Premier Lg EPL Matchday 34, 35 & 36 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

For all the money Liverpool have spent in the last few years they still rely on the old guard to do the heavy lifting. Gakpo, Diaz, Nunez, Konate and Sboz really not showing enough consistently to say they belong in a title chasing side.
Does make you wonder how they are in a title chasing side, doesn’t it?

It does tbh. Think we know they've been a bit lucky and digging out the wins, but still relying on the old guard as I said to get them through.
Gakpo, Diaz and Nunez have 25 goals this year. Behind Salah.

Hardly awful.

But I get your point.

More than I would have thought, but 6 isn't enough for Gakpo really. And we all know about the scattergun from Uruguay.
Yeah I get your point, I think our average finishing (Jota aside) obscures the sheer volume of chances we create.

If you believe in xG (I don’t put too much faith in it) we're about 7-8 goals ahead of Arsenal and Man City.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I get your point, I think our average finishing (Jota aside) obscures the sheer volume of chances we create.

If you believe in xG (I don’t put too much faith in it) we're about 7-8 goals ahead of Arsenal and Man City.
Arne Slots not gonna play in the same way as Klopp but I think Liverpool would look excellent with all their winger/strikers if they got Cunha from Wolves. I think he could end up a better version of Firmino which Liverpool needs. If Salah moves on then it depends what type of RW they go for.

Just another ultimately meaningless stat.. Liverpool have hit the woodwork twice more that Arsenal and Man City combined. (26 vs 11 and 11)
Not hitting the target is bad football of course.

Was wondering when you were going to pipe in with that. ;)
I'm chipper, cheerful and in one of those moods tonight.
Been to Princes Park and the G and seen two wins. Happy weekend.

We’re getting ready to play the Slot Machine TM next year.
Shaun The Sheep What GIF by Aardman Animations

Welcome to the leaderboard SC. Try harder and you can take the lead!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back