Universal Love Eddie's speech at the Copeland .

Remove this Banner Ad

"It's a pity Heater and 'Dids' couldn't continue their careers here but I still love them as should all of you. They're premiership players," Swan told the audience.

"(But) I love the footy club. I certainly don't plan on playing for anyone else. I’ll be a Pie for life.

"You won’t see me walking out of this club."

worth every dollar ;)
It's about 6.30 pm here. Jeff is in the kitchen making lamb pilaf for dinner, and the meat and cinnamon aromas are making me hungry as I type.

We have been watching the Copeland speech clips and loved Dane Swan! Buckley's introduction of Dane was a stumbling sort of effort. Swan spoke without notes yet did not miss a beat. He spoke highly of Ed. We thought it strange he did not mention Nathan Buckley. What do you people think? Ed's speech was stirring and controversial. Haven't heard Bucks yet.

It's about 6.30 pm here. Jeff is in the kitchen making lamb pilaf for dinner, and the meat and cinnamon aromas are making me hungry as I type.

We have been watching the Copeland speech clips and loved Dane Swan! Buckley's introduction of Dane was a stumbling sort of effort. Swan spoke without notes yet did not miss a beat. He spoke highly of Ed. We thought it strange he did not mention Nathan Buckley. What do you people think? Ed's speech was stirring and controversial. Haven't heard Bucks yet.
I thought he did mention Bucks and all the coaching staff. But you say "was a stumbling sort of effort" and I agree, thought Bucks might be under the weather, possible flu?

why are you so interested in what our players think about our coach?

What your husband can't type?

Oh btw my neighbour is a melbourne supporter, number plates and all and she was wondering why Mick endorsed Neeld for a senior gig at Dees. What are your thoughts?

What does your husband think about Chris Dawes?
Is he jealous of your fixation with him?
Do you think this will cause a rift in your relationship?
How long have you had this thing for Chris Dawes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i wish people would stop talking about carlton at times like these... I dont feel the need to make comparisons with other clubs.

Ed talks about off field distractions and selfishness de-railing the season!!! yep he knows a fair bit about that stuff!! I wonder how many young gun indigenous players see Collingwood as a first choice destination... or how many choose to support us... but don't give up your media gigs and focus on our club will you Ed....

Ed talks about off field distractions and selfishness de-railing the season!!! yep he knows a fair bit about that stuff!! I wonder how many young gun indigenous players see Collingwood as a first choice destination... or how many choose to support us... but don't give up your media gigs and focus on our club will you Ed....

There was a fair amount of baggage we had to overcome post Winmar and Macalister. Ed and Mick made inroads there and anyone who says otherwise is a major w***er.

Ed ****ed up with the king kong stuff, but it wasn't a race hate thing, it was just a stupid brain fart. He was trying to make light of a terrible series of events and just jumbled some stuff together he thought would bring levity to the situation.

It was like a Seinfeld or Curb Your Enthusiasm type situation in my view. "no, no, no - that's not what I meant". I mean anyone who knows what the man stands for knows this is just garbage.

Watching this now.

A lot of people hang s**t on Eddie but I absolutely love him. He bleeds black and white and he will do anything to get this club to success. His speech was truly inspirational. Fantastic stuff and now cannot wait till the 2014 season.

You do realise that his position at the club is not a paid position? Why should he give up his paid work to focus on the club. I think he's put in 15 years of pretty decent service, for free. I don't think we can ask much more from him.

There was a fair amount of baggage we had to overcome post Winmar and Macalister. Ed and Mick made inroads there and anyone who says otherwise is a major ******.

Ed ****** up with the king kong stuff, but it wasn't a race hate thing, it was just a stupid brain fart. He was trying to make light of a terrible series of events and just jumbled some stuff together he thought would bring levity to the situation.

It was like a Seinfeld or Curb Your Enthusiasm type situation in my view. "no, no, no - that's not what I meant". I mean anyone who knows what the man stands for knows this is just garbage.
Look I know Ed didn't mean it in a racist way and I don't judge him personally on one thoughtless comment... just really unfortunate for our club again to be tarred with that and not what you want from a president in that situation and at that time... was just really unprofessional. Unfortunately this is a bit of a habit with Ed... hard to combine being an entertaining media commentator/ radio host and a diplomatic club president... at times there's a conflict there that doesn't help our club at all. I would also like to see us do more to engage with indigenous people cos we still have some major ground to make up there and they are a big part of our game!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back