Luke Shuey - Where Does He Rank?

Remove this Banner Ad

I personally think he didn't reach his full potential due to injury and some decision making, I can't fault his effort and willingness to take the game on and make a difference.

Top 5 mid for the eagles however.

Shuey never got the attention or accolades from the national media around how good he was.

From 2012 onwards to probably halfway through 18 when Yeo really came along he was the mid in our team to cop a tag or negative attention week in week out. Many have stated here, he didn’t pad stats, all his disposals were to the point and effective. It’s a real shame that the national media is full of parochialism towards the local audience and their personal agendas because he definitely should have a couple of AAs in there. You can’t tell me Joel Selwood as good as a player he was should have 6 and shuey none.

Anyhow, where does he rank among our greats and midfield. It’s a hard top 6 with cousins, Judd, Kerr, Matera, kemp and Cox. But he’d be next in line for sure.

To say embley or Mainy we’re better than him is ludicrous

Embers was a completely different player and seems a bit silly to compare he and Boots.

Embers was an attacking wing/HFF with plenty of campaigner to win his own footy. Boots was a true inside mid.

I think on peaks Luke is right up with our best. Availability curtails his placing in terms of career IMO. We have been absolutely robbed of seeing some amazing football between Luke, Yeo and Nic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back