Autopsy Dogs get the job done for Bonty's 200th

Remove this Banner Ad

Frustrating game, but the 4 points is all that matters. Small percent boost going from 90.3 to 96.7 and that last quarter looked really good. I don’t think Hawthorn are as s**t as people made them out to be especially with Lewis. Some of the hysterics in the game thread were way overblown and to be 4-3 with the Giants next week is a good position.

Liam Jones was huge and saved us a few goals in the first half when they were piling on the pressure. Tim didn’t have his best rucking game but his around the ground presence was huge in the end. Glad we got the win for Bont what a player he is. A win's a win and I'm glad we dealt with the pressure in the first half and were able to take control from there.

A hell of a lot to work on. Arty is building well, JJ was our best by far, Tim and Smith lifted in the 2nd half, Naughton great, Jamarra great again, Lobb is a real worry. I’d prefer Darcy or Buku

Glad that's over with. Bont deserves the win. What a remarkable young man, both on and off the field. Couldn't be prouder to have him as our captain.

You're next, Toby Greene! Watch out!

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sorry but that was hard to watch. Remember we were playing 18th with two debutants!!!

McNeill and Scott proved themselves to be true vfl-level footballers. Weightman is lucky he has credits in the bank.

Daniel's form and Naughton's continued efforts were the only highlights for me, along with Arty Jones who grows each week.

Win is all that matters and it ended up being comfortable enough that it was a little percentage boost. We were lucky in that first half that Mitch Lewis didn't have his kicking boots on. He was dominating, and their mids were giving us a bath but it didn't translate on the scoreboard. Walked over them in the second half and once we got a couple of goals up, there was no real worry.

Feel like we've been building the past month, getting better every week. This did feel like a little step back today.

Got to be the first time in forever we've won without winning the clearances. I remember a stat a while ago that said we hadn't done it in yonks but not sure when.

Poor first half, average second half.

Midfield was very average for the first half. Forward line still not fully clicking for us.

Liked McNeil and arty Jones work today. Weightman can’t play as bad as he did today again.

Not sold on keath and TOB they get beaten in contest quite a bit and make poor decisions.

Great to have JJ back performing and adds another dimension to our backline with Richards and dale.

Sorry but that was hard to watch. Remember we were playing 18th with two debutants!!!

McNeill and Scott proved themselves to be true vfl-level footballers. Weightman is lucky he has credits in the bank.

Daniel's form and Naughton's continued efforts were the only highlights for me, along with Arty Jones who grows each week.

Must have been watching a different game on McNiel, seemed to do quite a few good things worked hard, pressured and did enough to show he has a place in the team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank God we got the win.

JJ was one of our best, good to see he still has that dash. English is just ridiculously talented. Bont, say no more. Getting the win for him was the only thing that mattered today and why I was so p**** at that first half, because the intensity just wasn't there. But, we pulled the finger out in the second half and showed some signs. Bank the win, celebrate the Bont and move on to the Plastics.

Hawks have been competitive the last few weeks.

It was a very honest performance from us.

Great to see Nauts bag 4 from a pretty average game.

English fought back well after being pantsed early. JUH kept fighting. Duryea and TOB were pretty good.

Great to see Arty finally kick one. Crowd love him. Was ironic seeing Wingard, who allegedly rejected us over the way we handled our indigenous players, sit there doing nothing while a booming crowd cheered Arty and JUH all night.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back