Premier Lg EPL Matchday 13 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Some very tasty fixtures here.

We should be beating Brentford, hopefully Odegaard is back after the break.

City Liverpool is huge, a draw would be nice. Spurs v Villa will be a good watch too, wouldn't surprise me if Villa took all the points there.

Chelsea Newcastle is tasty too.
Villa are sneakily in the title race right now haha.

International break, easy win after.
Can’t disagree with you.

I’m more interested in seeing what you have to say during the game rather than watching it at least you’re entertaining.

Great, really needed a international break after such a long season.

Surprises of the season so far.

Man City are only 1 point clear on top
Liverpool have the joint best defensive record (yeah, I had to rub my eyes and look again)
Man U with a - 3 GD are still above Newcastle with a +14 GD
Everton are not in a relegation battle, and have the same GD as Man U.
Harry Maguire is the most effective long ball player in the league

Some very tasty fixtures here.

We should be beating Brentford, hopefully Odegaard is back after the break.

City Liverpool is huge, a draw would be nice. Spurs v Villa will be a good watch too, wouldn't surprise me if Villa took all the points there.

Chelsea Newcastle is tasty too.
It's an interesting one.

Villa have won 13 league games in a row at home which is actually quite incredible.

However the away form this season has been average, not necessarily poor (Newcastle game aside) but not getting results.

Tottenham are really there for the taking. Villa have the personnel to expose them as well with their high-line and current personnel. Fairly positive about it but it's always a cautious positivity away from home.

I'd also add in my 25 years supporting Villa this is the first time I actually think they're genuinely one of the four best sides in the league, so Champions League should absolutely be an attainable goal. There's been other times (2 or 3 maybe) where Villa have threatened the top four but it was always an uphill battle and the feeling was the personnel wasn't quite good enough to do it, which always proved true. Hopefully this time.. would be awesome to see Villa in the Champions League.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should be taking points of Newcastle with their injuries atm.

Should take care of Newcastle
We've got them at a good time given their depleted state. Still, St. James' is never an easy away trip, they did beat Arsenal despite their injuries after all.

I honestly get the feeling Ten Hag is toast if United lose @ Goodison Park..
I think the only way they sack him is if they drop out of the CL and then instantly get knocked out of EL while they remain out of contention for top 4.
If he gets them top 4 in the league and nothing else, he will keep his job (barely). Or if he misses top 4, but they get a trophy that gets them Europe he keeps his job.

But no top 4, no trophies and a poor showing in Europe and he won't last the season.

And as poor as the media keeps saying United have been, they are only 5 points off 4th spot with 4th and 5th playing each other after the international break.
Beat Everton and Spurs/Villa draw, and United will have won 5/6 games and could be 3 points behind 4th which is hardly the disaster everyone is making it out to be. United should be doing better, but its not like they are sitting in 12th.

ETH's troubles at United do seem overplayed a little in the media.

He's had to deal with Sancho going rogue, the Anthony fallout and a number of other issues. He doesn't have them in the bottom half or anything like that.

Don't see why Utd wouldn't stick with him for at least one uninteruppted pre season.

He's had to deal with Sancho going rogue, the Anthony fallout and a number of other issues. He doesn't have them in the bottom half or anything like that.

Don't see why Utd wouldn't stick with him for at least one uninteruppted pre season.

When did Sancho go rogue?

I think the only way they sack him is if they drop out of the CL and then instantly get knocked out of EL while they remain out of contention for top 4.
If he gets them top 4 in the league and nothing else, he will keep his job (barely). Or if he misses top 4, but they get a trophy that gets them Europe he keeps his job.

But no top 4, no trophies and a poor showing in Europe and he won't last the season.

And as poor as the media keeps saying United have been, they are only 5 points off 4th spot with 4th and 5th playing each other after the international break.
Beat Everton and Spurs/Villa draw, and United will have won 5/6 games and could be 3 points behind 4th which is hardly the disaster everyone is making it out to be. United should be doing better, but its not like they are sitting in 12th.

United will be gone from the CL if they lose to Gala in a couple of weeks.

United's league position could be false. They have only scored 13 goals with a -3 goal difference. Between them, Rashford, Hojlund, Antony, Martial and Garnacho have only scored one PL goal this season. They have scraped a few wins by late goals against bottom half opponents but got spankings off City, Arsenal, Spurs and Brighton. It's more likely they will finish 7th or 8th than top 4.

There's rumours that Casemiro, Varane, Sancho and even Bruno might be switching to Saudi.

He's a manager, his job is to manage his players.

He needs to resolve whatever is going on with Sancho.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back