Analysis Does Zac Langdon have footballer legs?

Well, does he?

• Yes

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • I'd rather not answer

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Like his ferocity and tackling but outside of that he doesn't give much.
Only averaging 2 tackles a game this year, for all that ferocity and tackling.

I don’t think he has a suitable position at AFL level and, provided Winder develops properly and Rioli comes back strong, I would expect us to delist him as soon as his contract is up.

He’s had one OK season back in 2018 where he seemingly was trying to make an impact in a strong side, but has been mediocre since and will be 26 before the start of next season. Don’t want another Ah Chee list clogging situation

Only averaging 2 tackles a game this year, for all that ferocity and tackling.

I don’t think he has a suitable position at AFL level and, provided Winder develops properly and Rioli comes back strong, I would expect us to delist him as soon as his contract is up.

He’s had one OK season back in 2018 where he seemingly was trying to make an impact in a strong side, but has been mediocre since and will be 26 before the start of next season. Don’t want another Ah Chee list clogging situation
Yeah I'm surprised his defensive stats are so low. Maybe its more his effort I like but his output is garbage. Jones is similar but actually provides more as a player

Yeah I'm surprised his defensive stats are so low. Maybe its more his effort I like but his output is garbage. Jones is similar but actually provides more as a player
He averaged twice as many tackles in 2018 - if he could somehow rekindle that season’s form it’d be great, but he was playing in a powerful forward unit that usually included Cameron, Greene, Patton, Lobb and Himmelberg.

It's definitely not as simple as leg strength = kicking length.

Lewis Jetta has some of the smallest legs I've ever seen yet could hit a 70m spear off a step.

It's technique and timing.

Its not that simple of course but this guy has the least depth penetration on a kick ever. Its not just technique im afraid and thats the least of the problems. Its everything

Its not that simple of course but this guy has the least depth penetration on a kick ever. Its not just technique im afraid and thats the least of the problems. Its everything
I know you want your victory lap but technique and timing are absolutely more important than leg strength in kicking

He needs to practise getting a couple of more metres distance in his kicking , not much point in getting a good look at the goals from good positions if you can’t kick a goal from 40 metres out ..
At least learn to kick the torpedo that’ll give the few extra metres..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know you want your victory lap but technique and timing are absolutely more important than leg strength in kicking

I know you dont want to admit you were wrong but we gotta move on from these things. If tehnique is the difference between kicking it 35m and say 70m like Hurn can then we simply must never do gym work ever again . All we gotta do is technique

Langdon is a goer and applies pressure but is seriously unskilled. Can’t kick far, misses short kicks, even hand passes, interrupts possession chains because he doesn’t know the right decision to make. He could have had a goal last night if the tall forwards had realized he was going to struggle for the distance. He may improve but I won’t be holding my breath. When Cripps began at the Eagles he missed a lot of kicks, but I think Cripps is significantly more skilled than Langdon. Just a fringe or depth player currently, needs to improve to stay on the list.

Explain Lewis Jetta to me then

He was a flat out athletic freak in so many ways. He also had insane issues with calves long term over his career too mind you

Jetta as a example is like looking at a big black guy with muscles and asking me why cant he run as fast as Usain Bolt for

Can you name anyone outside of Jetta who was relatively slim but kicked the ball long distances?

Would be unlikely for him able to improve his speed, but if he improve his kicking distance, maybe keep him on the list longer. He's too much of a liability.
Otherwise we should cut our losses and just delist him then pay him out if allowed.
Especially if list sizes don't revert back to 44, we'll have to sacrifice another more worthy prospect.
We exercised a severe lack of judgement in giving him a 3 year contract. We should've given him only a 1 year contract to see how he goes like when we traded in Ah Chee from Port Power.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was a flat out athletic freak in so many ways. He also had insane issues with calves long term over his career too mind you

Jetta as a example is like looking at a big black guy with muscles and asking me why cant he run as fast as Usain Bolt for

Can you name anyone outside of Jetta who was relatively slim but kicked the ball long distances?
Nicoski could give it a good roost

Ben Johnson is pretty slim but is a beautiful long kick.

Trent McKenzie from GC/Port

If you suck at handballing you can just throw the ball instead. For kicking though there's really no plan B, unfortunately.

I can live with a guy with shitty range on his kicks if he makes up for it in other areas.
One thing that never fails to frustrate me though is players who are in denial about their own limitations. If you're outside your range, then just DON'T KICK FOR GOAL. That applies whether your range is 70 or 40.
And it especially applies when your goal square contains the likes of JK, Oscar & Flyin'.

I was about to say Adrain Fletcher but he was a Purple. I mean to say Dustin Fletcher

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Back