Official Team Thread East Side Phoenix :: Season 33 :: We Rise Again #riseup

Remove this Banner Ad

Relax Ding, it's a festival. Don't waste yourself on day one and spend the rest of the weekend in a tent with a hangover.
Ding doesn't do tents.
Allow me. Since S25 East Side QC have used a play ratings metric in a bid to not give the best in sim each season to a midfielder. Notably last season's winner was the team's CHB, eth-dog. Congratulations on your win mate.

The metric ranks each player's game based on the positions they played in with points awarded for useful stats in that position, as well as the number of goals conceded, whether or not you beat your opponent, and goal shooting accuracy.
This is very cool. Stay one more season. There's no way Chipmunk could operate such complicated machinery.

Allow me. Since S25 East Side QC have used a play ratings metric in a bid to not give the best in sim each season to a midfielder. Notably last season's winner was the team's CHB, eth-dog. Congratulations on your win mate.

The metric ranks each player's game based on the positions they played in with points awarded for useful stats in that position, as well as the number of goals conceded, whether or not you beat your opponent, and goal shooting accuracy.
Stop reminding me that I failed in my B2B2B bid...

Three answer:

Of course not. It's a multi-day festival.

Nothing, you took yourself out of the running before the season even started. In the words of McBad: You've got no-one to blame but yourself.

Aww gee, now this is getting awkward.
Thanks Agent for getting in touch so promptly.

So now can I have someone in a position of authority provide me with a reply?

Thanks Agent for getting in touch so promptly.

So now can I have someone in a position of authority provide me with a reply?

Despite using your moniker to take a Proper Gander at the wonders of our festival, I can confirm you only just missed out. Plenty still to do though, I’d recommend the yiros food truck or the live bands playing in the north east corner of the festival.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations thewizardmelon on your ascension to co-captaincy! And also to all the other winners.

Now for the real question. Where will the Phoenix fall on the toast spectrum in S34?

Did I hear a J5? Mostly cooked but glimpses of hope at the bottom end?

1658193733602.png

Congratulations thewizardmelon on your ascension to co-captaincy! And also to all the other winners.

Now for the real question. Where will the Phoenix fall on the toast spectrum in S34?

Did I hear a J5? Mostly cooked but glimpses of hope at the bottom end?

View attachment 1450326

Hoping to aspire for that g2/h2 area - well prepared, great visual appearance and spread evenly across the board

east-side-media-png.1436297

THE FESTIVAL OF THE BIGGIE

Will be continuing tonight!
Day 2

Welcome to Day 2 of the Biggie-est festival and the point business end of these shenanigans. I heard that Kilroy Strigoi Wosh some people unfortunately went too hard too early on Day 1 and may not make an appearance tonight. Others, like Grand Uncle Horace simply can't be out two nights in a row or the Sweet Nursing Home would be very concerned.

east-side-media-png.1436297

First off this evening, time to introduce another member of our top 5 for the larrikin award. It's one of our favourite SA residents, MP!

7D1B9F91-02EA-427E-94E2-8B609F01B377.jpeg
We spoke with Dingster to get some thoughts on one of the season's most likeable and consistent posters, and his general post-mortem of East Side's efforts in S33.

1. What has been your view of the season for the Phoenix?
On the field the Phoenix obviously had a fantastic season winning two finals to make the granny. The starts were often the key adopting a catch us if you can attitude. MWPP and I have clearly been brought in to take the three quarter time team address and no Chippy we WILL NOT be sitting in the shade.

Off the field we have sewed some seeds which serve us well in S34. MP_ por_please_ya Chipmunk thewizardmelon Itsmyshow and eth-dog formed a strong nucleus and always added quality to every match thread. However as a "rookie" coming in I'm excited to see the likes of Le Grille Jack The Godfather Shermy Zoops raskolnikov and daddy_4_eyes to #riseup.

2. MP_ has polled in the Top 5 for the larrikin ‘best poster’ club award (position to be revealed later). What’s your view on his season for the Phoenix?
MP_ is a real gem and I can't wait to team up this season. In match threads he adds his blend of humour while engaging both his team and the opposition. Though I do have some concerns after his confession "I must admit I look a bit like colonel sanders after a year on weight watchers." On the field he's a self entitled mid. I doubt we'll speak to each other and it would be a waste of energy running past to get a handball.

How close does MP_ get to the trophy? Stay tuned to find out!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back