Bradesmaen

TheBrownDog
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
What do yellow cards have to do with the red card you suggested he would get?

Don't think I'm the one being contrary.
See in soccer there is this rule that if you get two yellows in a game, you get a red.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, WCW
Imagine having a conversation about an opinion on a football forum and not using ad hominem when you get called out and can't justify your take.

Would be nice.

Guess that's not for everyone.

jd2010

#ENICOut #LevyOut
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
For anyone who has watched him regularly it's a terrible take.

For an Everton fan who saw his crazy violence towards richarlison I can understand thinking he is nuts.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams

For an Everton fan who saw his crazy violence towards richarlison I can understand thinking he is nuts.

Would hope anyone forming an opinion on a player relies on more than one game but I guess sometimes that's all people look at, then dig in.

After all, then he should be going on about that menace Son as well. ;)

omgfridge

dark
Apr 10, 2011
south of the river
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham, 49ers & Scorchers
Been a good decision to stay up and watch so far.

Was definitely nervy when I saw no Romero and an early Sanchez blunder but been all solid since.

Kulu just has something about him, makes things happen.

jd2010

#ENICOut #LevyOut
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Would hope anyone forming an opinion on a player relies on more than one game but I guess sometimes that's all people look at, then dig in.

After all, then he should be going on about that menace Son as well. ;)
2 months ago it wouldn't have been that bad a take. Even conte said he was nuts and would have to help him get less yellows. But he has controlled it so well of late and really does look like he could become one of the best CBs in the league

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bushrangers, AC Milan, Tottenham

He made the TOTS squad having missed 3 months. Injury free next season and he’ll make the team.
3 guns from Juve in a season.

Bradesmaen

TheBrownDog
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams

He's had a fair old history in Serie A as well. 35 yellows and 3 reds in 88 games. Obviously he's no Joey Barton, but he tows the line on aggression and this is a derby game. Just look at Rob Holding there. It's not a terrible take to suggest someone who takes a high number of yellow cards in a derby game may potentially step over the mark.

Play the post, not the poster unlike SM who is just a constant contrarian campaigner to specific people on this forum.

jd2010

#ENICOut #LevyOut
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
He's had a fair old history in Serie A as well. 35 yellows and 3 reds in 88 games. Obviously he's no Joey Barton, but he tows the line on aggression and this is a derby game. Just look at Rob Holding there. It's not a terrible take to suggest someone who takes a high number of yellow cards in a derby game may potentially step over the mark.

Play the post, not the poster unlike SM who is just a constant contrarian campaigner to specific people on this forum.
Can't judge solely off what was done previously under previous managers. Conte called it out as an issue and over the last 2 months it's far more restrained and responsible.

Bradesmaen

TheBrownDog
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Can't judge solely off what was done previously under previous managers. Conte called it out as an issue and over the last 2 months it's far more restrained and responsible.
Other managers told him to get yellow cards?

I know the last two months he's been better and maybe it's an adjustment phase from Serie A to EPL

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams

He hasn't had a single red this season so thinking it's 'good' he's not playing in the off-chance he could get a red card is bizarre. It has nothing to do with who posted it, but your response when I suggested it was a bad take compared with your response to Jd saying an identical thing is telling. Ironic that you think I'm the one who plays the poster when I've said nothing about you and only criticised the opinion.

Meanwhile wives, sad lives, etc. are all free reign for you apparently.

jd2010

#ENICOut #LevyOut
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Other managers told him to get yellow cards?

I know the last two months he's been better and maybe it's an adjustment phase from Serie A to EPL
Gasperini had him play as the middle Cb stepping out and breaking attacks. It lead to a lot of his yellows. It was something a Spurs pod deep dived into when we signed him. Saying it was very much part of the role he was asked to play with their aggressive back 3 and the role he had to play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad