Premier Lg EPL Matchday 38 (Manchester City Champions)

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the beautiful things about football is still celebrating an awesome season, 2nd is nothing to scoff at in this league.

Well done Gunners.

I’m not. So proud of the team. Incredible run after looking finished at new year. For the first time an Arteta team has not fallen over in the last month. Good cause for opportunism.
Absolutely, I’m immensely proud but still wondering what might’ve been if one or two results had fallen our way.

Oh well, that’s football. City too good yet again.

Flat as a tack.
Understandable, 100%. Not looking to say you cannot wallow a bit.

Perspective though is always something to try and garner. My club is on the bring of insolvency, administration, whatever you want to call it. Owner trying to pawn us off to a bunch of scam artists. We rallied and survived this season but there isn't much long-term hope & optimism. We have to sell our young talent. No real chance to improve the team. It'll be another season of staring into the void and hoping we don't drop.

Arsenal are in a position to challenge again next season, more UCL football and never been in a better position in my 15 years of watching the league. Chin up, you'll be fighting again and that's something a lot of teams don't have the pleasure of even doing.

Commentators were saying the only chance the other teams have got to win the title is if Pep leaves. Have they forgotten about the 115 outstanding charges that could see them relegated?

Commentators were saying the only chance the other teams have got to win the title is if Pep leaves. Have they forgotten about the 115 outstanding charges that could see them relegated?
Mate, they’ll never ever be charged.
EPL would fold and be a laughingstock
They’ll be fined billions

Perspective though is always something to try and garner. My club is on the bring of insolvency, administration, whatever you want to call it. Owner trying to pawn us off to a bunch of scam artists. We rallied and survived this season but there isn't much long-term hope & optimism. We have to sell our young talent. No real chance to improve the team. It'll be another season of staring into the void and hoping we don't drop.

Arsenal are in a position to challenge again next season, more UCL football and never been in a better position in my 15 years of watching the league. Chin up, you'll be fighting again and that's something a lot of teams don't have the pleasure of even doing.
Yeah I feel you. I’ve watched the Perth Glory implode on and off the field, it hurts.

Haven’t felt this flat since the 2015 grand final in a sporting sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, they’ll never ever be charged.
EPL would fold and be a laughingstock
They’ll be fined billions

They have been charged - with 115 breaches.

• 54x Failure to provide accurate financial information 2009-10 to 2017-18.
• 14x Failure to provide accurate details for player and manager payments from 2009-10 to 2017-18.
• 5x Failure to comply with Uefa's rules including Financial Fair Play (FFP) 2013-14 to 2017-18.
• 7x Breaching Premier League's PSR rules 2015-16 to 2017-18.
• 35x Failure to co-operate with Premier League investigations December 2018 - Feb 2023

Unlucky Arsenal.

one of us GIF

Absolutely great second half of the season for us and we've done well to finish 6th. Just need City to do their job in the FA Cup.

Cole Palmer take a bow. What a debut season.
Screenshot_20240520_052933_Samsung Internet.jpg

And Caicedo, started off rough but he's ended up having a top season too and finished with a banger.

And T.Silva you were a joy to watch.

Might seem meaningless but think it was important for the Arsenal players mentally that they won today. Finish the season knowing they did all they could and getting it done in a must win game.
I don't think it really matters. Liverpool improved one season after that situation (doing all they could on the last day but City doing their business) and declined after another.

In reality if City take a lead into the final game it is already over.

It's quite complicated, because pushing this City side to the last game and getting within a couple of points is an objectively incredible effort. The standard they are setting is unbelievable, this was almost a "down" season for them and they put 91 points on the board.

But you'll always think about the couple of results that could've put even more pressure on them. Which they may well have just responded to anyway and started their relentless run earlier. It's human nature to still think of it as a missed opportunity. Sometimes you are just up against all timers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back