News Directors at the AFC... (2019 AGM Voting, with poll)

Who will you vote for the empty board seat at the 2019 AGM

• Dan Kiley

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • Paul Edginton

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Kym Ryder

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • *seek other candidate*

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just think about this for a second. A member of the board is being muzzled by... the General Manager Media. Now, if i were to look at an organisational chart, I'd expect to see the GM Media reporting to the CEO, reporting to the board.

Sooooo, the guy two rungs down is telling a board member what to do? Really? Is that how our club operates?

Just think about this for a second. A member of the board is being muzzled by... the General Manager Media. Now, if i were to look at an organisational chart, I'd expect to see the GM Media reporting to the CEO, reporting to the board.

Sooooo, the guy two rungs down is telling a board member what to do? Really? Is that how our club operates?

It's how all modern corporations work, or are supposed to work. Nobody speaks to the media without the approval and possibly accompaniment of the senior media manager/public relations officer, and the power to muzzle is delegated to them by the CEO and/or chairman, because staying on message is seen as the most critical aspect of running a multi-million or billion dollar enterprise.

It's how all modern corporations work, or are supposed to work. Nobody speaks to the media without the approval and possibly accompaniment of the senior media manager/public relations officer, and the power to muzzle is delegated to them by the CEO and/or chairman, because staying on message is seen as the most critical aspect of running a multi-million or billion dollar enterprise.
Except this is a football club, and this is a member elected Board member...

Yea, this is more correct for me.

All club related media would have to go through the media manager - it’s just the stupidity of not allowing the membership representative to not engage with the fan base that is moronic.

Surely this is the end of the Muffin Men, how can you proceed with this pathetic attitude from the club.

The apologists will have a hard time defending this strange stance.

I think it shows how determined the club is not to let anything slip; not to the muffin men, not to anyone

Which calls into question the value of the exchange if they have a Kremlin like shut down in place

I reckon I called it earlier in this thread he was one the Boys Club.

Got shouted down.......

Be shocked if he actually presented any members sentiment at board level. He might give Feenix a token email reply and that is it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
He is not part of the boys club

Except this is a football club, and this is a member elected Board member...

But that’s the thing. We are not an organic footy club. We don’t have anything authentic about us and everyone can see it.

We are only a footy club in 2 places, the name on the front of the jumper and the game they play ion the field. Even the media are now saying those things.

I do not, so I do not know but does anyone who posts on this board go to the Margarey Room for any after match functions?

Do the board members turn up?
Can you chat to them and ask them questions?
Has anyone seen Kym Ryder at one of these functions and have you had a chat to him before?

This could be a good place to voice any members dissatisfaction and tell him the members perspective on how things are gaining from our point of view.

But that’s the thing. We are not an organic footy club. We don’t have anything authentic about us and everyone can see it.

We are only a footy club in 2 places, the name on the front of the jumper and the game they play ion the field. Even the media are now saying those things.

Oh * off Alex. What a stupid thing to say, even for you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expect board members would sign onto a media policy and numerous others.

I wonder if paid for NDAs are included in the cap?
Might be free in this instance. Presumably Josh wants another club to pick him up.

Josh, we'll keep quiet about your being a snitch* if you keep quiet about the camp and various other goings on.

Deal.

*if rumours are true

Might be free in this instance. Presumably Josh wants another club to pick him up.

Josh, we'll keep quiet about your being a snitch* if you keep quiet about the camp and various other goings on.

Deal.

*if rumours are true

He only needs to wait until he’s gone. A well run club would back themselves in to not have anything worthy or damaging enough to leak to the media.

"As a general rule, we don’t have Board Directors (other than the Chairman and those who have professional employment in media) fulfil interview opportunities"
Unbelievable.

So our members representative is not allowed to speak to the members he was voted in to represent.

You could not make this s**t up.

Pathetic by the club.

Give him some media training if that is the real reason... but we know it's not as they are muzzling him to control the message.

Makes a complete farce of having a members representative on the board.

Hope Rowey is reading this as you should raise this with the club next time & don't back down with follow up questions.

This confirms our club does not intend to be transparent with the members, because they are more interested in covering up issues than fixing problems so the club can move forward. They are there for the wrong self interested reasons.

Chapman & Fagan - the old saying is the club is bigger than the individual...

I bet there'll be an article in the next few weeks from afc.com.au with an (internal) interview with Kym Ryder
I reckon Spackler would already know the transcript of the interview....

So our members representative is not allowed to speak to the members he was voted in to represent.

I imagine they're perfectly fine with him speaking to the members when accompanied by a member of the media team, though they may possibly request no cameras or microphones.

Seriously guys, this is how corporations work, I can't be the only one here with corporate experience.

I imagine they're perfectly fine with him speaking to the members when accompanied by a member of the media team, though they may possibly request no cameras or microphones.

Seriously guys, this is how corporations work, I can't be the only one here with corporate experience.

Or request a copy of the questions be sent through in advance so they can vet through them.

Of course a member from the PR team would be present when talking to any member of the executive team.

The issue is even this has been denied, for the very board member that should be engaging with the fan base.

How is the member elected board member supposed to engage with the supporter base when the club blocks opportunities for him to engage with the supporter base?

This isn't some random executive or board member. This is the guy WE elected. The club should be open to facilitating these opportunities given its his job to represent the members at board level

Back