Competitions Do you hate St Kilda?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t know about St Kilda, but I am beginning to hate Simon f*cking Lethlean.

When he worked at the AFl he f*cked everything that moved or stood still.

He has f*cked us over in two trades.

Ultimately it will be fine, he will f*ck St Kilda up good and proper.
Higgo trade value was pick 26 (based on the Saint's future second round pick being the same as this year). Don't think that is too bad a deal.

Butler wasn't getting a game so 56 was all he was worth at the time. I am not convinced that he will maintain the form of the first half of 2020.

I dont really hate them for anything related to playing or supporter base but it pisses me off that the AFL AND OTHER CLUBS HAVE TO CONSTANTLY PROP THEM UP !

" Richer clubs, such as West Coast, Collingwood, Richmond and Hawthorn, had been receiving AFL distributions that did not cover their player payments. St Kilda, conversely, has been receiving several million dollars more ($20m plus in distribution) than their player spend "

" St Kilda have received at least $4 million more each year for the last three years from the AFL than the next Victorian teams.
The Saints' total AFL distribution last year was $20,635,000, which was up $96,522 on 2018. They also received $20.6 million in 2017. "

"The AFL pumped $23.5 million into GWS in 2019 in documents filed with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, The Herald Sun reports.
On top of that they've given $27.5 million to the Gold Coast Suns - the other expansion interstate team.
St Kilda received $20.6 million, the most of the Victorian clubs"

I dont really hate them for anything related to playing or supporter base but it pisses me off that the AFL AND OTHER CLUBS HAVE TO CONSTANTLY PROP THEM UP !

" Richer clubs, such as West Coast, Collingwood, Richmond and Hawthorn, had been receiving AFL distributions that did not cover their player payments. St Kilda, conversely, has been receiving several million dollars more ($20m plus in distribution) than their player spend "

" St Kilda have received at least $4 million more each year for the last three years from the AFL than the next Victorian teams.
The Saints' total AFL distribution last year was $20,635,000, which was up $96,522 on 2018. They also received $20.6 million in 2017. "

"The AFL pumped $23.5 million into GWS in 2019 in documents filed with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, The Herald Sun reports.
On top of that they've given $27.5 million to the Gold Coast Suns - the other expansion interstate team.
St Kilda received $20.6 million, the most of the Victorian clubs"

*in minnows

I don't hate them.. don't like them either, I don't really see them as a big threat in 2021 compared to Port, Brisbane, Geelong.

They not guaranteed to have a year like they did this year.

Whats really annoying is that our prize for winning the flag was meant to be $1.2 million but got cut back to $660k i believe (not 100% sure on this but did get cut back) due to covid. But minnows collect $4 mil more every year FMD

Sounds like the narrative has shifted to the saints being the next team in the gun to fold.

Big debt. Not much asset or turnover. Big clubs apparently told them to GTFO since corona. :(

If they actually die it would be a bit sad but a tassie or darwin team would be fun :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like the narrative has shifted to the saints being the next team in the gun to fold.

Big debt. Not much asset or turnover. Big clubs apparently told them to GTFO since corona. :(

If they actually die it would be a bit sad but a tassie or darwin team would be fun :)
Honestly to me the Saints are just a stepping stone and are pretty much irrelevant , Tassie Saints has a good ring to it

Honestly to me the Saints are just a stepping stone and are pretty much irrelevant , Tassie Saints has a good ring to it
A Tassie team could be very successful. Similar to Geelong, you get to play at a boutique stadium that has very different conditions to any other ground (i.e. windy af), get the full home ground advantage afforded by this, and only have an extremely quick trip to play any Melbourne-based clubs.

I'm sure as well a Tassie team would get the pick of all the local players too. It'd just be about generating enough memberships/money that might be the only challenge.

Idk why Norf didn't consider relocating down there. They are close to unbeatable at Blundstone even in their bad years.

I was born in 66, only teams I really get fired up beating Carlton, Essendon, Colonwood, Port"no history"Adelaide franchise lighting bolt slum dwellars then kinda Norf and Bulldogs ….ummm who are we talking about again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back