Elliot Yeos suspension

Is this a fair 1 week suspension

• Yes

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 88 91.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, go take your 'woe is me, the whole AFL is against us' attitude elsewhere. Just sad
Look at it from a West Coast "point of view". Yeo rubbed out for nothing, by Christian (ex Collingwood) Mate of hocking, tied to Geelong who we play next week. Can you blame us when we are looking at an "OLD boys club" tied to the VFL?

Yeh very noble of you. Yeo shouldn't have even been sighted. Doesn't change the fact that I think an elbow to the neck deserves a week.

So you're calling Ryan a liar, lol? Did not grab his neck after, grabbed his shoulder. Looking for controversy where there is none. Yeo shouldn't have been sighted, doesn't mean that Hawkins should either, as some sort of '2 wrongs make a right' twisted thinking

Look at it from a West Coast "point of view". Yeo rubbed out for nothing, by Christian (ex Collingwood) Mate of hocking, tied to Geelong who we play next week. Can you blame us when we are looking at an "OlD boys club" tie to the VFL?

See above post...Hawkins got rubbed out after our semi final against you...a move that potentially cost us a Grand Final berth. Hawkins brought it on himself, but there is definitely no favouritism towards him or us. Cotchin did much worse to Shiel in 2017, and he played.

All 3 suspensions this week are a joke.
It is laughable how weak and inconsistent this MRP is and has been for a while.
Two guys hold their ground while another player cannons into them and they are suspended. Yeo does what every blocked, harassed midfielder does every game and cops a week. If they were consistent then Cripps, Neale, Bont, Danger etc would only play fortnightly OR Yeo wouldn't have been suspended.

So you're calling Ryan a liar, lol? Did not grab his neck after, grabbed his shoulder. Looking for controversy where there is none. Yeo shouldn't have been sighted, doesn't mean that Hawkins should either, as some sort of '2 wrongs make a right' twisted thinking
Lets see what happens...OK?

WCE need to fight that suspension, unless there is another angle that is just ridiculous
There is a Second angle which IMO exonerates him completely

it’s little more than a push to the chest

I’m not sure anything even touched his face - if it did - it’s the tip of a finger

Look at it from a West Coast "point of view". Yeo rubbed out for nothing, by Christian (ex Collingwood) Mate of hocking, tied to Geelong who we play next week. Can you blame us when we are looking at an "OLD boys club" tied to the VFL?
Tom Hawkins has been rubbed out 6 times in 4 seasons and you still think Geelong are getting mates rates?

Has anyone seen anything like this ever?

Can Michael Christian have a job tomorrow if the AFL aref fair dinkum?

Hang on what? That's got to be a joke. There would be 100 suspensions handed out a round based on this.
If that's not insufficient force what is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without doubt that is the softest "One week" in the history of VFL. A guy on FB nailed it. We play Geelong next and we know Hocking has got his fingers in this.
I respect challenging and criticizing the decision, it's ridiculous.
But please, keep this stuff in check, there is no conspiracy here where an AFL executive has asked for a player to be banned to give a minuscule advantage to another team.... There is no preconceived hidden MRP agenda to ruin West Coast.

I respect challenging and criticizing the decision, it's ridiculous.
But please, keep this stuff in check, there is no conspiracy here where an AFL executive has asked for a player to be banned to give a minuscule advantage to another team.... There is no preconceived hidden MRP agenda to ruin West Coast.
Yep. Conspiracies also require a level of competence that the MRO/Tribunal system has never had.

Any news on whether the Eagles will challenge based on insufficient force?
I'd like to see another angle too, as I'm not even sure it's a punch more than a forceful "get off me" push type action. Another angle would help.

I'm convinced I see these actions at just about every stoppage, and this is a horribly soft precedent to set.

Back