EDFL Div 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't see the incident yet will comment that the penalty is a joke???

Was it a punch to the head or a punch to the guts, or a jumper punch? Makes a big difference

AFL players are regularly found guilty of incidents and don't receive suspensions

Johndoe, just think you wouldn’t want to be an umpire when the league doesn’t even support decisions. So the umpire does the right thing then also needs to give up his time to attend the tribunal which ended up being a waste of his time..

I read the article from CB coach which says the player puts up with stuff from opposition players every week. That’s not entirely true and it goes both ways...Has he instructed CB defenders to do similar things?? Also he didn’t make mention of the said player has a small band of followers that follow him and stand behind the goals and just abuse opposition players for no reason. It’s pretty foul and totally unnecessary and not something kids should be hearing. So if someone jumps the fence does this mean they also get a reprimand by the tribunal?? Let’s be honest here and get back to playing footy.

I personally think this player plays footy the right way and is great to have him playing div1 but also believe the games officials need to be supported. Junior footy is also getting out of control and the league has to take some responsibility for the standards they set. Support the umpires FFS..

Johndoe, just think you wouldn’t want to be an umpire when the league doesn’t even support decisions. So the umpire does the right thing then also needs to give up his time to attend the tribunal which ended up being a waste of his time..

I read the article from CB coach which says the player puts up with stuff from opposition players every week. That’s not entirely true and it goes both ways...Has he instructed CB defenders to do similar things?? Also he didn’t make mention of the said player has a small band of followers that follow him and stand behind the goals and just abuse opposition players for no reason. It’s pretty foul and totally unnecessary and not something kids should be hearing. So if someone jumps the fence does this mean they also get a reprimand by the tribunal?? Let’s be honest here and get back to playing footy.

I personally think this player plays footy the right way and is great to have him playing div1 but also believe the games officials need to be supported. Junior footy is also getting out of control and the league has to take some responsibility for the standards they set. Support the umpires FFS..

G'day Turbs me ol' mate

100% Umpires must be supported and protected and the last thing any of them want to do is spend their Tuesday's at tribunal, unfortunately sometimes it will happen, just comes with the turf of being an umpire .. Survey post makes sense and I do not believe for 1 second the out-come from the tribunal reflects at all on the Umpire decision to make the report.

CB coach always going to do whatever he can to get the best out-come for CB, so whatever he says take with a grain of salt.
In regards to the small band of followers, that is a disgrace and there are options for clubs to report any unruly supporters. If in fact you are accurate with your description of their behavior and it is regular then surely the CB hire achy need to step in...

All hypotheticals - all i'm saying is there's loads of commentary around about this incident on here and no one has stated that THEY actually saw the incident. There's different levels of striking. If it was a punch to the guts do you think he deserves 2 weeks?

The fact that C'burn supporters abuse oppo players is irrelevant to the tribunal case.

I'm not sure how you can be yellow carded for striking and offered set penalty of 2 weeks , challenge the 2 week penalty , be found guilty and then get 0 weeks.

Makes a mockery of the system

Umpires are only permitted to offer set penalties for minor incidents. Anything major can not not be offered a set penalty. The set penalty for any minor striking report is 2 weeks. The umpire himself didn't deem it as major incident

Turbo just to let you no that the umpire was a no show due to Work commitments

Did goal umpire show up. Happened in goal square off the ball.

That’s correct it did and do you think he would’ve had the best seat in the house to make a judgement call on the incident and not from half way up the hill or 50mtrs away like the field umpire that made the report, obviously he didn’t deem the incident worthy enough for a report ,

So why would the field umpire report it in the first place? Surely if it was deemed not reportable (or force not sufficient of a report) the goal umpire would have said so after the game? Given he was right there.

Tribunal is an absolute joke. I didn’t see the incident and agree Limbach is a pretty fair type of footballer but if your found guilty of striking how can you npt be suspended. Even with a good past record you can’t strike someone. The system says if you appeal the automatic 2 weeks you risk more weeks if found guilty. What a joke this league is becoming with to much inconsistency. Seroiusly the are trying to encourage more umpires into our game and then just laugh at them.

Read the tribunal weekly reports. A lot of umpire abuse. Some get off and some get reprimanded. You abuse and umpire you must get weeks. Full stop!! Even kicking someone get a small sentence. What a joke.
I think the penalty for abusing an umpire should be that you are ordered to umpire at least 3 games.

I think the penalty for abusing an umpire should be that you are ordered to umpire at least 3 games.
The tribunal clearly requires an overhaul. May i suggest the powers in the top office begin at the very top of the tribunal those who have attended hearings know who i am talking about. The tribunals behaviour reflects its head honcho "horrendous behaviour"

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

All hypotheticals - all i'm saying is there's loads of commentary around about this incident on here and no one has stated that THEY actually saw the incident. There's different levels of striking. If it was a punch to the guts do you think he deserves 2 weeks?

The fact that C'burn supporters abuse oppo players is irrelevant to the tribunal case.

I do understand that the supporters is irrelevant to the tribunal case but I would suggest the said player should tell them to pull their head in as it’s pretty disgusting and no need for it. Enough said..

This bloke was reported by goal umpire and field umpire , he struck a ex craigeburne player strangely the reporting umpire didn't turn up Tuesday night? Letters let him of come on guys you are better than this acts of thuggery should not be ignored EDFL are showing a real weakness

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This bloke was reported by goal umpire and field umpire , he struck a ex craigeburne player strangely the reporting umpire didn't turn up Tuesday night? Letters let him of come on guys you are better than this acts of thuggery should not be ignored EDFL are showing a real weakness

No report from goal umpire which was 3-4 mtrs from the reported incident and would’ve had the best view of the reported incident and field umpire in his report stated he was 30-40 mtrs from it when he made the report . 3-4mtrs vs 30-40 mtrs ???

Let’s move on he’s playing this week !

No report from goal umpire which was 3-4 mtrs from the reported incident and would’ve had the best view of the reported incident and field umpire in his report stated he was 30-40 mtrs from it when he made the report . 3-4mtrs vs 30-40 mtrs ???

I'll say it again craigieburnfc if the goal umpire didn't think it warranted a report then why didn't he speak to the field umpire after the game and say to throw it out before wasting everyone's time going to the tribunal?
#kangaroocourt

I'll say it again craigieburnfc if the goal umpire didn't think it warranted a report then why didn't he speak to the field umpire after the game and say to throw it out before wasting everyone's time going to the tribunal?
#kangaroocourt

Some goal umpires in div 1 & div 2 just can’t be bothered with reporting players. Plus some are intimidated by spectators over the fence where field umpires are more stronger types. Personally think the area behind the goal umpire should be spectator free but understand that’s difficult to do..

The reason the umpire is 30-40 metres away is div1 only have 2 umpires whereas premier has 3 and the 3rd umpire is always watching behind play.
Also I’m a supporter of all senior games being videotaped to capture incidents, as well as it can deter incidents.

Thoughts??

Some goal umpires in div 1 & div 2 just can’t be bothered with reporting players. Plus some are intimidated by spectators over the fence where field umpires are more stronger types. Personally think the area behind the goal umpire should be spectator free but understand that’s difficult to do..

The reason the umpire is 30-40 metres away is div1 only have 2 umpires whereas premier has 3 and the 3rd umpire is always watching behind play.
Also I’m a supporter of all senior games being videotaped to capture incidents, as well as it can deter incidents.

Thoughts??

The reason the umpire was 30-40 mtrs away ( I think he was more) was that he wasn’t the controlling umpire at the time of the report .
It’s friday are we any chance of moving on ?

Yes I agree turbo all games should be filmed ,

Thoughts??

Can’t believe they aren’t already. Plenty of so called “lesser standard” comps have done it for a fair while now.

Can’t believe they aren’t already. Plenty of so called “lesser standard” comps have done it for a fair while now.

Hi Doona, EDFL senior football is a good standard but not quite sure the hierarchy running the comp has moved as fast. That’s 1/2 the problem. They did try and introduce recording every game of senior footy but didn’t consult fully with clubs and the prices they were charging clubs was ridiculous. The NFL are very good with there broadcast of all games and it’s there for anyone to watch. The EDFL wanted to charge people to watch the coverage so they only put up highlights of premier league games. They do video premier league games only...

The reason the umpire was 30-40 mtrs away ( I think he was more) was that he wasn’t the controlling umpire at the time of the report .
It’s friday are we any chance of moving on ?

Yes I agree turbo all games should be filmed ,

Hey mate, that is the job of the non controlling umpire to watch behind play where possible. I also agree some backmen can drive forwards nuts and if pushed to far they probably deserve the odd whack. However that reaction can often lead to a report and rightly so. Maybe the goal umpire also thought the defender deserved a whack Lol.. They can’t get away with this stuff with 3 umpires.

I agree let’s move on...as the said player I found to be a fair player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back