EPL Matchday 6 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

The one at Newcastle was worse

I just watched Match of the Day. Alan Shearer lost his bananas about that one. Said it was hard for the on field ref as he is inexperienced in the PL - so it was hard to go against Lee Mason. Also Mason didn't show him the best angle which clearly showed that Mitchell pushed Willock into the goalie.

Sarcastic Spongebob Squarepants GIF

Go be a Bellend elsewhere.

VAR is a lottery

That's the issue.

I don't give a s**t if it is/isn't a foul by Odegaard, whatever the call is.....BE ******* CONSISTENT.

Week in week out the interpretation of the rules change, the use of VAR changes.

Consistency is the key, you don't mind if the same standards get applied week in, week out regardless of the teams playing.

The first few weeks much was made about refs applying a higher standard for fouls, and they were applauded for it. I saw a dozen fouls not given that would have been given last the season before.

Everyone thought it was great, but it's only great if that standard is applied to all teams, across the season and you don't lose your arse when you've got to give a decision in a big game at Old Trafford.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back