Prediction EARLY & BOLD Predictions for Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong are cooked as hell. They’ll make finals but get destroyed in finals

Kelly Ain't that good. Dangerfield and selwood can't be left to run free. Many team Can't handle The loss of drive from playing a tag, Let alone two Tags. There is to many teams In this league, most teams lack Depth in the midfield. Kelly, right place right time.

Geelong still got gun 6 foot brogade.alot of experience, Smart and versatile solid forwards. Now a genuine rotation to rest ruckman .

Kelly Ain't that good. Dangerfield and selwood can't be left to run free. Many team Can't handle The loss of drive from playing a tag, Let alone two Tags. There is to many teams In this league, most teams lack Depth in the midfield. Kelly, right place right time.

Geelong still got gun 6 foot brogade.alot of experience, Smart and versatile solid forwards. Now a genuine rotation to rest ruckman .

Lets not forget they went deep into September ie Top 4. Which automatically means a very tough draw in 2020.

If they play the Tigers, Eagles, GWS and Pies for 8 games, they will struggle to win more than 2 of these games.

I Predict that the Victorian media circle jerk will whip themselves into a frenzy over our dive to the bottom next season.
It’s done, it’s in stone so don’t bother turning up to AO all you poor Crows fans. Rebuild rebuild rebuild and be prepared to take it up the ..........you know where.

My Bold prediction ..........Nicks may actually communicate!
Not sure how the players will react to that. It may take some getting used to but conversations may actually start up.
This could spread to the upper echelons. To the board even. Perhaps the supporters might be encouraged to ask questions and contribute. Vote maybe!...haha...nah just kidding.

Lead the Rising Star Nominations ie 5 debutants nominated

3 players make AA

1 Player to finish inside the top 5 Brownlow voting

Would love to know which kids in the squad are still eligible for RS in 2020.

I know Fog was still eligible in 2019 and the masterstroke by our selection committee ensured he wouldnt win it or at least try to win it. IIRC I dont even think Fog got a nomination despite his heroics v Eagles in Perth.

Good run with injuries, we will finish 8-12. Bad run with injuries and it’s bottom 4.

We will play a tagger and it will work.

Would love to know which kids in the squad are still eligible for RS in 2020.

I know Fog was still eligible in 2019 and the masterstroke by our selection committee ensured he wouldnt win it or at least try to win it. IIRC I dont even think Fog got a nomination despite his heroics v Eagles in Perth.
All of last year's draftees will be eligible (provided they keep their noses clean) - Jones has had 8 senior games - even MacPherson will be eligible.

To be eligible for the AFL Rising Star Award, each year's nominated players must be under the age of 21 at 1 January and have played no more than 10 AFL games to the start of that season.
They must not have been suspended by the AFL or State League tribunals during the season (as with the Brownlow Medal, players found guilty of certain offences and fined or reprimanded by the Tribunal remain eligible to win the award).

IMO it really should be only eligible for players in the year in which they debut and play in the AFL.

I think there is too much of an advantage a player has in being in the AFL system for a preseason or two compared to a kid fresh out of school.

If somehow we can pick a couple of players like PA did in last years draft, I believe we are still a good chance next year. Maybe finals.

If somehow we can pick a couple of players like PA did in last years draft, I believe we are still a good chance next year. Maybe finals.

Port had 3 picks inside the first 18 picks. We only have one at this stage. Getting elite young talent that can play straight away with at least two of our picks is going to be tricky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beat port in the GF by 120 points, Im prepared to get it wrong, is that what the OP wants ridiculous predictions
The OP probably wanted some sort of interaction and was getting a convo started other than trades etc.
Here you came pretty vigorously quick, lol, and shat on it in the way that you like.
Youre just a miserable campaigner that should bypass these rather than leave a stinky taint. * you.

I think winning a Brownlow vote is actually a trigger in his contract for that 4 year extension automatically. Probably means we have to push Fog out due to cap pressure.

Crows should have just said we will trigger youre next contract if you get a brownlow vote.

The OP probably wanted some sort of interaction and was getting a convo started other than trades etc.
Here you came pretty vigorously quick, lol, and shat on it in the way that you like.
Youre just a miserable campaigner that should bypass these rather than leave a stinky taint. fu** you.

come on if youre going to have a prediction thread keep it real

Like the main board where they want ladder finishes on your thoughts most have us at 17th I would say 14th or 15th

At least its realistic, not some airy fairy bold prediction

Nicks does the opposite.

Favours youth over plodders with little upside (dmac plays reserves ALL year)

Plans for the opposition

Tries new players through the guts

Several new players emerge

We have a good run with injury and are the surprise packet of 2020.

Then in the lead up to our elimination final vs Geelong, details about what went down over the last two years come out, causing a massive distraction to our finals campaign.

But we win!

Then lose the following week.

one of the Crouches finishes top-two in the Brownlow count

Tex and Fog combine for 90+ goals and 5+ weeks suspended

1. ROB Chapman to resign early in shame.
2. Ben Hart to return to radio.
3. Crows .match committee to back in youth.
4. Nicks to make a big difference to club morale.
5. Haas to be shipped out
6. Club to win between 8 and 12 games
7. Club to continue to move on older players freeing up even more cap and subsequently make major plays for Grundy, Rankine and Luko end of 2020.
8. Crows to be major players at the trade next year.
9. B Crouch to leave end of 2020. Likely either Geelong, Hawks, Essendon, Carlton or Richmond.
10. Doedee to be captain for season 2021.
11. Afl to have a night grand final.

Here’s my plausible horror story for you all:

• Milera, Smith and Seedsman: The issue of trying to fit three good players into two spots becomes problematic.
  • Displaying all theif man-management skill. The AFC staff, most of who are retained from 2019, tries to solve this by freezing one of the three out of the side.
  • This backfires late in the season when one of the two chosen ones suffers a long term injury causing them to miss most/all of 2021.
  • The slighted third player does not remain at Adelaide for the following season
  • David Mackay signs another new one year deal as emergency cover.

Here’s my plausible horror story for you all:

• Milera, Smith and Seedsman: The issue of trying to fit three good players into two spots becomes problematic.
  • Displaying all theif man-management skill. The AFC staff, most of who are retained from 2019, tries to solve this by freezing one of the three out of the side.
  • This backfires late in the season when one of the two chosen ones suffers a long term injury causing them to miss most/all of 2021.
  • The slighted third player does not remain at Adelaide for the following season
  • David Mackay signs another new one year deal as emergency cover.

That is very doomsday but easily solved by the omissions of Atkins and Mackay

10 Predictions for the year 2020

1. Knight re signs with the club and Nicks turns him into a tagger. Riley moves in with Rory Sloane in a bold move to teach him to try and “beat” a tag.
2. Betts returns to the Adelaide Oval in Round 2, Kicks another Goal of the Year contender and crows fans start to cry before realising it was his only touch for the night.
3. In the same game Ned McHenry announces himself to the AFL world with a NAB rising star nomination performance and then proceeds to be best on ground in Hindley Street later that night.
4. The AFL request Adelaide move Fogarty to the backlines after they start running out of balls kicked out of the stadium through the goals.
5. Port boo Frampton all night in the first showdown as he kicks 7 to win the showdown medal, then proceeds to thank Port for trading him to a real club.
6. In a bold move Hartigan is pushed forward but still manages to turn the ball over while kicking for goal.
7. Atkins lays a tackle, a hard ball get and a contested possession in the same game.
8. MacKay retires after round 3 when he realises he is no longer the coaches pet.
9. Adelaide scrap into the finals and play Geelong in Geelong in the Elimination Final. Both Dangerfield and Jenkins miss goals in the last seconds of the game and we get home by 1 point.
10. 2021 memberships to include knitting needles, rugs and apricot slice recipes after the Thermos is a big hit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back