate again, playing alongside someone you detest did not bring the team together and pyke was derelict in his responsibility to the playing group in playing him. If you can't see that you're either a pyke apologist or just plain stupid. By the way, go back and watch lever's performance. He contributed nothing and embarrassed himself.

I agree with some of your points--particularly Lever's (non) performance on the day. But how do you know this about the playing-groups' wishes to exclude the grub?

I agree with some of your points--particularly Lever's (non) performance on the day. But how do you know this about the playing-groups' wishes to exclude the grub?
It's common knowlede and the club has come out through information given to media outlets that the leaders of the club on behalf of the playing group approached don pyke at the beginning of the finals series recommending lever not be played. Lever was told that the leaders did not want him played if he had not recommitted and he indicated to the club that he was leaving. Don played him anyway against what was being strongly recommended. If i was a leader of the club and the coach had just backed in a traitor over my wishes that would not have gone down well.

Last edited:
It's common knowlede and the club has come out through information given to media outlets that the leaders of the club on behalf of the playing group approached don pyke at the beginning of the finals series recommending lever not be played. Lever was told that the leaders did not want him played if he had not recommitted and he indicated to the club that he was leaving. Don played him anyway against what was being strongly recommended. If i was a leader of the club and the coach had just backed in a traitor over my wishes that would not have gone down well.

Okay, thanks, I wasn't aware that info had been given to the media by the club. I agree that the playing group would be pissed off at having its wishes ignored.

It's common knowlede and the club has come out through information given to media outlets that the leaders of the club on behalf of the playing group approached don pyke at the beginning of the finals series recommending lever not be played.

That’s not true muzza, the club has done no such thing that anyone knows about it

And it doesn’t become true just because you said was “common knowledge”

Share these media reports, because that is not something I have seen.

Back