Official Team Thread East Side Hawks :: Season 31 :: Festival of the Biggie! Headliner: por_please_ya!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there should be a fantasy competition within the Sweet FA so we can work out our desires for new team names/identities without making real change.

This is why I propose the Marlowe Super League. A league for the Koalas. For the Vampires. For the Serpents. For the Vipers. For the Tangerines and the Tittybong Thunder. For that team TiF has, the Shitgibbons? A league for the Phoenix (or I guess the Hawks now).

View attachment 1186006
Supersuns FFC is IN

The whole rebrand came about as a result of a desire to remove any latent link to the AFL Hawks.

We play on the East Side and keeping it was a non-negotiable.
If the whole idea was to move away from a link to the AFL Hawks, why would you even consider changing the East Side part? This whole post is a crock of s**t. There was barely ever a link to the Hawthorn Hawks, the colours, the designs, hell, the home guernsey has never featured more than two vertical stripes on it.

Just admit that you wanted to put your own spin on a team, and consulted a bunch of yes men to make it seem like everyone was on board with it.

If the whole idea was to move away from a link to the AFL Hawks, why would you even consider changing the East Side part? This whole post is a crock of sh*t. There was barely ever a link to the Hawthorn Hawks, the colours, the designs, hell, the home guernsey has never featured more than two vertical stripes on it.

Just admit that you wanted to put your own spin on a team, and consulted a bunch of yes men to make it seem like everyone was on board with it.
The rebrand wasn't even his idea mate.

If the whole idea was to move away from a link to the AFL Hawks, why would you even consider changing the East Side part? This whole post is a crock of sh*t. There was barely ever a link to the Hawthorn Hawks, the colours, the designs, hell, the home guernsey has never featured more than two vertical stripes on it.

As I said to a former Hawk player last week, I spent seasons there and never once as captain, nor prior, did I even consider there was a tenuous link to the Hawthorn Hawks. It certainly never came up while recruiting. I thought it was clear as day the team started as a West Coast side.

In fact, if I felt like I was struggling to recruit I would probably lean into the support of a footy club that is in the top 6 as far as members, coming off the greatest modern age dynasty. Needless to say, it was very surprising to me.

As I said to a former Hawk player last week, I spent seasons there and never once as captain, nor prior, did I even consider there was a tenuous link to the Hawthorn Hawks. It certainly never came up while recruiting. I thought it was clear as day the team started as a West Coast side.

In fact, if I felt like I was struggling to recruit I would probably lean into the support of a footy club that is in the top 6 as far as members, coming off the greatest modern age dynasty. Needless to say, it was very surprising to me.
As a 25 year Hawthorn member and a 18 season vet in this league, I never once assumed the two were linked.

Now, I assumed they were a St. Kilda linked club because of the premiership drought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back