Premier Lg EPL Matchday 37 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

The real issue was we had a number of chances to win the league in that time, and all it took was one more decent player brought in and the club wouldn't do it.

Or other times it was really bad luck to key players the Eduardo broken leg) that killed momentum.
Not including the fact we should have won the title the year Leicester won it, but all we did that season if I remember correctly was bring in Cech when we were short a CM and an ST.
Wenger and the club did some exceptional things, but at times were too stubborn to make the needed changes.

People can s**t on Arteta all they want, he isn't afraid to make changes that are initially unpopular with the fans like bringing in Raya and demoting Ramsdale etc.
Not sure his replacement of Ramsdale for Raya has actually worked TBH, personal opinion but Raya has made 3 mistakes leading to goals (highest at Arsenal), including costing Arsenal 2 points against Newcastle. Now I know there was VAR questions on that, but it came from a Raya mistake. 2 points and you're winning the title this weekend.

Not sure his replacement of Ramsdale for Raya has actually worked TBH, personal opinion but Raya has made 3 mistakes leading to goals (highest at Arsenal), including costing Arsenal 2 points against Newcastle. Now I know there was VAR questions on that, but it came from a Raya mistake. 2 points and you're winning the title this weekend.
I think the dropped points against Fulham and Villa is costing us worse than the bad VAR decision at Newcastle.

Could honestly see Ange at Bayern the season after next if this debacle keeps up.

Would take him in a heartbeat at Dortmund.

Honestly, I’d rather beat RBL and Schalke win the Bundesliga, than throwing a game so our rivals didn’t win. That’s a piss weak attitude.
The whole Spurs not wanting to win is going to look even worse if WHU get a result at City and Arsenal win the league that way.

The whole Spurs not wanting to win is going to look even worse if WHU get a result at City and Arsenal win the league that way.
And palace beat villa.

Praying for it.

Could honestly see Ange at Bayern the season after next if this debacle keeps up.

Would take him in a heartbeat at Dortmund.

Honestly, I’d rather beat RBL and Schalke win the Bundesliga, than throwing a game so our rivals didn’t win. That’s a piss weak attitude.

I'd agree but Ange doesn't seem like the kind of guy to quit that easy

Ramsdale lacks the concentration, he's admitted it himself. Costed us a lot towards the end of last season.

Raya may not be perfect, but he is a better fit for this team. His aerial ability is superb, and is distribution is vital to the way we play. Somewhere Ramsdale is lacking in both departments.

Exactly. And neither do Arsenal in the last 20 years all things going well over the weekend

If Man Utd win the FA cup this year and Man City the Premier league are we honestly saying both teams have enjoyed equal success this season? I’m not seeing many Pep out articles in the newspapers…
What an utterly terrible comparison.

And an even worse attempt at trying to prove your point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ramsdale lacks the concentration, he's admitted it himself. Costed us a lot towards the end of last season.

Raya may not be perfect, but he is a better fit for this team. His aerial ability is superb, and is distribution is vital to the way we play. Somewhere Ramsdale is lacking in both departments.
What? He's not great on corners, better than Vicario but that is his weakness.

You’ve copped flak for this call but you’re not wrong. It’s sad but it’s the reality. Wenger was winning the FA Cup every year at one stage and was still getting hounded out.
100% it’s right.
There are 2 big trophies every year and then a couple of cup competitions on the side to top it off which sides generally field weakened teams for until the quarter finals. Unless you’re winning the big ones, it’s generally not going to be considered a successful season for the big dogs.

What? He's not great on corners, better than Vicario but that is his weakness.
His weakness isn't corners, his weakness which was found out just before the Chelsea draw, was he loves to be really far off his line meaning he can be chipped. But crosses and corners he usually is pretty strong.

Which time? Villa beat you twice remember
The match at Arsenal. When they beat us at Villa they were in insane form and beat City either the match before or the match after.
But the loss at the Emirates came when Villa were in pretty poor form away from home, so it hurt losing that match especially when we had a lot of chances in the first half.

Imagine the irony if West Ham can pull off a result (unlikely I know) against City and Arsenal beat Everton.

Spurs fans would have to move to another country as the meltdown would be epic.

His weakness isn't corners, his weakness which was found out just before the Chelsea draw, was he loves to be really far off his line meaning he can be chipped. But crosses and corners he usually is pretty strong.
Last few games I've watched he fumbles a lot of balls in the air.

I think the dropped points against Fulham and Villa is costing us worse than the bad VAR decision at Newcastle.
"bad" VAR decision that was confirmed good by all but Arsenal and then Arteta somehow got off because apparently he said Disgracia, which is BS because he clearly said disgrace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back