Mod. Notice Depressed? Anxious? Call Beyond Blue (1300 224636), Lifeline (131114), resources in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been in a dark place the last few days. I struggled to drive down the road to my cricket game today.

I almost cried while I was batting. Not sure how I batted so well. I ended up retiring as I got to the point that I felt i needed to sit down.

I've spoken to my partner about how I could quit my job and hope I can find something else. It may not pay the bills though and I need to support my two children.

I hope someone reads this. I feel lonely in the head and I'm so negative to myself.
Please talk to your GP. Keep yourself healthy by eating right. Hope you are getting enough sleep.

All the best.

I've been in a dark place the last few days. I struggled to drive down the road to my cricket game today.

I almost cried while I was batting. Not sure how I batted so well. I ended up retiring as I got to the point that I felt i needed to sit down.

I've spoken to my partner about how I could quit my job and hope I can find something else. It may not pay the bills though and I need to support my two children.

I hope someone reads this. I feel lonely in the head and I'm so negative to myself.

I’m reading it.

Firstly I’m really sorry you are feeling this way: there’s no immediate fix and no magic words I can say or that anyone can say to make it better.

One positive is that you are doing something physical in playing cricket so that’s a great start and it probably means automatically that you have the social network and people within it that care about you that flows from a sports team so that’s a great thing. Don’t ignore that and let it sit idle, make use of it because there would be people in that team who care for you.

You have a partner who obviously would care for you too and that’s more than some people have. No that’s not me saying ‘just be grateful’ because I know that’s not how depression works, I just mean that she would love and care for you and automatically you know that someone has your back so again, use that support and know that someone cares.

And especially your children. They would depend on, love, and idolise you. Try as hard as you can to start each day with a positive frame of mind for them. Just in the smallest way possible: ok today I’m going to find something to smile about. A funny YouTube video, a show that has always made me happy, a favourite sporting memory etc etc. tiny things. Work from there.

But as the other respondent said, more than anything, seek help from a GP first and foremost

I’m reading it.

Firstly I’m really sorry you are feeling this way: there’s no immediate fix and no magic words I can say or that anyone can say to make it better.

One positive is that you are doing something physical in playing cricket so that’s a great start and it probably means automatically that you have the social network and people within it that care about you that flows from a sports team so that’s a great thing. Don’t ignore that and let it sit idle, make use of it because there would be people in that team who care for you.

You have a partner who obviously would care for you too and that’s more than some people have. No that’s not me saying ‘just be grateful’ because I know that’s not how depression works, I just mean that she would love and care for you and automatically you know that someone has your back so again, use that support and know that someone cares.

And especially your children. They would depend on, love, and idolise you. Try as hard as you can to start each day with a positive frame of mind for them. Just in the smallest way possible: ok today I’m going to find something to smile about. A funny YouTube video, a show that has always made me happy, a favourite sporting memory etc etc. tiny things. Work from there.

But as the other respondent said, more than anything, seek help from a GP first and foremost

Thank you

Wish I had a throwaway account for this..

Honestly, mental health sucks. No matter how much you strive to get out of it, it claws you back in. The intense anxiety everyday worrying about finances, am I good enough husband, father. Struggle.

Last night have hit a breaking point. Had a squabble with my partner and it turned bad. Really bad. Things were said, hurtful things and I just cannot stand it anymore. Have been down this road before, but I’m respectful, don’t engage and make up afterward.

Couldn’t last night, for some reason. I even shocked myself. I gave it back. It feels awful and may have jeopardised my entire relationship with my partner and kids. No talking today and left without a word for work.

Truth is it’s a yo yo. Fight then make up, get really close and happy. Then repeat.

My mind is going haywire this morning. Horrible chest pains, headache, nausea.

That’s my rant. This forum helps. Thanks

Honestly, mental health sucks. No matter how much you strive to get out of it, it claws you back in. The intense anxiety everyday worrying about finances, am I good enough husband, father. Struggle.

Last night have hit a breaking point. Had a squabble with my partner and it turned bad. Really bad. Things were said, hurtful things and I just cannot stand it anymore. Have been down this road before, but I’m respectful, don’t engage and make up afterward.

Couldn’t last night, for some reason. I even shocked myself. I gave it back. It feels awful and may have jeopardised my entire relationship with my partner and kids. No talking today and left without a word for work.

Truth is it’s a yo yo. Fight then make up, get really close and happy. Then repeat.

Sorry to hear. Would you consider professional help, counselling? Both of you?

Sorry to hear. Would you consider professional help, counselling? Both of you?
Thanks for replying.
She’s old school and would never. It’s a pride and honour, as she’s cultural and religious.
I’ve tried and honestly don’t find it helpful. Just feels like no way back now. The tricky and awful part is kids involved. I’ve been alienated.

Thanks for replying.
She’s old school and would never. It’s a pride and honour, as she’s cultural and religious.
I’ve tried and honestly don’t find it helpful. Just feels like no way back now. The tricky and awful part is kids involved. I’ve been alienated.
Maybe her church? Any family backup?

Hey bro I've messaged you. Hope everything is on the improve

Divorce been dragging on 2 years now

Ex Wife wants to leave me with nothing

Thought myself this s**t has gotten out of hand so sent her a msg in good faith wanting to to mend some fences and try sorry this out so I can see my dogs

Even allowed her to keep some of the assets that were mine for herself

At the same time organised with her lawyers to send me in the post what they need me to sign

The day before the paperwork arrived she has me arrested

Sent en email to her lawyer forgot about me signing anything now do not contact me again

We were getting along fine until I refused to sign the initial agreement I continued to pay the mortgage for 8 months after I moved out of the house as well

So now I’ve got a court date at some point
Hey, just read this. Terrible to hear. It sounds like you need to get good legal representation yourself. These matters are really hard and people turn, it’s important to make sure she doesn’t take you for a ride and you walk out of it all with something.

You’re within your rights to not pay the agreement if you aren’t happy or don’t agree as such.

Hoping it works out for you.

Hey, I read it. Much later than you posted. Firstly, I hope the knock was good. That’s something. I’ve had so many moments like that. Still keep having them. Balancing financial obligations is hard with happiness. Do you dislike your job to the point where you want to quit or could you find an outlet to help manage your feelings?

Hoping you’re ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, just read this. Terrible to hear. It sounds like you need to get good legal representation yourself. These matters are really hard and people turn, it’s important to make sure she doesn’t take you for a ride and you walk out of it all with something.

You’re within your rights to not pay the agreement if you aren’t happy or don’t agree as such.

Hoping it works out for you.
I’m pretty much just ignoring all her lawyers correspondence now

And I’ve got legal problems with the police and I’ve never been in trouble with the cops in my life

The thing is the amount of people I talk to about my situation there’s so many in the same situation using IVO’s as a weapon when divorce gets messy

The stress has been enormous I’ve been dealing with and facing court is a pretty daunting situation

I’m pretty much just ignoring all her lawyers correspondence now

And I’ve got legal problems with the police and I’ve never been in trouble with the cops in my life

The thing is the amount of people I talk to about my situation there’s so many in the same situation using IVO’s as a weapon when divorce gets messy

The stress has been enormous I’ve been dealing with and facing court is a pretty daunting situation
Ok, how serious are your issues with the police? Due to breaching IVO?

Ok, how serious are your issues with the police? Due to breaching IVO?
Not very

Nothing threatening or violent

Just msgd her trying to mend fences agreed to her lawyers proposal because I wanted to move past it

The cops were pretty good about it because it wasn’t anything aggressive but I’ll end up in court

She’s just paying me back for dragging out the asset split costing her money in lawyers

Hey king. How you going?

Not very

Nothing threatening or violent

Just msgd her trying to mend fences agreed to her lawyers proposal because I wanted to move past it

The cops were pretty good about it because it wasn’t anything aggressive but I’ll end up in court

She’s just paying me back for dragging out the asset split costing her money in lawyers
This happens a lot. Many many family lawyers advise their clients to get an ivo purely for the reason that it may help in some future dispute because it's considered "evidence".

Hope Ur ok.

Dont know what to say :huh:
But couldnt walk past without saying - Look after yourself mate

Re the part where you are not talking to your partner leaving for work...
Couldn't tell you how many times I have personally been in this siuation the morning after a fight with my wife the night before. Yes its awkward and super tense but you just get through it when you're angry. In the end you just have to force yourself to open up the communication lines again as uncomfortable as it is. Apologise where you need to and come to an understanding and empathize with her stance where its reasonable. Thats how I get through those times.

I'm good thanks. Surprising how getting into weight lifting and healthy eating does for your mental health.
When I came off anti depressants I googled natural treatments for depression and two of the main things that came up were diet and exercise. I’m not perfect I try to eat pretty well and get outside and at least go for a walk every day. Overall I’ve been a lot more stable.
Keep up the good work.

This happens a lot. Many many family lawyers advise their clients to get an ivo purely for the reason that it may help in some future dispute because it's considered "evidence".

Hope Ur ok.
I ended up being arrested and faced court the other week

The magistrate asked me for my side of the story

I just said I was trying to mend fences that we were in a cycle of constantly trying to hurt each other via lawyers and the police and that I was dragging the divorce out deliberately because she wanted to leave me with nothing and sort this out like an adult… nothing I said in the msg was aggressive threatening or menacing in fact I said she could have all the assets even my motorbike that she was holding to ransom

We were a childless couple but had three dogs I just said I wanted to see the dogs as they’re getting old and don’t have a lot of time left.

The judge believed me but gave me a three month good behaviour bond… he asked me if I was able to handle it I said to him I work 7 days a week trying to get back on my feet it’s literally all I do

He goes no problem go sit in the back row and while we prepare your paperwork

I ended up sitting next to this full on criminal looking cu&t facials tattoos mean as fu@k could tell he’d been in prison before …. He put his arm around me and goes you alright bro?? I go yeah mate I’m fine

Like I’m one of the boys… was actually a nice gesture

Last edited:
Also starting to get off the Xanax that I was taking to deal with the shitstorm of the divorce police court being arrested and trying to run my business in between

Spoke to a client of mine who’s a doctor and he gave me a plan which I’ve started to follow

Also starting to get off the Xanax that I was taking to deal with the shitstorm of the divorce police court being arrested and trying to run my business in between

Spoke to a client of mine who’s a doctor and he gave me a plan which I’ve started to follow
That was a good move. Things will get better, although it might take time. Hang in there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back