EPL Matchday 2 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was pretty sh*t myself, but I'm guessing a lot of people in England blame him for that loss. Not just Chelsea fans.
Pretty sure it was racially based just like it was with Goodes…let’s not kid ourselves

Yeah I dunno, people can yell and boo all they like. I'm not a booer but you paid your money knock yourself out.

Throwing stuff whether it's bottles, bananas , anything etc is just not on.

That's conflating a few different things.

Why were the Chelsea fans booing Saka? Was it racist - then why not boo Arsenal's other black players? Or because he missed a crucial penalty for England in the Euro final? Or because he's been getting sentimentally clapped? Who knows.

Throwing stuff at players is not on but there were no bananas. James got a reaction from the Arsenal fans because he goaded them after his goal.

Why were the Chelsea fans booing Saka? Was it racist - then why not boo Arsenal's other black players? Or because he missed a crucial penalty for England in the Euro final? Or because he's been getting sentimentally clapped? Who knows.

Throwing stuff at players is not on but there were no bananas. James got a reaction from the Arsenal fans because he goaded them after his goal.
So if the bottle hit him he would have got what he deserved?

If a celebration like that makes you want to throw something you shouldn't be going to football games. Sorry I just dont see it as goading . He celebrated and he's allowed to do that.

Jesus Christ. Suggesting something can't be racially motivated unless it's racist to everyone possible is such a weird take.

Bloody hell, looking forward to playing Arsenal if that's the space Arnold is given on the right.
View attachment 1214831
200.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reality was that Arsenal was still tactically inept this morning and barley landed a blow on Chelsea. Not only should they have scored more but the second half they had so many gears still in reserve, and did what they needed to do to see out the result. Although I felt it should’ve been a penalty to Saka.

At the same time, I don’t think Arsenal would be as timid and weak with the best XI available. Doesn’t mean we automatically win, however the performance surely isn’t as bad. 5 first team players is a lot at once for any team, however the excuses are running thin now under Arteta (Cedric and Mari are his signings) and there’s little room to hide under if this continues.
I do agree that you guys had 5 first team players out but for me this shows how poor the Arsenal squad has become.

Without those five guys you've barely put up a whimper and could genuinely be in a relegation fight if those guys werent returning. That's in stark contrast to say your traditional rivals, the top clubs like City, Liverpool, Chelsea, United etc who IMO missing 5 first teamers would still be fine and challenge for top four spots.

Tough times ahead I think for Arsenal. Will certainly be interesting to see how they go this season.

I do agree that you guys had 5 first team players out but for me this shows how poor the Arsenal squad has become.

Without those five guys you've barely put up a whimper and could genuinely be in a relegation fight if those guys werent returning. That's in stark contrast to say your traditional rivals, the top clubs like City, Liverpool, Chelsea, United etc who IMO missing 5 first teamers would still be fine and challenge for top four spots.

Tough times ahead I think for Arsenal. Will certainly be interesting to see how they go this season.
Chelsea and City yes. Liverpool and United it would depend on the players

We had so many players out last season and still finished 3rd. Which was half a decent squad and half excellement management. Two things Arsenal dont have at the moment.
Take out Salah and Mane and i doubt you get enough goals to finish top 4.

Bloody hell, looking forward to playing Arsenal if that's the space Arnold is given on the right.
View attachment 1214831
I mean if you had Pablo Mari in the middle of that defence... wouldn't you be running across to cover the easier shot on goal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back