Elliot Yeos suspension

Is this a fair 1 week suspension

• Yes

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 88 91.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously the Geelong supporters in here are agreeing that Yeo shouldn't be suspended and yet certain WC supporters are trying to get Hawkins suspended.

And for those saying we get looked after look at Hawkins past history he gets suspended in crackdowns every year and then the AFL forget about it the next week.

As proven through your long career getting bloked, tagged and scragged every game?

I am over players thinking they have the right to jumper punch and what not. That goes for my side and every other side it’s just isn’t needed.

Seriously the Geelong supporters in here are agreeing that Yeo shouldn't be suspended and yet certain WC supporters are trying to get Hawkins suspended.

And for those saying we get looked after look at Hawkins past history he gets suspended in crackdowns every year and then the AFL forget about it the next week.
If Yeo gets done then so should Hawkins, but I reckon neither had enough force to warrant suspensions.

pointing out consistency
if he gives Yeo a week for that then he will have no option but to suspend Hawkins

Neither Yeo or Hawkins should cop a week. Free kicks maybe.

The only people saying otherwise are ‘interested parties’ or ya know, trolls.

That said - Yeo’s week will stick and Hawkins will (rightfully) get the all clear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See above post...Hawkins got rubbed out after our semi final against you...a move that potentially cost us a Grand Final berth. Hawkins brought it on himself, but there is definitely no favouritism towards him or us. Cotchin did much worse to Shiel in 2017, and he played.
Hawkins doesn't deserve to go down either. West Coast supporters are just pissed off after a string of crazy soft suspensions in the past 2 years or so. Some real laughable ones and now this. I'm one of the many attributing it to Christian having a personal issue with West Coast. Its that bad.

Don't forget Kolo getting fined for Walters diving into him.

At least that is the only thing i remember from the 3/4.

That should have been a free kick to Kolo, lol. I don't even care, we're not winning this week regardless, so it's a non event to me. Just further entrenches my belief that Tom Hawkins is literally the poster boy for innocuous/ridiculous/'rule of the week', decisions

It’s clearly the rule of the week for the MRO. In most weeks neither would be a suspension. The AFL has been telegraphing through media people for a couple weeks that ‘the AFL doesn’t like these off-ball hits’. Instead of making a statement saying there will be strict-liability for any strike from here on, this is their asinine response.

And I see a few comments in here worried that this is an unmanageable precedent to set and to that I say, never fear! Because everything will change in a week’s time.

That should have been a free kick to Kolo, lol. I don't even care, we're not winning this week regardless, so it's a non event to me. Just further entrenches my belief that Tom Hawkins is literally the poster boy for innocuous/ridiculous/'rule of the week', decisions
I want to know who he insulted/assaulted at AFL HQ to keep being made the scapegoat every season on crackdowns (jumper punches a few years ago etc)

Back