Autopsy Dogs get the job done for Bonty's 200th

Remove this Banner Ad

CD quietly putting together a very good season after copping a heap of flack on here. Like I said preseason, I think he’s the best genuine utility on our list and like that we’ve used him that way. I still don’t want to see him in the CBs too often it’s just not what we need in there, but he’s obviously capable enough as a rotation if needed.

High fwd pushing into the midfield, and being thrown behind the ball when we need a calm head to wrestle back control of the game. That’s his go.

He’s a gun

Unfortunately it’s not as simple as that. It’s Cody’s instinct to fly for marks and he’s likely been doing it since he was a young kid.

If you ask him to change his instincts, he begins to second guess how he plays and sometimes the result is worse. When the ball is in the air, he then starts to look around at what’s happening and hesitate rather than just playing the game.
Maybe change up his role then and play as a goal-kicking wingman where his marking can be better utilised.

I sit ground level Aisle 34 (between wing and half forward). Its a great spot, gets the bulldog chant up and going every week, same people have had the seats for years. Pre- covid, never any opposition supporters in the area, great loved it. Since covid, we have people sneaking in every week. Generally the type who do this are young mouthy smart a*rses. We had an incident with the Saints a few weeks back (group of 6 saints fans being abusive), told the people checking eventually police came down but too late, they gone by then.

Yet considering we pay for the privilege to seat with our own members it shouldn't be happening. I think because most have tickets on phones now, its harder for the staff to check tickets, compared to flashing a card. They really need to start checking tickets again and have security ready if a situation arises.
That's my old stomping ground, end of Row H, Aisle 34. Had that seat for years, gave it up just prior to Covid when my dad stopped coming to the footy and started just going Gen Admin with some mates. Def a loud area of supporters. Also doesn't surprise me yoh had issues with Saints supporters. High on my list as the most arrogant fwits

Being honest about Cody, not only does he take himself out of his position by flying for marks, he takes himself out by diving in search of a free kick. And the umps have stopped paying them.

Still very valuable to our forward line just by being in the team (and through his manic pressure) but it’s a little concerning that he hasn’t changed offensively at all really in his time here. And we have naughts/Marra/Darcy for a long time (hopefully), he can’t be competing against them in the air for the next 10 years. The ground ball small fwd stuff has to happen or we just stick him in the midfield more when we have 3 talls in the forward line.
I don't imagine that he will. Part of his evolution as a footballer will be to be more discerning, to pick his moments, to see the bigger picture.
I imagine that this is essentially part of the the coaching process.

In review, OK Cody, you went for the flyer at that time, but look what and who was around you. We can see and agree on review that this wasn't the % play, you spoiled the 2 most likely and hit the deck leaving them with a spare on their feet and they took it up the other end. Your challenge Cody, is to put that rush of blood in perspective in real time and go for the % play. In game assessment. Cool, calm assessment. We know that the opportunity for those plays you live for will present at some point and at some point it will be a % play. But not on this occasion. That's the challenge Cody, in game assessment, timing is everything.

He's 43 senior games into his career. It's a journey of self discovery, accumulated learnings and experience that hopefully culminate in a flag at some point.

I don't imagine that he will. Part of his evolution as a footballer will be to be more discerning, to pick his moments, to see the bigger picture.
I imagine that this is essentially part of the the coaching process.

In review, OK Cody, you went for the flyer at that time, but look what and who was around you. We can see and agree on review that this wasn't the % play, you spoiled the 2 most likely and hit the deck leaving them with a spare on their feet and they took it up the other end. Your challenge Cody, is to put that rush of blood in perspective in real time and go for the % play. In game assessment. Cool, calm assessment. We know that the opportunity for those plays you live for will present at some point and at some point it will be a % play. But not on this occasion. That's the challenge Cody, in game assessment, timing is everything.

He's 43 senior games into his career. It's a journey of self discovery, accumulated learnings and experience that hopefully culminate in a flag at some point.
Would have given it two likes if I could. One for the content, and the other for saying "he's".
Leading by example. :thumbsu:

my take on Rory Lobb

i like i like him alot
i like him more each week
i think he is building into the season
if he hits last years form
all our forwards will feast

(give him the ball 50m out.. he loves it)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back