Autopsy Practice Match, 2023: St.Kilda v Essendon

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • Bombers

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Was it? Cant say ive ever looked up the stats (wouldnt know where to) nor would it necesarily matter against his averages cause i would assume he takes a similar number each week.
I never knew where it was either but it’s relevant now because we count kick ins when playing on which is ridiculous. It’s on the afl app. You click on the player and it gives you about 20 stats for the player. They shouldn’t count them.

I will let you have the last say. Firstly overblown doesn’t mean I think Sharman didn’t do an ok job. I still say the way it was written on here at the time was overblown. Also I, others can do it differently, don’t rate a game on a persons age or the amount of games played. If I rated windhanger tagging for that game it was because of how he played not his age or games played. Can’t really remember how I rated it though. I think I rated it highly. And lastly even if sharmans game was not overblown surely we are now discussing him as a forward as I doubt Sharman will go back under Lyon. At the moment as a forward Sharman is rated very lowly by Lyon. That game against Stewart is having no bearing on being selected or not as it’s irrelevant.
Thats all fair, the only bit id disagree on is the bolded.

Lyon LOVES a defensive player or at least a player who can play defense, i think that game would absolutely help him with Rossy.

Thats all fair, the only bit id disagree on is the bolded.

Lyon LOVES a defensive player or at least a player who can play defense, i think that game would absolutely help him with Rossy.
Yes ive already said I got completely confused so disregard that part. It’s very relevant but not enough to change Lyons mind yet obviously.

We lost

We lost by 45 in R21 when Sharman played down back...not sure why anyone I'd getting praise let alone Sharman.

Confusing with R9 win aren't we?
I think youre confusing what im talking about.

Im talking about Sharman as a defensive forward on Tom Stewart in round 9.

Hunter has a tremendous knack of finding a way of getting boot to ball in extraordinary, high pressure circumstances..he did it a number of times against Essendon..it’s a skill few have.
Absolutely, but I see it as a skill of “last resort”.
What to do if tackled.
They have no meaningful disposal value compared to a clean possession.

Roma, Clark and Owens very good.

Liked Bytel's game.

Higgins good.

Webster, Battle, Wilkie solid down back.

Byrnes is a butcher. It worries me.

NWM could be anything.

Think RTB will really like the way Wood goes about it.

Dons conversion made it a lot easier for us.
Mason Wood could easily have a huge year knowing he has gained confidence from last year playing more games than he had in 9 seasons and most probably his best season.
Being such a elite runner , tall , can mark and kick - he has everything to be a outstanding player and after getting a good go last year he could easily have a even better year as he gets the belief.

Have a look how he's been used since. Text book stuffing up development.
I fully expect Sharman to play round one , he is to me the best forward option while King is out.
No doubt Sharman , Wood and Membery will be our best marking targets - playing Cordy as a forward would be the wrong move in my opinion.
Give Sharman a good crack back in the forward line and he will show his best.

Mason Wood could easily have a huge year knowing he has gained confidence from last year playing more games than he had in 9 seasons and most probably his best season.
Being such a elite runner , tall , can mark and kick - he has everything to be a outstanding player and after getting a good go last year he could easily have a even better year as he gets the belief.
I've got to say Wood us playing better than I thought possible for him. Plays the wing high half forward role excellently. Knock on wood he can stay injury free and if he can I think he will have a massive year

I fully expect Sharman to play round one , he is to me the best forward option while King is out.
No doubt Sharman , Wood and Membery will be our best marking targets - playing Cordy as a forward would be the wrong move in my opinion.
100% for me he is our best forward option. While Cordy may be slightly better pinch hitting in the ruck and Caminiti has been a revelation considering he has just been elevated from the vfl on exposed form and his attributes Sharman would be best option for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got to say Wood us playing better than I thought possible for him. Plays the wing high half forward role excellently. Knock on wood he can stay injury free and if he can I think he will have a massive year
He has always been a average player , but since being with us has shown gradual improvement each year and if he keeps up that , he will be better than the run of the mill player - a marking tall who is about the best runner in the team.

100% for me he is our best forward option. While Cordy may be slightly better pinch hitting in the ruck and Caminiti has been a revelation considering he has just been elevated from the vfl on exposed form and his attributes Sharman would be best option for me
It is going to be interesting who Ross runs with in the forward line.

I think Wood has surprised most of us. I know that he has surprised me. I thought he would be a revolving door job. Here one day, gone the next.

To his credit he's transformed himself from a fringe player to a best 22 player. He reminds me in some ways of Farren Ray who came to us with similar expectations. Lyon turned him into a good, consistent player.

It will be interesting to see what RTB does with Wood. Hopefully it will be the making of him.

It would be totally unfair on him playing round one. He may but I’d be disappointed in the coaches if he does. If him Ross and hill play who are your 5 outs from Friday?

It would be totally unfair on him playing round one. He may but I’d be disappointed in the coaches if he does. If him Ross and hill play who are your 5 outs from Friday?
I actually have not seen any of the trials , only heard what is going on by comments on here - suppose Steele , Crouch , Gresham will be the main midfielders with Windhager.

This is the line up I expect by what has been said on here

Webster - Howard - Wilkie
Sinclair - Battle - Milera
Wood - Steele - Hill
Butler - Owens - Phillpou
Higgins - Membery - Sharman

Marshall - Crouch - Gresham

Windhager / Sharman / Ross / Clark , Paton , Bytel , Byrne or Stocker

Campbell - sub

I actually have not seen any of the trials , only heard what is going on by comments on here - suppose Steele , Crouch , Gresham will be the main midfielders with Windhager.

This is the line up I expect by what has been said on here

Webster - Howard - Wilkie
Sinclair - Battle - Milera
Wood - Steele - Hill
Butler - Owens - Phillpou
Higgins - Membery - Sharman

Marshall - Crouch - Gresham

Windhager / Sharman / Ross / Clark , Paton , Bytel , Byrne or Stocker

Campbell - sub
I think cordy plays but I could understand if he didn’t. I just can’t see how Sharman passes any tall forward when Lyon must rate him as nearly our worst at the moment.

Back