Do we need to lose a game to win a premiership?

Do we need to lose a game before the finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of our players haven't even played together for that long this year (Lynch and Riewoldt for eample), so I would imagine that the feeling would be pretty fresh / new, regardless of whether we're winning or losing.

Lets win every game instead and go HUNTING.

Losing is bad for form (obviously) and will hurt our chances. So just keep winning and see where that takes us.

If we end up going to Brisbane or Perth so be it. We can win at either place.

We have to win 12 games s**t... that's why i don't think we are favourites and if we drop one before finals like you guys have said we miss top 4, i do not get why we hyped up so much in the media i know we sell papers but jesus history is a bit against us.

We have to win 12 games s**t... that's why i don't think we are favourites and if we drop one before finals like you guys have said we miss top 4, i do not get why we hyped up so much in the media i know we sell papers but jesus history is a bit against us.
We don't have to win 12 in a row. We could finish top 4, lose the qualifying final then win the remaining 3. We could also lose a game and miss top 4, then get a home game in the first week against Adelaide or Essendon and win through to the GF. Just winning them all is the easier path. The Bulldogs won from 7th, so it can be done. :moustache:

We only have to win 6

The fact we’ve already won 6 is irrelevant now. It’s kind of like saying “s**t we need to stay in touch with the top with 8 walk up best 22 players out” - we’ve already done that.

Last edited:
Why lose, reality check motivation or something?
Think our lose was against the Dees reckon we got all of the above from that game any of the last 3 teams we play probably would of done us playing like that. Maybe not Carlton!
Win Win Win from here on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dermie on Fox Footy thought winning 12 on the trot is too hard and we will drop a game somewhere, so the Tigers have to drop a game before we hit the elimination stage of the finals. I reckon Dermie should bring back his mullet.

In answer to the question - No. Winning form is good form. :richmond:

We have already lost plenty before this year so no we don't.

Besides, Dermott supported Collingwood as a kid, I rest my case!!!

If we do finish 4th the bloody cats better not choke and give up 1st. It won't be fair if we have to play Eagles or Lions interstate.

It won't be fair? What is that based on?

If we can't beat Brisbane at the Gabba week one of finals I'd be massively disappointed. Eagles in Perth a tougher assignment but I'd still give us at least a 40% chance.

Nah, weve got tough games ahead, but if we win them and finish 4th we will be in good shape, we limped in to the finals series last year, this year would be more like 2017 where we go into september on a roll

Geelong have fallen off in form and we would have beaten brisbane and westcoast at the G the venue we will play them at in a prelim or the grand final

It won't be fair? What is that based on?

If we can't beat Brisbane at the Gabba week one of finals I'd be massively disappointed. Eagles in Perth a tougher assignment but I'd still give us at least a 40% chance.
It won't be fair as they boys will be well and truly settled in @ the G by that stage ;)

In all seriousness I'd like to play cats in the first final at the G, after a bye just for the melts but I'd back the boys in anywhere.

Lions are hungry and remind me of us in 2017 to going under the radar this is a well drilled lions unit now.Eagles hold no fears in Melbourne now lost only 1 of there last 9 away games here they a building nicely and there forward line is so dangerous.

Back