Prediction 2022 Copeland Trophy

Remove this Banner Ad

JDG is a good example. He finished 10th. Missed 6 games so his average votes from the games he played was even higher than Crisp.
It’s always been that way and it looks like they’ll never change it.

The top 10 was very close in the end.

The only one that surprised with the high finish was Howe but that might be me underestimating him.

Always concerned me the the best clubman is the Darren Millane award. I have issues with naming it after him but that’s my problem not yours, also he’s jumper should be in rotation. Plenty of players have passed away and we still use their numbers and they were super stars, pants was a good player but….
Again this is my issue not yours.

Bit harsh on Moore I think to be playing as the only tall all year. I thought he sacrificed his game, as did Howe to make it all work aerially…although things really turned for us when Murphy came in. Definitely a team effort but Moore was our most critical player for the year.

Without him we would have been back to second last.

The meals were small portions. Prob explains why the alochol went to my head and not everyone appreciated my ollie tweet lol Oops.

Entree was Prawns and salad
Main was.. well mine was lamb.
Dessert was cheese cake.

I wandered around between breaks, tried to see who was around, or chatted to people I knew.

Very happy for Lippa.

Pick 43 and top 10 in the best and fairest. Not bad.

All the medals about right, hard to get it perfect when they all play so well.

Bruz could have been higher. I reckon De Goey should have got player of the finals. He wasn’t at his best at the Sydney game but neither was Moore. Our back-men collectively forgot to punch and spoil in that first half.

Fly speech fantastic, love the man as do the players. If there’s a replay, watch his speech and then the speeches at the end for the top 5.

They are all on the same page, it’s brilliant.

If I was to be critical at all, a few of them could have made a bigger deal of Leppitsch and Bolton.

They all seem to rate the fitness/high performance staff really highly. Looking back, very few injuries this year so maybe that’s one part of our club and culture we have finally got right, rather than blaming the hardness of the training ground etc.

Overall, for the first time in recent memory,we can all go into 2023 feeling a well justified sense of hope and excitement, and that feels soooo good.

I love you Collingwood.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bruz could have been higher. I reckon De Goey should have got player of the finals. He wasn’t at his best at the Sydney game but neither was Moore. Our back-men collectively forgot to punch and spoil in that first half.

Fly speech fantastic, love the man as do the players. If there’s a replay, watch his speech and then the speeches at the end for the top 5.

If I was to be critical at all, a few of them could have made a bigger deal of Leppitsch and Bolton.

They all seem to rate the fitness/high performance staff really highly. Looking back, very few injuries this year so maybe that’s one part of our club and culture we have finally got right, rather than blaming the hardness of the training ground etc.

Overall, for the first time in recent memory,we can all go into 2023 feeling a well justified sense of hope and excitement, and that feels soooo good.

I love you Collingwood.

Agree re Leppa - especially Moore and Howe.

I thought the speeches of the b n f in wheelchair team and vfl clubman award were very inspiring. Both so grateful and humble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Josh Daicos had a better year on his wing than Sidebottom. Not sure on Howe & Moore being that high either. They both got quite a few bags kicked on them over the course of the year. Voting system seems to promote close counts. Not sure how they are put together each week, but considering how high the votes were you would expect a bigger gap between player’s tallies.

JDG is a good example. He finished 10th. Missed 6 games so his average votes from the games he played was even higher than Crisp.

Yep. If he can put a full season together next year then i have no doubt he will win the BnF.

Watch the media (Kane Cornes) tell us how s**t he is though because he only just finished in the top 10 this season.

Congrats to all the award winners. Really happy for Moore, thought he sacrificed his natural game this year after Roughead went down. Hopefully Dean and frampton may free him up next year.
Glass half empty would see 3 over 30 in our top5, but perhaps they will have set the standard for the younger gen to take over in coming years.

…got a bit of a hangover this morning.

But what a good night.
Just the level of optimism from everyone. It was uplifting to hear every speaker being so happy to be at the club and already looking forward to tearing it up next year.
Good culture.
Fly’s speech the highlight.

The meals were small portions. Prob explains why the alochol went to my head and not everyone appreciated my ollie tweet lol Oops.

Entree was Prawns and salad
Main was.. well mine was lamb.
Dessert was cheese cake.

I wandered around between breaks, tried to see who was around, or chatted to people I knew.

Very happy for Lippa.

Pick 43 and top 10 in the best and fairest. Not bad.

Jen did the “stop harassing the players” line feel as intense in person as it did through the live stream?!

Jen did the “stop harassing the players” line feel as intense in person as it did through the live stream?!

My friend and I looked at each other like wtf? Nobody was harassing them. And outside the room is free game some girls did try get a photo with players outside the toilets. Some didn’t mind like adans. Some players just ignored you like ginni.

I love you Collingwood.

I think there’s an undertone of disrespecting the previous regime…not enough credit is given to the previous administration and coaches, you don’t turn it around like that without a good solid foundation.

Last edited:
My friend and I looked at each other like wtf? Nobody was harassing them. And outside the room is free game some girls did try get a photo with players outside the toilets. Some didn’t mind like adans. Some players just ignored you like ginni.

BT sounded so cranky, I thought people must have been wandering around interrupting meals to get photos!

Did all the players do the meet and greet beforehand? I’ve heard in the past the senior players (Pendles, Jamie, Darc etc) usually skip it.

I thought the mozzie was the best performer on the night.... hopefully we can get him to take over the presidency when jeff is finished...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back