EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
spent less than half of Div 2 in 2018 and got up..

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

UTR, don’t understand this post? When you win the div3 premiership in 2018 you still would have spent $$. I agree within you clubs means but probably only Coburg Districts spent more. I’m not being critical at all as I agree your club doesn’t spend huge $$ but some players are getting decent coin for div3 footy. But I don’t have a problem with that as long as you get the desired result.

My take on it was saying that clubs that spend a heap win flags. Was just refuting that. If that's not the premise of the post then agree everyone spends.... But even clubs that finish bottom spend money so I don't get it. The issue is with those spending excessive amounts
UTR, don’t understand this post? When you win the div3 premiership in 2018 you still would have spent $$. I agree within you clubs means but probably only Coburg Districts spent more. I’m not being critical at all as I agree your club doesn’t spend huge $$ but some players are getting decent coin for div3 footy. But I don’t have a problem with that as long as you get the desired result.

My take on it was saying that clubs that spend a heap win flags. Was just refuting that. If that's not the premise of the post then agree everyone spends.... But even clubs that finish bottom spend money so I don't get it. The issue is with those spending excessive amounts

Kane Hocking on the EDFL podcast last night summed it up perfectly. He stated the best thing to do is spend money each season to bring in recruits. It is the only way to try and get into Premier and STAY in Premier. Once you are there and consistently in there and your juniors and 19's etc are playing at a higher level it is easier to develop local talent. If a club hasn't spent money in the past to recruit and have sat stagnant for years why wouldn't you start breaking the bank and using the money you have. You should not be criticised for that if anything you should be praised for having a crack. There is a point system and a salary cap. Use it to the fullest no point paying under the cap or playing way under the point system and sitting mid table of div 1 stagnant if you have room to build on it and have the money.

Thats my opinion anyway. Obviously people are going to think differently and say people "buy flags etc" but lets be real every team that wins the flag has spent money and if your long term goal is to join Premier and remain in premier your going to have to break the bank and consistently bring in players. Junior programs are easier to develop when your club is successful and playing in the highest competition.

Kane Hocking on the EDFL podcast last night summed it up perfectly. He stated the best thing to do is spend money each season to bring in recruits. It is the only way to try and get into Premier and STAY in Premier. Once you are there and consistently in there and your juniors and 19's etc are playing at a higher level it is easier to develop local talent. If a club hasn't spent money in the past to recruit and have sat stagnant for years why wouldn't you start breaking the bank and using the money you have. You should not be criticised for that if anything you should be praised for having a crack. There is a point system and a salary cap. Use it to the fullest no point paying under the cap or playing way under the point system and sitting mid table of div 1 stagnant if you have room to build on it and have the money.

Thats my opinion anyway. Obviously people are going to think differently and say people "buy flags etc" but lets be real every team that wins the flag has spent money and if your long term goal is to join Premier and remain in premier your going to have to break the bank and consistently bring in players. Junior programs are easier to develop when your club is successful and playing in the highest competition.
Totally agree. You have to make your club attractive to junior players and parents. They are attracted to successful clubs as they want the best for their kids.

Agree with most of this but Craigieburn just won the flag on 31 points..
if you can manage your locals right points won’t matter
And yes I know we will have to recruit for premier

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep agree but my argument was to go up and remain up. If Craigieburn recruited at the start of this year all those players will be worth a point less now and will be able to recruit a further 3-4 players (As premier quality recruits from other leagues will be worth 3 points not 4 due to them going up) going into prem which would of made them even better equipped to remain up.

Every team in recent memory have gone straight back down. Ek recruiting heavily start of this season and again at the end of this season if they win the comp in 2020 and recruit a third time they will be well equipped to stay up in Prem and all their stars from this season will be worth 2-3 points going into prem.

I agree with Kane Hocking what they have done is smart every club that wants to go up and remain up will need a solid 2-3 years of bringing in solid recruits with their intention of wanting to play prem so they dont just leave when your team goes up.

Burner, the thing that Craigieburn did well was recruit some locals back which is always the best option, but these players are still well paid. Think what interests me about Craigieburn and probably gets you a bit excited is the brand of footy they played this season. Exciting, hard and fair footy with a bit of flair.

Burner, the thing that Craigieburn did well was recruit some locals back which is always the best option, but these players are still well paid. Think what interests me about Craigieburn and probably gets you a bit excited is the brand of footy they played this season. Exciting, hard and fair footy with a bit of flair.
Not taking away anything CB have done however they do have a massive area out there to get locals from though and good support now from the Sports Club. They spend reasonable well also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not taking away anything CB have done however they do have a massive area out there to get locals from though and good support now from the Sports Club. They spend reasonable well also.

Yeah everyone says that but have you seen the people that are moving to Craigieburn?
I’m not being racist but they don’t play footy
Yes the area has grown but our juniors are not breaking records for how many teams we have .. A lot of sides in the edfl have more junior sides than us. You also have to remember they struggled to field a reserves side last year..
Plenty of numbers this year so hopefully they stick around

Yeah everyone says that but have you seen the people that are moving to Craigieburn?
Yes the area has grown but our juniors are not breaking records for how many teams we have .. A lot of sides in the edfl have more junior sides than us. You also have to remember they struggled to field a reserves side last year..

Good luck I think CB have a good set up now, hope you do well in Premier.

Yep agree but my argument was to go up and remain up. If Craigieburn recruited at the start of this year all those players will be worth a point less now and will be able to recruit a further 3-4 players (As premier quality recruits from other leagues will be worth 3 points not 4 due to them going up) going into prem which would of made them even better equipped to remain up.

Every team in recent memory have gone straight back down. Ek recruiting heavily start of this season and again at the end of this season if they win the comp in 2020 and recruit a third time they will be well equipped to stay up in Prem and all their stars from this season will be worth 2-3 points going into prem.

I agree with Kane Hocking what they have done is smart every club that wants to go up and remain up will need a solid 2-3 years of bringing in solid recruits with their intention of wanting to play prem so they dont just leave when your team goes up.

Thats provided they all stick around at EK for the next 2-4 years.

If they do retain them in 2-4 years time you will only have 5 REAL home grown players in the team.

If the club is happy with that then good luck to them.

Thats provided they all stick around at EK for the next 2-4 years.

If they do retain them in 2-4 years time you will only have 5 REAL home grown players in the team.

If the club is happy with that then good luck to them.

Better then waiting 10 years to get into prem comp. The faster you get there and become relevant the easier it is to attract and develop local talent. When your juniors are playing at the higher level also it helps

110% correct Burner. People are stupid if they think we have a large population you pull from. Cricket will be ok... soccer will take off(already has) while footy on the area will really struggle if we don't get EDFL/AFL assistance. Junior numbers just aren't there and school presence is non existent.

Good luck up in Prem. Reckon you will go well. Can't sling us a few players can you??

Burner, cmon mate you have a big enough area to draw in young kids. Craigieburn much better off than plenty of other clubs. Just need to find a way to draw them in and keep them interested in coming back.

Who do they invite player wise ... is it the top polling player from each club? Is 19s , reserves and seniors?

Colletta $15k sign in - is that being declared in the Salary Cap?
There is no chance that Colletta is being offered that much money. If anyone could explain how/why any team would pay anywhere near that I'd love to hear it.

GAMESTIBGOALSMGAV GOALSBottom Side? Average minus 1 x MG(AV - MG)
Hillside 2019 822062.50
1.75​
Hillside 2018 1122151.91
1.45​
Hillside 2017 1595173.40
2.93​
Hillside 2016 1143262.91
2.36​
Hillside 2015 103930.90
0.60​

So other than 2017, if you looked at those stats for a player, I don't think I'd be thinking he was a player we needed to desperately recruit to be a successful side. Every year there is 1 or 2 bottom sides so I'd be guessing thats when the most goals would be kicked so then it really brings his average to someone who average 1.82 goals a game over the past 5 years?

What position are they wanting him to play? I havnt watched much of Hillside but am I missing something? I don't get it?

Don't you love it Burner when people who don't live in the area continually tell you that you're wrong?
Burner, cmon mate you have a big enough area to draw in young kids. Craigieburn much better off than plenty of other clubs. Just need to find a way to draw them in and keep them interested in coming back.

I think this thought that CB have massive numbers to draw on is a touch inaccurate. There is a very large Indian and Polynesian population in the Greater CB area AND they don't play Australian Rules.

And Roxy is now full of Iraqi and Syrian refugees who don't play footy. I've had this argument here before look at how big Roxy United Soccer Club has become in 3 years.... It's ridiculous. From what I'm told the area used to be zoned to Essendon to come and do school and footy club appearances but the Bombers weren't interested. AFLVic did nothing to get them to come to the area. All of a sudden North Melbourne started coming into schools and to the footy club. But then I'm told Essendon cracked it and told the AFL to get them out. So North got kicked out and Essendon still refuses to do anything other than support the Hume Bombers because of the Indian connection. Don't get me started on the joke that is the Hume Bombers...
I think this thought that CB have massive numbers to draw on is a touch inaccurate. There is a very large Indian and Polynesian population in the Greater CB area AND they don't play Australian Rules.

There is no chance that Colletta is being offered that much money. If anyone could explain how/why any team would pay anywhere near that I'd love to hear it.

GAMESTIBGOALSMGAV GOALSBottom Side? Average minus 1 x MG(AV - MG)
Hillside 2019822062.50
1.75​
Hillside 20181122151.91
1.45​
Hillside 20171595173.40
2.93​
Hillside 20161143262.91
2.36​
Hillside 2015103930.90
0.60​

So other than 2017, if you looked at those stats for a player, I don't think I'd be thinking he was a player we needed to desperately recruit to be a successful side. Every year there is 1 or 2 bottom sides so I'd be guessing thats when the most goals would be kicked so then it really brings his average to someone who average 1.82 goals a game over the past 5 years?

What position are they wanting him to play? I havnt watched much of Hillside but am I missing something? I don't get it?

51 goals in 2017 is a pretty good effort and outlines his potential. He plays more CHF but can roll through the goal square at times. Has a good jump & leap and moves well. But agree his last couple of years his had injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back