Autopsy Practice Match, 2023: St.Kilda v Essendon

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • Bombers

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s only a small thing but I saw Steele sprinting to chase his opponent more times in the last practice game then he did all of last season. Couldn’t believe it when I first saw it. He wasn’t alone in that of course but he was the king of jogging while the other team was sprinting forward, I think we’re starting to see Ross’ impact already.
That’s fine but the way he played last week he probably needs to start getting the ball more. There is a balance especially for mids. There is no balance for forwards or backs. Attack and also defend.

That’s fine but the way he played last week he probably needs to start getting the ball more. There is a balance especially for mids. There is no balance for forwards or backs. Attack and also defend.
It may have just been preseason laxness but he needs to be a bit hungrier around clearance and in tight. In 2020/21 he won contests for fun so if we get that Steele and the Crouch of last year, with say an improved Clark/Gresham etc we’re gonna have a fun year. Contested ball + defensive structure = competitive in almost every game

Steele has been quiet in the preseason, but for all we know Lyon has told him to just save it all for round 1.
He's in the team no matter what he does in the practice games.
( Also Steele is a bit of a quiet achiever, if you don't write down his stats you miss them , but he's sure as hell doing stuff ).

Steele has been quiet in the preseason, but for all we know Lyon has told him to just save it all for round 1.
He's in the team no matter what he does in the practice games.
( Also Steele is a bit of a quiet achiever, if you don't write down his stats you miss them , but he's sure as hell doing stuff ).
There are a few posters here - Dard Ball Get for example who reckon there is seriously something wrong with
Steele - mainly related to his massive weight loss over the summer. It's a fascinating watch as xxx would say.

There are a few posters here - Dard Ball Get for example who reckon there is seriously something wrong with
Steele - mainly related to his massive weight loss over the summer. It's a fascinating watch as xxx would say.

He needs a steak.

George why don’t I get notifications when Sun mentions me
Nah but for real, if you bothered to search IP's of all posters like we discussed last year, you'd have your answer. I put it down to a lack of work ethic. It's seems like this is a you problem.

this computer stuff getting a bit much for you buddy
technology-old.gif

Sad, sad state of affairs in the backwaters of WA today.

Nah but for real, if you bothered to search IP's of all posters like we discussed last year, you'd have your answer. I put it down to a lack of work ethic. It's seems like this is a you problem.
I think its more to do with he thought they said train and asked for a slow one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else have a really calm, assured, familiar feeling about our gamestyle yesterday? I had so many flashbacks from over a decade ago, knowing after the first ten minutes that we've got it worked out and going to strangle them. Some of the defensive exits and releases of pressure were familiar too.

I think this will be a good year. People think we might not have the cattle, but I have a feeling we could manage 6th spot.

Who's with me? Another week, another strangulation like days of yore. Even when we were down by a few goals I thought nah, we've got this.

Anyone else have a really calm, assured, familiar feeling about our gamestyle yesterday? I had so many flashbacks from over a decade ago, knowing after the first ten minutes that we've got it worked out and going to strangle them. Some of the defensive exits and releases of pressure were familiar too.

I think this will be a good year. People think we might not have the cattle, but I have a feeling we could manage 6th spot.

6th spot, finals secured... call me Nostradamus. Turned it around from the very first practice match. We're in great hands with RTB and the assistants.

Essendon lost by so much that they've resurrected the past. Let's not let goal umpires and Bevo distract us from just how pathetic Essendon are when finals come knocking. How many decades since they have won a final now? Pretty sure in was before Sheedy started to look like a boiled Christmas ham in chinos in the late 90s.

They should have folded after the writing was on the wall in this praccy.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think they tried. I remember Robbo was spewing on 360 at the start of the year about how the Saimts and others were taking the game on and how Essendon were saying they weren't ready just yet, but then they started to win some, lifted the lid, but turned out they had * all in the can hahaha

Essendon lost by so much that they've resurrected the past. Let's not let goal umpires and Bevo distract us from just how pathetic Essendon are when finals come knocking. How many decades since they have won a final now? Pretty sure in was before Sheedy started to look like a boiled Christmas ham in chinos in the late 90s.

3OuwONi.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone on the Sunday footy show (maybe Lloydy) was talking about how Scott has been downplaying the bombers for a few weeks "their young, were building" etc etc. basically trying everything possible to take the pressure of finals off them and it seems like it worked.

They didnt give a s**t about anything on Saturday.

A little bit of pressure in the game is a good thing.

Back