EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They still come at 3 points which is the only thing I don’t agree with the point system. Players that have only played reserves should come in at 2 max to give them a chance to play ones at a lower level.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Think you’ll find a reserve player is only worth 2 points unless he has played more than 4 games a year in any of the pervious 3 season. That’s my understanding

Yeah Nah... No offence to him or EK but that squad they had this year could of coached themselves

Wouldnt think the coffers at KP would be overly large

Think you’ll find a reserve player is only worth 2 points unless he has played more than 4 games a year in any of the pervious 3 season. That’s my understanding

Definitely 3 points. Reserves players still attract an additional point for transferring from premier to a lower grade.
I think there would be many premier reserves player that would be worth the 3 pts though, especially young guys at the big premier clubs that are keen to play senior footy.

Nope that was the issue with EK this year all the reserve players that Pat brought from Deer Park were listed as 2 pointers. Then they upped them to 3 after 3-4 games in the season because they still came from a higher competition (being wrfl div 1 which is considered premier) they gained an extra point. Regardless that they didn’t play seniors at all.

Therefore made them 3 pointers. Absolute stupid point system in regards to reserve players if you ask me.

If they had played played seniors they would of come as 3 pointers then gained an extra being from a higher league and making them 4.

Yeah Nah... No offence to him or EK but that squad they had this year could of coached themselves

Wouldnt think the coffers at KP would be overly large
Fair chance he wasn't going to get reappointed as EK reserves coach as they had advertised reserves/3rds positions.

He gets a senior coaching opportunity, hopefully he can build something at KP.

Nope that was the issue with EK this year all the reserve players that Pat brought from Deer Park were listed as 2 pointers. Then they upped them to 3 after 3-4 games in the season because they still came from a higher competition (being wrfl div 1 which is considered premier) they gained an extra point. Regardless that they didn’t play seniors at all.

Therefore made them 3 pointers. Absolute stupid point system in regards to reserve players if you ask me.

If they had played played seniors they would of come as 3 pointers then gained an extra being from a higher league and making them 4.

Pretty sure you will find if a reserves player from premier is a 3 pointer, unless they are playing at EK. In that case they are an automatic 1 pointer LOL LOL LOL

Good Luck to Guiks at KP. They are gonna need it I think. They amaze me how they keep getting on the Park each year.
No team has a smaller junior area and it isn't exactly full of kids either. The suburb itself is tiny.
Even though they are the old enemy I respect them and wish them all the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely 3 points. Reserves players still attract an additional point for transferring from premier to a lower grade.
I think there would be many premier reserves player that would be worth the 3 pts though, especially young guys at the big premier clubs that are keen to play senior footy.
Well Adam Meioron went from Greenvale reserves to oaK park and was only a 2 pointer.
The extra point from changing clubs only relates to players playing in the same division.
So all premier reserve players that drop to divy 1 or 2 are only worth 2 points

Well Adam Meioron went from Greenvale reserves to oaK park and was only a 2 pointer.
The extra point from changing clubs only relates to players playing in the same division.
Someone else already pointed out 1 extra point if you go from premier to Div 1, regardless if reserves or seniors.

The Oak Park guy should’ve been 3 pointer.

That only relates to senior players not reserves.
I was football manager for few years when it first come out so unless it’s changed no extra points for reserves players leaving to play seniors
C5C32D3E-0212-4C3F-9B80-54F8CE3891CB.png

Are we saying that every player that transfered to an EDFL club in 2019 may have played with an incorrect point value?
Are there any ramifications? Who will be held accountable?

No lol we are saying a reserves player who has literally played only reserves from a premier comp that comes to div 1 is a 3 pointer.

They are a base of 2 points and gain an additional point for coming from prem Comp

No lol we are saying a reserves player who has literally played only reserves from a premier comp that comes to div 1 is a 3 pointer.

They are a base of 2 points and gain an additional point for coming from prem Comp

The said player was assessed as 2 points, however you are suggesting he should have been assessed as 3 points.

The said player was assessed as 2 points, however you are suggesting he should have been assessed as 3 points.

Honestly I really don’t understand what’s so hard to get with what I’m saying clearly there is a miscommunication this is how it works.

Reserve players from any premier comp coming to div 1 are 3 points (base of 2 points + 1 extra for coming from prem to div 1)

Senior players from any premier comp coming to div 1 are 4 points (base of 3 points + 1 extra for coming from prem to div 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back