• Very Disappointing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Horrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll reserve my thoughts till the end of the season.

I'm not going to let one bad loss cloud my judgement.

My views are formed over 2 and a bit seasons. I am just over it, something has to give. We cant accept such crap or we will become a nothing club. We pride ourself on everything that this coach isn't doing

I'm not one for sacking coaches mid way through the season since it can disturb the playing group and takes a while for the new coach to get his game plan settled in.

But you feel if you guys lose to Port and Brisbane (Next 2 games) Scott would be in some serious trouble.

Cannot afford to lose either of them but probably won't.

Either way, Good luck with the rest of the year.

Hope North make the 8, Gives me a team to root for in the finals :thumbsu:

This thread is a joke. He can coach and he is a super man manager, if anything we need to look at the assistants and his support team. I'm sticking with him because I know he has wat it takes - bad losses are more significant the big wins and it's part of the journey this group will go on together. Ziebell has played 50 games - at then the rest. It's one game.

This thread is a joke. He can coach and he is a super man manager, if anything we need to look at the assistants and his support team. I'm sticking with him because I know he has wat it takes - bad losses are more significant the big wins and it's part of the journey this group will go on together. Ziebell has played 50 games - at then the rest. It's one game.

Let's keep Donald until we get his boy to put pen to paper with us...and then let's think about pissing him off ;)

Dont think the game plan should be shelved but it shouldnt be the be all end all. Still haven't got the decision making/disposal at an acceptable level on a consistent basis to execute it 24/7.

That being said, our defensive work at stoppages has been abysmal, and was the highlight of our win against Geelong, not the handball and carry IMO.

Intensity was way off and a lot of senior blokes bar Hunter need to have a look at themsleves.

Gee we need Scotty Mac.

Dont think the game plan should be shelved but it shouldnt be the be all end all. Still haven't got the decision making/disposal at an acceptable level on a consistent basis to execute it 24/7.

That being said, our defensive work at stoppages has been abysmal, and was the highlight of our win against Geelong, not the handball and carry IMO.

Intensity was way off and a lot of senior blokes bar Hunter need to have a look at themsleves.

Gee we need Scotty Mac.

There is nothing wrong with a handball happy game plan when the opposition is zone/press happy as you can always handball over the 'overlap' because someone is always running to space.

Playing zone means you are defending a space so there is always gaps to exploit.

The problem we are facing lately is when the opposition goes man to man we don't have a plan B against one on one pressure.

No wonder our hard ball gets stats look insipid because plan A has been hammered into our boys so much, that any half intelligent opposition coach can just man us up and he knows we will go to water..

B Scott better start teaching a game plan B and C otherwise he will need to be looking on SEEK.com for a new job..

Gee we need Scotty Mac.

And how.

Come on griffy, he was clearly out coached today.

So why, after winning the clearances 42-32 and contested possessions 177-123, did we only win by 3 goals?

You guys looked dangerous when you got your handball going, you spread well and often got an uncontested mark in the forward 50 as a result. We had to work a lot harder for our goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So why, after winning the clearances 42-32 and contested possessions 177-123, did we only win by 3 goals?

Umm...the Dogs really have an average forward line. Sure we would take some of your older mids in a heartbeat but your forward line is even worse than ours.

The outcoached thing can be summed up by seeing Gia standing 55m out from goal and dragging Scotty T away from the play.

You guys looked dangerous when you got your handball going, you spread well and often got an uncontested mark in the forward 50 as a result. We had to work a lot harder for our goals.

Stop it!

You guys were licking your lips waiting for the errant handball to swoop on and get an easy link up going the other way.

I knew we wouldn't win early into the 2nd quarter (pretty much when Lindsay shinned a point blank goal into a blundered point) because we were scratching and biting to get our goals and we couldn't kick the easy ones, yet you guys seemed to kick them with relative ease from us making forced errors.

Our midfield made me look like Nostrodamus today.

The amount of times I predicted the play from the centre bounce was uncanny.

What coach with any f....ing idea sets up with Griffin being given space on the outside? A dumbarse is who.

Now don't blame the players for not being able to execute, becasue they way they set up in the middle is a coach driven thing.

Maybe we have all been sucked in by the media savyness of B Scott? Terry Wallace Mark II?

We only needed to accomplish two things today, not give Griffen and Murphy any time and space and we win.

But no dumbarse let's them wander around unchecked.

No offence, but you guys are a middle of the road side at best.

It's indicative that you view our spread as being good and the contested possession stat is damning for us.

It's kind of pointless having great spread if you aren't getting enough of the hardball and when our delivery into the forward 50 is ordinary, then we will get burnt on the rebound.

Simply, the balance between hard ball won and spread is out of whack.

We really look like essendon under Matthew knights, its up to brad Scott to accept what are doing is not right and fix it, or be gone.

Interesting point. So who is our James Hird and Mark Thompson ?

I'll reserve my thoughts till the end of the season.

I'm not going to let one bad loss cloud my judgement.

I said Brad Scott was not much chop 12 months ago and nearly got carded for it:eek:

Surely not? If people get carded for just having a view this website would be as strict as China or North Korea! I would shocked if that's true

There was a bloke in the Triple M box today who would be a great coach if he had his off field s**t straight-W. Carey. His comments were spot on all day. FWIW our fitness is terrible.
We get outrun every week. And Brad Scott, coralling opposition playersw doesnt force a turnover-its bludging off your man.

The difference between rounds 1-3 and 4-7 is obvious.
Run or lack thereof
Pressure or lack thereof
Top liners form or lack thereof
I think a lot of this "Sack-the-coach" and "the-game plan-is-crap" talk comes from serious North people forgetting that this is a work in progress.
People are mistaking poor form for a lack of development and game plan(and therefore coaching) inadequacy.
There is nothing wrong with the game plan. It is just not being executed properly. It needs a very high work ethic to function consistently - but tell me a game plan which thrives on a low work rate.
Rounds 1-3 saw tremendous amount of handball receives by players on the move and not under pressure because they were moving. Thats work rate.
The alternative since round 4 has been lots of handball receives by stationary players under pressure. The initiators of these handballs have also been
stationary and also under pressure because they are stationary.
Our uncontested run and carry has not been worked out. It has been
outworked
The level of pressure we are exerting on opposition teams rounds 1-3 was red hot and luke warm since round 4. Today it was stone cold.
The coach is being criticized for his game plan, his selection and his decision to play the kids.
I can't see that he has much of a choice but to play the kids. I think his development of Jmac, Harps, Atley, Cunnington and Bastinac has been sensational this year. Last year he brought on Ziebell, Goldstein and Adams. And they have been conspicuous by the absence since round 3
Which brings us to real heart of the problem.
Look at our best and fairest last year. Swallow, Wells, Petrie, Goldstein, Adams. Since round 3, Swallow is the only member of the group who is able to hold his head up. Wells has been shockingly bad - his last month has been a reversion to his pre-2011 form. Petrie and Harvey have both been emmensely disappointing and Ziebells s**t form hurts us every week.. Goldstein has gone from virtual AA form last year to woeful.
The kids haven't been that bad but any team can only play as well as it's leaders.
This is a very young group(whether this board likes it or not) and that is not Brad Scott's fault.
We have seen how blistering our best footy can be this season(and it's better than 2011). We have also now seen how deplorable our worst is and none of our losses have been huge. There is still so much upside to this team this year but we need 50 more games into the kids. We should still make the eight this year because of the quality of our seniors and sporadic brilliance of our kids.
I think everyone should take a deep breath and watch the next 10 weeks.
If Scott can't coax back the heroic work rate of rounds 1-3 and if our very best players continue to play like crap, then we can all agree that MAYBE we
have a problem.
But if the work rate of the early rounds comes back and the form of the leaders returns to it's 2011 standards then this whole thread will seem pretty
silly.

The difference between rounds 1-3 and 4-7 is obvious.
Run or lack thereof
Pressure or lack thereof
Top liners form or lack thereof
I think a lot of this "Sack-the-coach" and "the-game plan-is-crap" talk comes from serious North people forgetting that this is a work in progress.
People are mistaking poor form for a lack of development and game plan(and therefore coaching) inadequacy.
There is nothing wrong with the game plan. It is just not being executed properly. It needs a very high work ethic to function consistently - but tell me a game plan which thrives on a low work rate.
Rounds 1-3 saw tremendous amount of handball receives by players on the move and not under pressure because they were moving. Thats work rate.
The alternative since round 4 has been lots of handball receives by stationary players under pressure. The initiators of these handballs have also been
stationary and also under pressure because they are stationary.
Our uncontested run and carry has not been worked out. It has been
outworked
The level of pressure we are exerting on opposition teams rounds 1-3 was red hot and luke warm since round 4. Today it was stone cold.
The coach is being criticized for his game plan, his selection and his decision to play the kids.
I can't see that he has much of a choice but to play the kids. I think his development of Jmac, Harps, Atley, Cunnington and Bastinac has been sensational this year. Last year he brought on Ziebell, Goldstein and Adams. And they have been conspicuous by the absence since round 3
Which brings us to real heart of the problem.
Look at our best and fairest last year. Swallow, Wells, Petrie, Goldstein, Adams. Since round 3, Swallow is the only member of the group who is able to hold his head up. Wells has been shockingly bad - his last month has been a reversion to his pre-2011 form. Petrie and Harvey have both been emmensely disappointing and Ziebells s**t form hurts us every week.. Goldstein has gone from virtual AA form last year to woeful.
The kids haven't been that bad but any team can only play as well as it's leaders.
This is a very young group(whether this board likes it or not) and that is not Brad Scott's fault.
We have seen how blistering our best footy can be this season(and it's better than 2011). We have also now seen how deplorable our worst is and none of our losses have been huge. There is still so much upside to this team this year but we need 50 more games into the kids. We should still make the eight this year because of the quality of our seniors and sporadic brilliance of our kids.
I think everyone should take a deep breath and watch the next 10 weeks.
If Scott can't coax back the heroic work rate of rounds 1-3 and if our very best players continue to play like crap, then we can all agree that MAYBE we
have a problem.
But if the work rate of the early rounds comes back and the form of the leaders returns to it's 2011 standards then this whole thread will seem pretty
silly.

Goldy will not have any excuses now about game time with H out......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back