Analysis Embrace the pain

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody is saying "who cares if we lose", we are saying always get there and support the team, whatever the situation. Home support is so important, and can get you over the line.

The interstate clubs particualrly have a big advantage because their home supporters greatly outnumber the opposition, particularly in Perth & Adelaide.
Plus they are usually crazy, lunatic, some may say, "ferals"!

The wierdest crowd I was in was at the Gabba last year against Brisbane: there seemed to be more Hawk supporters, and we made so much more noise.
i know and 38000 isn't that bad, its about the same number interstate clubs get most games. I was there last week and no way was there more crow supporters than Hawk supporters. its just that we didn't have too much to cheer about. when we kicked goals there definitely was a huge roar and noise. I think some are making more of this than there really is. I guess 70000 odd members is the sticking point.

People need to get over member numbers vs crowd numbers

First of all not all memberships give the same game entitlements

Do we don't have 70000 members with 22 game memberships

Secondly, members have already paid money to the club without rocking up, now rocking up helps with support on the day and fixturing of good slots no doubt but members have already put their hand in their pockets to support the club

Third point is that some people pay even though they can't attend, interstate, absentee, international etc

Final point if but big footy main board is part of an argument then go argue it that hole

Remove this Banner Ad

Back