Opinion Don Pyke general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You're not serious are you?

If he's so easy to coach against, surely with our "dud" list, everyone should be wiping the floor with us...... right?

Oh wait, we're top.....

Who said we had a dud list?

As soon as you're forced to put words in the other sides mouth to make your point you've already lost the argument.

Who said we had a dud list?

As soon as you're forced to put words in the other sides mouth to make your point you've already lost the argument.

Well no-one believed our organic growth would be any good.... dud may have been an over exaggeration, but not many rated us preseason.... I know I'm about to get a carton for a preseason bet with a mate who said we wouldn't make top 4 and I was adamant we would.....so we bet and it looks likely i'll collect on that

Pre season many had us tipped in the 5-8 range. Don has done great this year minus the odd occasional faults that seem to be getting rectified. And again, if he was so easy to coach against, why have the other top 8 teams struggled against us?

Our losses are to:

NM (outside 8)
Melbourne (In the 8 on %)
Geelong (top 2)
Hawks (outside 8)

Well no-one believed our organic growth would be any good.... dud may have been an over exaggeration, but not many rated us preseason.... I know I'm about to get a carton for a preseason bet with a mate who said we wouldn't make top 4 and I was adamant we would.....so we bet and it looks likely i'll collect on that

Pre season many had us tipped in the 5-8 range. Don has done great this year minus the odd occasional faults that seem to be getting rectified. And again, if he was so easy to coach against, why have the other top 8 teams struggled against us?

Our losses are to:

NM (outside 8)
Melbourne (In the 8 on %)
Geelong (top 2)
Hawks (outside 8)

So your argument is just that the other coaches don't know what the * they're talking about?

The danger is we become a campaigner team like Geelong, who think they are too good to rock up against lower teams
Very prescient, considering how the team turned up against Collingwood the week after.
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-03/coaches-survey-giants-still-team-to-beat

Top of the table and only 2 coaches think we are most likely premiers.

Meanwhile other coaches clearly consider pyke one of the easiest coaches to coach against.

Don is s**t
Too far. That survey is not worth the paper it's printed on/the pixels that depict it on a screen.

Very prescient, considering how the team turned up against Collingwood the week after.

Too far. That survey is not worth the paper it's printed on/the pixels that depict it on a screen.

Well since you say so it must be true!

So your argument is just that the other coaches don't know what the **** they're talking about?
Hinks is tied for the hardest coach to go up against according to that survey.

It doesn't mean much. Would have been better if each coach had listed their top 5 hardest coach to go up against.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Well since you say so it must be true!
Look at the results and try to come up with your own analysis. Are you really going to use this table as part of your decision making when it has Kenneth Hinkley tied as the hardest person to coach against?

You can say yes.

Look at the results and try to come up with your own analysis. Are you really going to use this table as part of your decision making when it has Kenneth Hinkley tied as the hardest person to coach against?

You can say yes.

yes.

Hinkley is the one that HAS taken a team of spuds and got them playing ok football.

Seriously, look at their list. They've got talent in the top 10 and then NOTHING.

Many of Ports best 22 wouldn't get a game at Brisbane or Carlton.

yes.

Hinkley is the one that HAS taken a team of spuds and got them playing ok football.

Seriously, look at their list. They've got talent in the top 10 and then NOTHING.

Many of Ports best 22 wouldn't get a game at Brisbane or Carlton.
You think Hinkley is a better coach than Pyke?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think Hinkley is a better coach than Pyke?

I put them mostly on par. Both coach solid plan As but have shown they really struggle adapting on game day. Pyke has edged ahead on the adaption front so is slightly ahead of Hinkley

I put them mostly on par. Both coach solid plan As but have shown they really struggle adapting on game day. Pyke has edged ahead on the adaption front so is slightly ahead of Hinkley
Nah come on, use some conviction. Don't just 180 when you're asked point blank. You said yourself you put stock in the coach's votes so the implication was there, right?

Nah come on, use some conviction. Don't just 180 when you're asked point blank. You said yourself you put stock in the coach's votes so the implication was there, right?
if I was the coach I would probably forward the survey to my PA and tell them to fill it out and email back ..?

You missed a bit: "Ladder-leader Adelaide and South Australian rival Port Adelaide (two votes each) were the only other clubs to draw multiple votes."
Wouldn't read too much into this. The giants is an easy answer as they know they will s**t the bed in finals. Victorian coaches don't want us winning. It would be their worst nightmare. In saying that Don is too slow in the box to make structural changes and needs another analyst who reads the game extremely well to help him.

Wouldn't read too much into this. The giants is an easy answer as they know they will s**t the bed in finals. Victorian coaches don't want us winning. It would be their worst nightmare. In saying that Don is too slow in the box to make structural changes and needs another analyst who reads the game extremely well to help him.
Don't think the problem is Don not reading the game, just wanting us to always work through whatever the opposition throws at us.

Pyke has done remarkably well, if taken into context he's been head-coach for only 2 years with the Crows. I'd say we should all settle down and see how the team performs during Finals to get an idea of the genuine improvements there are. As it stands, he's ticking all the right boxes in terms of increasing winning ratio from year to year. No matter which way you look at it, we can't really ask anymore of Pyke if you look at where the team was when he took over the reigns (Phil Walsh tragedy, then Danger leaving).

So your argument is just that the other coaches don't know what the **** they're talking about?
I think the better way to view it is that the article and the polling of the coaches was nothing more than a bit of fun. Makes a bit of fun reading, throws up a few questions. Creates a bit of a diversion when there isn't a lot of other news. At the end of the day there was no in depth analysis done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back