Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk III - 1 McClug, 1 Billings (AND ROSS) for 4th rounder get it done dodoro

Who should we take with pick 1?

• Hugh McCluggage

Votes: 202 59.6%
  • Will Brodie

Votes: 50 14.7%
  • SPS

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Rhys Mathieson

Votes: 30 8.8%
  • Jack Billings

Votes: 22 6.5%
  • Ben Ainsworth

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • A well pickled ham

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • A bag of mouldy spuds

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • A rancid orange

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • A floury apple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An over mushy pear

• A rock hard mandarin

• A braised brussel sprout

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
based on today's game McGrath/broadie/Taranto who would you pick? I'd take McGrath seems to have a good kick and a good footy brain.

Brodie has had next to no impact in the last quarter
Was huge all game.

McGrath is a dumb selection for best on. Was good all day but Brodie, Taranto and Scrimshaw were all better.

Was huge all game.

McGrath is a dumb selection for best on. Was good all day but Brodie, Taranto and Scrimshaw were all better.
He wasn't huge all game, he hardly touched it in the final qrtr and had a massive turnover when the game was in the balance on the wing.
He had a very good game, but wasn't big in the last.
Thought scrimshaw was more influential then McGrath

Was huge all game.

Brodie was very good and oozed class in the first half, but he was a lot quieter in the second.

There's just no way he was BOG by the end of the game.

McGrath was hardly a "dumb" choice either. He was a big possession winner for the victorious side, especially in the second half.

Last edited:
Best on usually goes to the player who gets the most touches or most goals in the TAC. Personally wouldn't have gone with McGrath but his 3rd quarter was very important. Scrimshaw, Taranto and Lyons all has claims for best on.

McGrath had more impact than Taranto IMO
McGrath's 3rd quarter was fantastic but Taranto's 2nd half was sublime
He wasn't huge all game, he hardly touched it in the final qrtr and had a massive turnover when the game was in the balance on the wing.
He had a very good game, but wasn't big in the last.
Thought scrimshaw was more influential then McGrath
He was literally the only reason they were 5 points down with 2-3 minutes left.

Lobb gets mentioned a lot but is he really someone you could get ? Not even 100% GWS would do a direct swap for pick 1. Would take it if they did offer that but i feel he is one bloke they can not afford to let go going forward given some of their KP players have moved on or are wanting to move on.

Watching him last night had me thinking that he'll be one of the best players in the comp within 2 - 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish the AFl Went one step further ala NBA, NFL where you can trade players at the draft, ala we draft McGrath and swap for scrimshaw as an example.

Wish the AFl Went one step further ala NBA, NFL where you can trade players at the draft, ala we draft McGrath and swap for scrimshaw as an example.

Their business is cut-throat, and from what I understand, players are treated as commodities only. I'd prefer we don't mess with players' emotions like that in our game's culture. Imagine as a player thinking you've been drafted to Essendon, only for us to on-trade you interstate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back