EPL Matchday 29 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Allan dived in both feet off the ground with no control and made contact with his studs. A red card was the right call.

Great result though. Will probably still need to beat Watford and Brentford and hope to scrape some results in a couple of other fixtures but this makes staying up a lot easier.

This won't be applied consistently, Rodri or Fernandinho could do this stuff and barely get carded.
Fernandinho gets a yellow every time he plays by law.

But it must just be us that makes professional fouls, because I see them every time I watch a game and it never gets highlighted any other time.

You are condoning it because you don’t see anything wrong with what Son did.
No. I don’t think it was Son’s tackle that was the cause of the injury. Colliding with Aurier did that.
You didn’t at the time either.
Gave you a sad react so you can go back in time and read. Other Spurs fans at the time of the game argued the incident. I said nothing.

My only comments on the game from what I can see were about a BS var call.

No. I don’t think it was Son’s tackle that was the cause of the injury. Colliding with Aurier did that.

Gave you a sad react so you can go back in time and read. Other Spurs fans at the time of the game argued the incident. I said nothing.

My only comments on the game from what I can see were about a BS var call.

Haven’t you changed usernames like 3 times? I don’t remember, but most of you Spurs fans all look the same :D

When he elbowed the Newcastle player in the head, yes.

Ah yeah players who are often known as experts on the laws of the game, ok.

I don't even know why Everton fans are melting about this when they won the game.

Hope that Newcastle player rests in peace, such a vicious “elbow” and I can’t believe that he died instantly. Because I really CBF, please show me a photo or video clip where he has braces his arm and pointed his elbow to strike it, which is what an elbow is. Please?

It’s a miracle that so many players survive, let alone keep playing from inadvertent arms/elbows when challenging for the ball in the air or on the ground.

There’s no melting, it’s calling out a poor decision that always goes against the non top-4 clubs.

He supports Everton too though, what do you have to say about that? Not like he is being biased either.

Being a referee I’m sure his professionalism over the years would mean any bias is limited, even now. But again, it’s 1 guys opinion. Haven’t seen many others yet as I’ve been working all day and not seen much of a fallout, but what I’ve seen so far is 90% of any type of expert saying it wasn’t the right call. Social media and fans including neutrals probably around 60-70%+ saying it wasn’t a red.

Hope that Newcastle player rests in peace, such a vicious “elbow” and I can’t believe that he died instantly. Because I really CBF, please show me a photo or video clip where he has braces his arm and pointed his elbow to strike it, which is what an elbow is. Please?

It’s a miracle that so many players survive, let alone keep playing from inadvertent arms/elbows when challenging for the ball in the air or on the ground.

There’s no melting, it’s calling out a poor decision that always goes against the non top-4 clubs.

Being a referee I’m sure his professionalism over the years would mean any bias is limited, even now. But again, it’s 1 guys opinion. Haven’t seen many others yet as I’ve been working all day and not seen much of a fallout, but what I’ve seen so far is 90% of any type of expert saying it wasn’t the right call. Social media and fans including neutrals probably around 60-70%+ saying it wasn’t a red.

Just get over it mate, you won the game, why are you still carrying on about this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not particularly because I don't care as much as you clearly do.

You care enough to post multiple times about it saying you agree and are now currently pulling the Moomba have to have the last post card and not addressing what was brought up.

Post doucoure’s malicious elbow or stop posting, then I can too :)

You care enough to post multiple times about it saying you agree and are now currently pulling the Moomba have to have the last post card and not addressing what was brought up.

Post doucoure’s malicious elbow or stop posting, then I can too :)

After realising you ****ed up with Gero you've come back for another go at a discussion that ended this morning, in order to try to have the last word, and are now accusing me of having the last word? Lol jog on.

After realising you f’ed up with Gero you've come back for another go at a discussion that ended this morning, in order to try to have the last word, and are now accusing me of having the last word? Lol jog on.

Ok

Didn’t know I wasn’t allowed to post for something involving my team after clearly stating that I worked all day

Last edited:
View attachment 1347930

You can't tell me that VAR didn't referee that game last night. He's 10m away, perfect vision of the incident and somehow he changed his mind.

The same VAR referee gave this one the all clear earlier this season. All we want is consistency…

9ED6B75C-375D-48CE-9B2A-6FA9941AE858.jpeg

Everton appealed the red card and the punishment but were knocked back.

Is this now the standard for cynical tackles in the Premier League? We are going to see games finish with 10 or 9 on each side.

Everton appealed the red card and the punishment but were knocked back.

Is this now the standard for cynical tackles in the Premier League? We are going to see games finish with 10 or 9 on each side.
I think we’ll find that, much like the Niasse incident, this is a one-off decision against Everton.

Niasse was retrospectively banned after diving to win a penalty. This law then mysteriously vanished and no other player received this punishment. To top it off, it wasn’t even a clear cut dive. Meanwhile Salah was winning pens left and right with some of the most outrageous acting performances.

I’m sure every club feels like they don’t get the rub of the green but it takes the biscuit at Everton. Players will be cynically brought down all weekend and the offenders will get the standard yellow card.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back