Autopsy Emergency Services Practice Match, 2020: Hawthorn v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem with that is about 15 certainties didn’t play on Saturday. No idea what you are on about with the recruits but it’s a pretty poor argument. We didn’t pay a thing for Abbott and even you trying to prove some sort of poor point know he was depth. That is about the only position a poor side gets depth. You do remember what you said about Kent last year. You said he was depth. I said poor sides don’t recruit depth so even though I didn’t rate him I said he was recruited to play and guess what. He did. Howard was recruited to play. O guess what he plays round one baring injury and brown misses out no matter how he played on the weekend. It’s pretty easy to understand. The game was useful for the players as it gives them experience and for the older ones game time. It will not be shown to be useful when picking the round one side. I even doubt any of the players who played will get a run next week apart the obvious select few. And it’s not broad minded to think the likes of brown and marsh may play. It’s plainly just silly. And it’s not narrow minded to think they won’t. It’s just basic common sense.
Ha ha ha - you're endlessly entertaining Plugger.

So we didn't "recruit players to play at Sandy" other than Abbott who was apparently recruited purely to play the reserves, but Howard is a lock for FB simply on the basis we recruited him despite the fact that he was in your own words was "useless" and "hopeless" against Hawthorn.

Classic Plugger - never change!!!! Then you give us this absolute pearler

" I even doubt any of the players who played will get a run next week apart the obvious select few" - that you then don't name.

Classic Plugger move!!!!

plugger66 So are you saying you believe that there is no chance of Brown or Marsh playing round 1, if the whole list is fit with no injuries? Like 100%?

It's funny to see all the people write him off on the back of one bad game.

I thought it was really telling to watch the way he walked off after the game. He was just about the only one not looking excited. He knew he played poorly.
I have seen him get beaten at training and be dirty on himself for ages.
Really really wants to succeed. He is a competitive animal for sure.

Undoubted talent if you listen to Port watchers. I have confidence he will get better and better for us.

I agree with Marsh. He is super impressive after now having a full pre-season. He is a great super quick tall utility who has ability to play mid, wing for a link player, pinch hint down back or ruck around the ground and is a good forward.
When he went forward at Moorabbin against the Hawks they were confused who to team up on as we had King leading up, Membrey, Marshall in the square and Marsh with his size and speed. Looks incredibly intimidating. Then get a Butler and Lonie crumbing. Those guys would be licking their lips and Membrey is no longer tagged. He will seriously kick bags this year with only the 3rd or 4th best defender on him.
Big decisions for Ratts team.
How nice is it to have these options this year.
Looks at all the discussions on this forum thus far, this guy will play. No this guy will play he's better and so forth. Last year we didn't have this dilemma.
It was more, why is this guy playing, Newnes keeps getting a game and so forth.
Love it already.

interesting discussion about Marsh, pre-Stikilda

Calm down mate he was up against Newnes, Walsh, Fisher, Setterfield and Curnow. Anyones D/E would be down coming up against the pressure that star power would bring. Especially in a match as important as Marsh Series Week One :drunk:

how did newnes go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back