loyallion

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 22, 2005
Somewhere.......
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Indianapolis Colts Detroit Lions
I just read that Dreamteam will now be giving out $500 to the weekly highest scorer...:mad: Yeh it used to be $1000:confused: I mean if anything I was excepting the amount to go up and NOT halfed I mean what will $500 get you these days???:eek:

Just so annoyed right now i mean what is $1000 to Toyota anyway. Well it used to be I'm pretty sure??? ( Maybe I'm thinking of Supercoach) At least I play for the fun of it I'd be mighty disappointed if I was playing for the "weekly prize"

Re: Dreamteam Greedy much???

I just read and thought the same thing. It does seem to be the height of tightness. These things are not just decided off cuff. Some people in a marketing/sponsorship department at toyota must have had a meeting with with the relevent people from the afl and virtual sports and negotiated this sneeze of a prize. $500 for finishing top for the week out of 3 to 4 hundred thousand people is a bit pathetic. Either have a prize or don't bother.

Maybe the 300,000 people who enter could chuck in 0.00166666667 cents at the start of the year and the weekly prize could go back to being $1000.

Re: Dreamteam Greedy much???

I'm not real fazed tbh and i think it's a case of us being spoilt for the previous years....I mean IIRC the EPL fantasy which has a much larger cash injection possibly isnt as high as this....Might be wrong.

It's pretty tough times out in the real world and alot of companies are aware of the finnancial situation around them....I know Toyota is a big company and all that but for gods sake this is just a fantasy game. I know alot of us would still play for zip.

Couldnt care less tbh!

Wow, you are playing a FREE game, and complain that one of the prizes you could win are only $500 ??? not to mention, all the other prizes you can win. And the car. I think its a bit harsh on Toyota, without them there wouldnt be a dream team.

Not to mention maybe they want to cut down on people making teams every different week to try and get the highest score that round (like people did with the triple bye round last year). That would be so much easier in this years 3 bye week rounds. Its the prize that can be the most unfairly advantaged.

1) was 500 last year
2) your unlikely to win the weekly
3) you wont win the weekly :D
4) In tough times people go without and that means not buying cars or upgrading cars, so any car company needs to keep realistic and think of themselves during this time and when giving money away for 300 000 to play for free than thats very good of them or anyone.
5) I dont care how much money i win in a weekly, if i win a weekly im bloody over the moon no matter what
6) Im just so happy to see the game being free every year, that makes me happy enough
7) You wont win hahaha :)

Few years back I think the weekly prize was a guernsey signed by your team plus meet & greet with club captain? Would take that over $500

Few years back I think the weekly prize was a guernsey signed by your team plus meet & greet with club captain? Would take that over $500

I would in a heartbeat like I said before you can't get much for $500 or even $1000 these days.

Meh like I said before If I played DT soley to win the top prize I'd very disappointed I mean I've finished 2nd and 3rd in the weekly scores before But still I love the game regardless of what the prize is.

I just found it to be abit of an insult to be offering that type of prize money I mean its a bloody good result to beat 400,000 odd people. BTW the game itself might be free but me and I'm thousands of others will be buying the Assistant coach package this year.

Yeah they knocked it down to 500 a year or two ago. they have a lot of money in the school comps (too bad the school gets the better price then the student if the student does well (I got a footy while the school got $500! :( )) now which is probably why some of the other prices have been reduced.

I was hoping for a league price which sportsbet DT offered last year but not the case, hopefully we see it in the future though.

And they have started ripping us off $20 bucks a year for DT Gold or whatever it is, you would think with all the money they make from that they could up it to $1500 at least tight asses, SC prizes are way better.
Haha I wish although you have to consider that not everyone brought DT Gold (not sure how many they would have had invest in that) but they would then have to put that back into the people doing the extra work to make DT Gold a worthwhile thing for people to spend their money on.

And they have started ripping us off $20 bucks a year for DT Gold or whatever it is, you would think with all the money they make from that they could up it to $1500 at least tight asses, SC prizes are way better.

I agree... supercoach prizes are way better.
I do prefer the dreamteam scoring set up in comparison to the sometimes controversial supercoach scoring, but the prizes in dreamteam have been poor in comparison to supercoach the last few years.

Regardless of whether the competition is free or not the prizes on offer are absolutely ridiculously low compared to the level of participants.

Seriously, a car for first prize and a weekly prize of $500? I assume the AFL must have a long contract with Toyota or surely they would shop around.

300k teams, the vast majority from one easily targetable demographic, a marketers dream really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was them i'd double the weekly prizes for people that purchased DT Golf. I reckon that could encourage a few extra people to buy it and end up making them more money.
Very surprised they didn't allow people to buy DT Gold at the end of the season so they could view all the new positions/prices and make teams then as they would have got a lot signing up who didn't bother to beforehand.

legal issues I believe
That would make a bit more sense. I'm guessing it would have something to do with it been a 12 month subscription sort of thing and people signing up when it's just about over?

Too bad they couldn't just release this separately from the gold thing so those that didn't sign up still have a chance to do so.

Something to keep in mind for next year I guess...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back