Premier Lg EPL Matchday 37 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine you come to manage a club that hasn't won a trophy for almost two decades

You do your best to bring in a winning culture to the club, you know it is going to take years to cultivate but you try your best

You come up against the best side in the competition at home, a perfect opportunity to really test your side against the greatest in the competition

Then, for the whole game, you have blokes over your shoulder screaming at you to tank the game, and people in the crowd celebrating away team goals, all because of "the rivalry"

You go on to lose the game 0-2 and your fans are pleased with the result

How would you feel 30 minutes after that?
He himself said champions league doesn’t mean anything and only winning trophies does. So what perfect way to exemplify that than not worrying about a champions league spot and potentially denying your most bitter rival their first major trophy in 20 years

He himself said champions league doesn’t mean anything and only winning trophies does. So what perfect way to exemplify that than not worrying about a champions league spot and potentially denying your most bitter rival their first major trophy in 20 years
Last I checked we’ve won a few trophies in the last 20 years.

I wish it was their first major trophy in 20 years.

now we know why tottenham couldn't score yesterday

the fans kept shifting the goal posts

bazinga

The FA Cup is good enough to be considered part of the treble but not good enough for the Tottenham fan who’s seen his club win 1 Mickey Mouse cup in his lifetime

Nice to know you have zero big boy trophies in that case
Exactly. And neither do Arsenal in the last 20 years all things going well over the weekend

If Man Utd win the FA cup this year and Man City the Premier league are we honestly saying both teams have enjoyed equal success this season? I’m not seeing many Pep out articles in the newspapers…

Will say there’s the opportunity for this to go ultimate spursy still.

Fans happy to lose and miss the champions league to stop Arsenal winning the league. Only for West Ham to twist the knife and get a result against City and Arsenal win the title anyway, while Spurs lose to the bottom of the league side and Chelsea leapfrog them on the table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Major big boys trophies
Premier League title and Champions League the only 2 that really count

You’ve copped flak for this call but you’re not wrong. It’s sad but it’s the reality. Wenger was winning the FA Cup every year at one stage and was still getting hounded out.

You’ve copped flak for this call but you’re not wrong. It’s sad but it’s the reality. Wenger was winning the FA Cup every year at one stage and was still getting hounded out.
I think it was the lack of any trophy between 2005 and 2014 that didn't help Wenger. Not including the community shield either, as much as Jod likes it.

I think it was the lack of any trophy between 2005 and 2014 that didn't help Wenger. Not including the community shield either, as much as Jod likes it.

Yeah I know but he won 3 FA Cups in a row after that and most fans still wanted him gone. That definitely wouldn’t have been the case if it was 3 league titles or champions leagues.

All trophies are valuable but it’s only the league and champions league that have the prestige to the “top” clubs.

Yeah I know but he won 3 FA Cups in a row after that and most fans still wanted him gone. That definitely wouldn’t have been the case if it was 3 league titles or champions leagues.

All trophies are valuable but it’s only the league and champions league that have the prestige to the “top” clubs.
Well League titles are 100% different to an FA Cup which can be won through a bit of a luck of the draw. Wigan made the final in 2013 after playing just Everton (less said the better about that debacle) as the only top flight side. To win the league you have to beat the best of the best. Add to that the constant R16 losses in the Champions League and it was wearing for a team that only 10 years before was the best in England. Not saying it's right, especially as a an Everton supporter who would love to even be near that situation at the moment, but unfortunately this is the world we live in now where Arsenal and Man United fans seem to expect to be winning trophies as if it was some divine right.

The real issue was we had a number of chances to win the league in that time, and all it took was one more decent player brought in and the club wouldn't do it.

Or other times it was really bad luck to key players the Eduardo broken leg) that killed momentum.
Not including the fact we should have won the title the year Leicester won it, but all we did that season if I remember correctly was bring in Cech when we were short a CM and an ST.
Wenger and the club did some exceptional things, but at times were too stubborn to make the needed changes.

People can shit on Arteta all they want, he isn't afraid to make changes that are initially unpopular with the fans like bringing in Raya and demoting Ramsdale etc.

Spurs fans get upset for misinterpreting his comments about the CL …and then cheer for losing their last chance to qualify for the CL?? Ange is right …fragile as f***

Remove this Banner Ad

Back