Autopsy Dogs get the job done for Bonty's 200th

Remove this Banner Ad

Level 2 the better view and better facilities, but the atmosphere is shithouse. Everyone sits there and golf claps.

Level 1 in amongst the action and the vocal fans is the best experience at Marvel by far. For a stadium that sometimes makes it easy to hear a pin drop at times during games, you’ve gotta be sitting where the action is otherwise it’s a pretty s**t stadium in regards to atmosphere.
⛳️ settle CB , there are some lovely people on L2 1682831864162.png

⛳️ settle CB , there are some lovely people on L2 View attachment 1674510

Don’t worry, I was one of them too.

Nothing wrong with the supporters on Level 2, but for some reason not many feel comfortable getting up and making noise. The same goes for the G in the members on L2.

I’ve sat on all levels across many games, L1 is where it’s at. The kids prefer it too.

Each to their own though. Some may enjoy the quieter seats.

Level 3 was actually my favorite at one point in time. I always felt that with the stadiums size its pretty good viewing for almost anywhere.

Gets a lot of hate from non marvel tenants though.

Level 3 was actually my favorite at one point in time. I always felt that with the stadiums size its pretty good viewing for almost anywhere.

Gets a lot of hate from non marvel tenants though.

Level 3 behind the goals is the best spot to watch how the game plays out. The wide view wing to wing can’t be beaten.

Unfortunately it’s so barren up there, especially when the crowd numbers are low. It can be a sad place to sit.

Level 3 behind the goals is the best spot to watch how the game plays out. The wide view wing to wing can’t be beaten.

Unfortunately it’s so barren up there, especially when the crowd numbers are low. It can be a sad place to sit.
That’s where I sit for every game. Sure the atmosphere isn’t great but I love to watch the game from that viewpoint and analyse it a bit more. Not too mention you can pick whatever seat you like with no lines for food or drinks and the toilet.

That’s where I sit for every game. Sure the atmosphere isn’t great but I love to watch the game from that viewpoint and analyse it a bit more. Not too mention you can pick whatever seat you like with no lines for food or drinks and the toilet.
Level 3 behind the goals worked for me when my kids were little and ended up running around during most second halves. Now they are older and actually watch the game we love level 2. Good perspective but not too far from the game itself.

On the game, we were worried that we might have a little let down after the first 6 weeks. The concern was that after the first 6 tough weeks in the draw, there might have been a feeling that, ok, we got through that, it will be a little easier for the next few weeks. Of course, it’s never as simple as that. I felt that our intensity was a bit low in the first half, way too many broken tackles. Once we fixed that after half time we were never going to lose.

Happy to bank the win and move on

Hawks have always loved playing that rope a dope keeping’s off game against us even back to Clarko days.

Difference now is they are young and lack skill and when they became fatigued they turned it over horribly. No Hodge or Birchall or Sam Mitchell or Burgoyne etc etc anymore.

I get annoyed for JUH. He's almost taken some great contested grabs for Naughton to fly over the top.

Also JUH was burnt on the lead about 5 times for it to go on top of Naughton's head tonight. What happened to our ball movement from last week?
This 100%, we are a much more dangerous team when we lower our eyes. Jamara was burnt too many times as was Lobb

I don't understand how we can pay for Gold Reserve seats and be surrounded by mouthy, obnoxious Hawks supporters at our home game!?! Just about ruined the night for me. I'm going to write to the club and let them know that if I want to sit in the Hawthorn Cheer Squad I don't have to pay many hundreds a year per seat.

Other than that....brilliant to win for our captain.

This was every game near me last year. It was terrible. Swapped seats on L1 this year and it's been much better. But no doubt they sell those unreserved seats. So if you sit on the edge between reserved and unreserved, you have to suffer.

I was fortunate enough to sit right amongst the VFL and injured AFL players last night, as well as the Dogs staff. Was an unusual experience.

Any intel?!
Not really haha.

Lots of people asking Libba for photos. A mum got the players to sign their childrens guernseys but they only had a ball point pen on them, so the kids will likely be flat once mum throws the guernseys in the wash. The players were really relaxed all the way throughout - I was really surprised, outside of Artys goal where they all got up and clapped, I didn't even see a little fist bump or a clap when anything else happened throughout the game, admittedly I wasn't watching too closely but every now and then I'd peer over.

Oh and Darcy is ******* enormous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’ve been competitive vs north, Adelaide (in Tassie) and GWS. They’ve lost by 10 goals to Essendon, and 14 goals to both Sydney and Geelong. They’re terrible, and a lock for bottom three as well as favourites for the spoon.

A five goal win on our home deck in our captain’s 200th game is not a good look. I fear it is indicative of our position though.
Premiership isn't won in Round 7

Just quickly on Naughton

He is and therefore the side is so much more dangerous when he plays in front.

The opposition panic and he draws more frees and he looks more of a threat playing from in front.

Plus he is not jumping into JUH and co when he plays from behind.

This team does the bare minimum. It’s what they’ve become. It’s their signature.

They can’t maintain a consistent four quarter performance. And they don’t put teams away.

In contrast last night Melbourne and Carlton went above and beyond. They were ruthless.

We’re outside the 8 with a terrible percentage. I just can’t see this team competing for a flag when they can’t work hard week in and week out.

This team does the bare minimum. It’s what they’ve become. It’s their signature.

They can’t maintain a consistent four quarter performance. And they don’t put teams away.

In contrast last night Melbourne and Carlton went above and beyond. They were ruthless.

We’re outside the 8 with a terrible percentage. I just can’t see this team competing for a flag when they can’t work hard week in and week out.

Are you referring to our team this year? I agree with the overall tone but we are more than capable of a flat track blowout (see rd 11 last year, very similar to last night).

Weightman is a gun and I'm sure the coaches are talking to him but he just can't stop himself from jumping at the high ball. If a high ball comes in and the big dogs are there, just stay down and read the spillage.

This was every game near me last year. It was terrible. Swapped seats on L1 this year and it's been much better. But no doubt they sell those unreserved seats. So if you sit on the edge between reserved and unreserved, you have to suffer.
My whinge is all the opposition piss head, dickhead away fans standing behind the seats at level 1 and have paid 27 $ for a general admission ticket to the games at Marvel. Whilst doggie fans pay hundreds dollars to purchase a seat in the same for our games in the same area and have to put up with the the away fans like above during a game. It's BS

On CPH2305 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really happy for Arty Jones to get that goal monkey off his back. Love his energy.

Kind of a meh game. We did enough to win by 5 goals, more or less, so 4 points and a slight percentage boost...it's round 7...water flowing and bridges.

My allocated 'your allowed to be annoyed by one thing" this week comes courtesy of Bailey Smith and falling off tackles. I'm going to be patient with him as I too once had flowing blonde locks that looked great ahead of the ball. However, ffs Bailey, stick the tackles. You've got another 15 odd rounds to get this right or we're going to be spectators again.

As always…

Expected Score / Actual Score
WB: 81 / 94
HW: 62 / 65

Expected Margin / Actual Margin: +19 / +29

Centre Bounce Attendance (27 total)
24 - Bontempelli
23 - English
21 - Treloar
13 - Macrae
12 - Daniel
11 - B. Smith
4 - Lobb

Ruck Contests (Hitouts / To Advantage / Sharked)
80 - English (30 / 9 / 9)
16 - Lobb (6 / 1 / 1)
5 - Naughton (1 / 0 / 0)

Hitouts To Advantage
WB: 10
HW: 16

English v Reeves (64 contests)
Hitouts: 22 / 34
To Advantage: 6 / 12
Clearances: 19 / 29
Score: 4.1 (25) / 2.4 (16)

English v Ramsden (16 contests)
Hitouts: 8 / 6
To Advantage: 3 / 1
Clearances: 5 / 5
Score: 0.1 (1) / 1.0 (6)

Lobb v Reeves (10 contests)
Hitouts: 3 / 6
To Advantage: 0 / 1
Clearances: 6 / 2
Score: 1.1 (7) / 0.0 (0)

First Possessions
WB: 36

HW: 45

Clearances / Effective Clearances
WB: 36 / 26
HW: 38 / 22

Tackle Efficiency
WB: 61%
HW: 67%

Smothers
WB: 10

HW: 7

Forward Half Kicking Efficiency
WB: 60%
HW: 49%

Defensive Half Kicking Efficiency
WB: 75%
HW: 71%

Forward Half Contested Marks
WB: 3
HW: 4

Defensive Half Contested Marks
WB: 2
HW: 4

Score Launches
3 - Daniel, English
2 - Bontempelli, Johannisen, Keath, McNeil
1 - Dale, A. Jones, Macrae, Naughton, Richards, B. Smith, Treloar, Williams

Targets Inside 50

21 - No target/rushed
9 - Naughton
6 - Lobb
5 - Weightman
3 - English, A. Jones
2 - Bontempelli, Ugle-Hagen
1 - B. Smith

Inside 50 Retention
WB: 50%
HW: 60%

Shots At Goal
WB: 25 (56%)
HW: 21 (43%)

Scoring Profile (Western Bulldogs / Hawthorn)
Set Shot: 11.6 / 5.6
Snap: 1.1 / 2.2
On Run: 1.3 / 2.1
Mark Play On: 1.0 / 0.0
Ground Kick: 0.0 / 0.0

0M-15M: 2.0 / 1.0
15M-30M: 4.0 / 1.5
31M-40M: 3.3 / 2.2
41M-50M: 3.4. / 4.1
51M+: 2.3 / 1.1

Scores Directly From FK/50MP: 3.1 / 1.0
Scores In Time-On: 7.2 / 3.6
Scores Sourced From D50: 2.1 / 2.1

Score Assists
5 - Bontempelli
2 - Baker, Treloar
1 - Dale, English, A. Jones, Lobb, Naughton, Richards, Scott, B. Smith Weightman, Williams

Defensive 50 Marks
WB: 30
HW: 33

Defensive 50 Intercept Marks
WB: 5

HW: 3

Defensive Half Turnovers
WB: 19
HW: 24

Forward Half Turnovers
WB: 42

HW: 40

Unforced Turnovers
WB: 19
HW: 15

Unforced Turnovers By Player
4 - Dale
2 - English, Macrae, Richards
1 - Baker, Daniel, Johannisen, A. Jones, Keath, Lobb, O’Brien, Scott, Weightman

Dropped Marks (Uncontested Only)
WB: 4

HW: 3

Turnovers Punished By Goals
2 - Dale
1 - Keath, Macrae, Ugle-Hagen, Williams

Champion Data Ranking Points (Supercoach)
122 - Bontempelli
115 - Daniel
113 - Naughton
103 - B. Smith
102 - Johannisen
96 - Macrae
96 - Treloar
90 - O’Brien
90 - English
89 - Williams
81 - Ricards
80 - Dale
69 - Baker
66 - Keath
58 - Scott
54 - L. Jones
54 - Duryea
51 - McNeil
50 - Ugle-Hagen
42 - A. Jones
22 - Weightman
0 - McLean

AFL Player Rating Points
16.0 - Johannisen
15.0 - Treloar
15.0 - Naughton
14.7 - Bontempelli
13.5 - Macrae
13.1 - Lobb
12.1 - Ugle-Hagen
11.6 - Richards
11.4 - Dale
10.6 - B. Smith
8.7 - Baker
8.1 - O’Brien
7.8 - Keath
7.7 - Scott
6.8 - Williams
6.7 - Daniel
5.7 - English
4.8 - L. Jones
3.3 - A. Jones
2.3 - Duryea
2.1 - Weightman
0.7 - McNeil
0.0 - McLean

Time In Forward Half
Q1

HW: 50%

Q2
WB: 45%
HW: 55%

Q3
HW: 50%

Q4
WB: 61%
HW: 39%

Match
WB: 52%
HW: 48%

Pressure Gauge
Q1

WB: 177 (Below Average)
HW: 181 (Average)

Q2
WB: 173 (Below Average)
HW: 172 (Below Average)

Q3
WB: 184 (Average)
HW: 175 (Below Average)

Q4
WB: 158 (Poor)
HW: 156 (Poor)

Match
WB: 174 (Below Average)
HW: 171 (Below Average)

Pressure Points Per Player
72 - Macrae
58 - A. Jones
53 - Bontempelli
53 - Daniel
45 - B. Smith
45 - Treloar
37 - English
34 - Lobb
32 - McNeil
27 - Duryea
22 - Scott
21 - Williams
20 - O’Brien
19 - Weightman
17 - Ugle-Hagen
14 - Baker
14 - Naughton
12 - Dale
12 - Johannien
10 - Keath
8 - Richards
7 - L. Jones

Free Kick Summary
View attachment 1673882

Score Sources
View attachment 1673884
nice pressure from Arty.

watching live, Keath is cooked. Lobb has no idea, but will be handy for a couple of years regardless.

I'm far from a Lobb fan but he is a definite upgrade to Cordy and Bruce who were forced to slot in to that role. Lobb playing forward also gives Bont more time in the midfield. He is the greatest player but realistically we didn't give up too much for him. He's starting to play a role that is needed in our team and to a decent level.

My biggest positive this year is that bevo and the mc seem to be picking the best team to give us a chance to win each week rather than always picking his favourites. Been my biggest gripe for years. I've been pleasantly surprised most weeks at selection this year.

My biggest positive this year is that bevo and the mc seem to be picking the best team to give us a chance to win each week rather than always picking his favourites. Been my biggest gripe for years. I've been pleasantly surprised most weeks at selection this year.

Agreed. This has also been my biggest gripe and over the past few weeks we've actually started picking lineups that make sense where role players can actually play roles, rather than picking 15 midfielders and hoping it will sort itself out.

Aisle 22.5 on level 3 is where it all happens!!! DDDIIICCCCKKKOOO!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back