Recommitted Dustin Martin [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His father ain't getting back in.... why would the Richmond football club support a OMCG member. It's a very poor reflection on the club.

He has not been a member for a number of years and runs a legitimate and successful freight business in Australia.

Him returning to Australia is not something Richmond are going to come out and announce a press conference on to tell the world they have had his deportation overturned.. But they are actively involved in doing whatever they can to look after Dustin's welfare in regards to his family situation.

He will not leave Richmond.

If he does, I'll run naked down punt road until I'm arrested.. I know Dustin from a social circle, not from watching him in the grandstands.

1. Cool, doesn't bother me, nature of the list management contract stuff these days.
2. I think Kelly taking a lower contract at St Kilda and Martin going to Hawthorn are unlikely like you've said, but our player retention has been good, our playing group culture is solid, and we've done pretty well with bringing in FA's since it's inception. From a list POV would be a bit disappointing but would move on pretty quickly, rather the club be aggressive, stay in footy purgatory. Martin going to Hawthorn would be more surprising than disappointing, really can't see that one coming off. With the family pull of Kelly, it would be disappointing, unless there is a vastly improved offer from St Kilda, I don't see how they get him either.
3. :p
Don't worry about the Doomsday scenario.
Mate of mine who is in a Coterie at Richmond was told the day that they lost to Freo that the deal Martin has in front of him has ben agreed to and he will 100% be lining up for North next year. He had the same mail about Prestia around the same time last year, so the source is spot on. Congratulations on a fantastic get for your club.

He has not been a member for a number of years and runs a legitimate and successful freight business in Australia.

Him returning to Australia is not something Richmond are going to come out and announce a press conference on to tell the world they have had his deportation overturned.. But they are actively involved in doing whatever they can to look after Dustin's welfare in regards to his family situation.

If he does, I'll run naked down punt road until I'm arrested.. I know Dustin from a social circle, not from watching him in the grandstands.

Very interesting avatar then.

Lol.

I know Martins very good mate who is an ex AFL player and Martin would only leave Richmond if he was delisted or his Father told him to.

Say hi to Jake for me.:thumbsu:

Good bloke, but he wouldn't really have a clue.

Richmond are very actively involved behind the scenes in arranging his Father to be allowed back to Australia and based on how things are going, He should be back by Christmas.

Yeah, and this is some special amazing service that only the RFC could supply?

Martin's father is a very powerful figure in Dustin's decision making and loyalty is a very core belief of Shane Martin which comes from his time as President of a motorcycle club.

Richmond will retain Martin.

Dustin's old man would also tell you that loyalty is a two way street.

Dustin would have re-signed half way through last year when a contract extension was put in front of him, if blind loyalty is the defining basis for his choices.

You don't low ball a "brother"!!!!!!!!!

This is not loyalty!!!!!!

Lol.

I know Martins very good mate who is an ex AFL player and Martin would only leave Richmond if he was delisted or his Father told him to.

Richmond are very actively involved behind the scenes in arranging his Father to be allowed back to Australia and based on how things are going, He should be back by Christmas.

Martin's father is a very powerful figure in Dustin's decision making and loyalty is a very core belief of Shane Martin which comes from his time as President of a motorcycle club.

Richmond will retain Martin.

Pretty sure his father's advice is to take the best deal he can because his footy career is relatively short.

Why wouldn't he sign with Richmond now? His value isn't going to get any higher, every club knows how good he is.

I'd be very surprised if the bombers could fit Dusty in their cap with Daniher and Parish OOC this year and the recent re-signings of Heppell/Hurley/Hooker on big money.

This is irrelevant as last time Dusty & his agent undertook "shenanigans" there were no takers.

Also, you, and other tigers fans, can't separate Dustin from these "shenanigans". He is the one that has the ultimate control over his manager.

"The disgraceful handling of troubled young footballer Dustin Martin reached a new low point on Thursday when the bewildered-looking 22-year-old was led around a football club he didn't really want to join….

….And yet Carr continued to claim all year there were offers aplenty for Martin. Richmond called his bluff in what appeared a risky but ultimately necessary stand. It seems true that Martin was being shopped around by his manager Carr because of an undertaking given to Martin's father and yet no offer has yet been tabled. Martin appears to have begun to lose his way late in the season when his management attempted to bring the contract issues to a head on the day Richmond lost to Carlton in round 20.

When asked by the Giants about whom he looked to for advice and mentoring, Martin, in front of Carr, put forward the Richmond Football Club and key individuals within that organisation. How embarrassed Carr must have felt."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/martin-wants-to-stay-a-tiger-20130920-2u42p.html

Seems like a bit of history repeating wouldn't you say?

Richmond influencing immigration department are they?

Please tell me you don't actually believe that.

was she wrong?:drunk:

He stayed. That is about as correct as I am prepared to give her.

Her rationale, as usual, is always open for speculation and regularly fails the test.

Christ, on our board we have got an entire thread dedicated to her aimless distorted incorrect drivel about the Gold Coast relocation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He stayed. That is about as correct as I am prepared to give her.

Her rationale, as usual, is always open for speculation and regularly fails the test.

She is very reliable when it comes to Richmond info for obvious reasons.

And you're argument about no one wanting him last time? Why would GWS give him a tour if they didn't want him? So you're wrong about that.

In fact I think North chasing him is a good thing. It means he'll stay at his original club just like every other young star you chase. Call it the "Norf effect"

She is very reliable when it comes to Richmond info for obvious reasons.

You would. However, good posters scroll right past her crap.

And you're argument about no one wanting him last time? Why would GWS give him a tour if they didn't want him? So you're wrong about that.

They wanted him, but they wouldn't pony up.

In fact I think North chasing him is a good thing. It means he'll stay at his original club just like every other young star you chase. Call it the "Norf effect"

It means that you're going to be paying $3-$500K p.a. above your low ball initial offer. Good luck fitting Schache in to your cap now.

It means that you're going to be paying $3-$500K p.a. above your low ball initial offer. Good luck fitting Schache in to your cap now.

Oh no! where will we find the extra 3-500k when we take Lids and Yarran off our books at the end of the year? Not to mention all the spuds we need to delist and the cap going up by 20%

Deary me! whatever will we do!

:rolleyes:

Lol,this forum just should be called lets troll Richmond.

Change big footy to this,might as well.
People thinking he'll leave Richmond because he's put off contract talks, or being amused at fantastical stories involving a deported bikie is hardly trolling. If you want to believe that Martin considers himself honour-bound to Richmond then that's up to you. But we're not trolls just because we don't believe that.

lol if this actually happened would be on the front page of every tabloid in the country.

Why wouldn't he sign with Richmond now? His value isn't going to get any higher, every club knows how good he is.

I'd be very surprised if the bombers could fit Dusty in their cap with Daniher and Parish OOC this year and the recent re-signings of Heppell/Hurley/Hooker on big money.
I'd imagine we would still have a fair bit left in the cap due to Jobe and Goddard having expiring contracts. Both were on very decent wickets.
I don't think the club will throw it all at Dusty though so I'd be very surprised if he got to us. Will stay at Richmond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back