EDFL Div 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hillside or Taylor’s lakes will be tight for who misses.. Craigieburn have the easiest run out of them and play 2 of the bottom sides so you would think they play finals..
If they can get a 4-5 back could be a threat but if not apw v Tulla granny.

Who have they got to come in?

Who have they got to come in?
Bugeja, Mcerlain, Terzievski, Piggott have been the 4 big ones they have missed so much Mel. Still missing, all key experienced senior players due back before finals. Young guy Righele also can seriously play.

Mcerlain (captain)
Terzievski
Piggot
Bugeja
Possibly browning for finals

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Bugeja, Mcerlain, Terzievski, Piggott have been the 4 big ones they have missed so much Mel. Still missing, all key experienced senior players due back before finals. Young guy Righele also can seriously play.

Cheers guys. Will definitely make a difference to the side.

The last three rounds and it comes down to Cburn, Hillside and Taylor's Lakes for the 3-4th position.
40 pts 138% Cburn- WM, Bye, Lakes
40 pts 115% Lakes - Bye, Tulla, CB
38 pts 120% Hillside - EK, Jacana, Bye

Cburn and Lakes guaranteed to make it if they win their last 2 games.
For mine Cburn and Hillside given the run home to make it and Lakes stiff but just miss.

The last three rounds and it comes down to Cburn, Hillside and Taylor's Lakes for the 3-4th position.
40 pts 138% Cburn- WM, Bye, Lakes
40 pts 115% Lakes - Bye, Tulla, CB
38 pts 120% Hillside - EK, Jacana, Bye

Cburn and Lakes guaranteed to make it if they win their last 2 games.
For mine Cburn and Hillside given the run home to make it and Lakes stiff but just miss.

It might be hard for Cburn and Lakes to win their last 2 when they play each other in round 18 ??

Saw a first on Saturday at Tulla vs EK
The Tulla full back handballed back in from a behind the ump didn't call it (LOL) I know it's a tough and thankless gig but that one was easy to call !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw a first on Saturday at Tulla vs EK
The Tulla full back handballed back in from a behind the ump didn't call it (LOL) I know it's a tough and thankless gig but that one was easy to call !!

Seroiusly nothing would surprise me with the way this league is run. Some clubs don’t even mark the grounds prior to upcoming games. Not allowed to provide any feedback on umpires through any channels and only the select few clubs can talk to umpires without being fined. The league has a rule that only the captain can approach the umpires yet this rule doesn’t apply to a select few clubs. It’s absolute rubbish.
Once this league becomes independent and not influenced by certain clubs only then will things improve..

Seroiusly nothing would surprise me with the way this league is run. Some clubs don’t even mark the grounds prior to upcoming games. Not allowed to provide any feedback on umpires through any channels and only the select few clubs can talk to umpires without being fined. The league has a rule that only the captain can approach the umpires yet this rule doesn’t apply to a select few clubs. It’s absolute rubbish.
Once this league becomes independent and not influenced by certain clubs only then will things improve..
Turbo you seem to be across most things in the EDFL, who are the influential clubs? and how do they influence the EDFL?

100% agree Turbs
Boys club at the top and that’s how it will always be
EDFL leadership a bunch of amateurs at best

I agree the standard of umpiring is poor but who would want to be an umpire?
Yes they get paid but you also get hurled abuse week after week. What other jobs does this happen for a miserly sum of money.
To make things worse the EDFL generally don't support the umpires who report players by backing them at the tribunal. They are left red faced and embarrassed.
Speaking of the tribunal system. What a farce. This is where both parties sit in the same room before being called into the hearing... coercion comes to mind straight away.
Get out of the dark ages EDFL and smarten up your act.

I agree the standard of umpiring is poor but who would want to be an umpire?
Yes they get paid but you also get hurled abuse week after week. What other jobs does this happen for a miserly sum of money.
Must admit I always said "one day" I'd do some form of umpiring so then I've experienced the full circle of grassroots football, but the reasons stated above saw me go cold on the idea a few seasons back.

With 3 rounds left, what are your thoughts on the Coaching merry-go-round?
If Lakes miss out - is that the end of Tankard?
If Hillside miss out - is that the end of Burns?
Does Bugden stay on at Craigieburn?
What happens with Hooper?
What happens with Arrowsmith? A lot of money spent for no return
DC safe at Tulla, Maddern safe at APW, Smith safe at Westy,
Fletcher already gone,

Fletcher already gone,

I’m not involved within the committee at Craigieburn but I’ve heard bugden won’t be coaching Craigieburn next year.. He’s had 5 years and is our longest serving coach and has done a great job in my mind.. Went from b grade cellar dwellers to two grand finals in a row then stayed on with the tough year last year. Full credit to him and lance this year some people picked Craigieburn to do the double drop .. Id put my money on lance taking over

Fletcher already gone,
Tankard has done an outstanding job..maybe considering his options. Hillside are not where they should be in their development. Off Field needs addressing. Bugden, if you believe the rumours he is gone. Another club that is underachieving. Hooper and Arrowsmith very much in there coaching infancy, should both be supported again. DC and GM both safe, not sure about Smith (work issues). The demands and scrutiny on coaches increases every year. They need to be better resourced and supported otherwise no one will look to take up the rewarding challenge.

Tankard has done an outstanding job..maybe considering his options. Hillside are not where they should be in their development. Off Field needs addressing. Bugden, if you believe the rumours he is gone. Another club that is underachieving. Hooper and Arrowsmith very much in there coaching infancy, should both be supported again. DC and GM both safe, not sure about Smith (work issues). The demands and scrutiny on coaches increases every year. They need to be better resourced and supported otherwise no one will look to take up the rewarding challenge.

Craigieburn under achieving?

What do you mean off field needs addressing at Hillside....hearing some great things about their leaders and financially best they have been in a while.
Would be interested in your thoughts?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back