EPL Matchday 6 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Just remember:

Foul, no goal.

No foul, goal.

Sarcastic Spongebob Squarepants GIF

pretty sure SM has a love hate relationship with everyone

Why is this still going? Lol your pal wanted to start a back and forth because someone posted a picture of Harry Maguire at 4am. I've had nothing to do with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will take point as Newcastle were the better team and should have scored multiple goals. We didn't pose much threat up front at all.

Good point alright, they were better but we were resilient. Haven't replaced Gallagher in the middle, missing his drive.

Can see why the ref overuled the goal, equally wouldn't have been surprised if it had've stood.

Horrendous draw for us, first nine games have / will play City, Liverpool, Newcastle and BHA all away and Arsenal, United and Chelsea at home, 5 of the big 6 in that run. Points at Liverpool and Newcastle will show their worth in the table when the draw opens up.

Do you reckon it's a soft foul or correct call etc?
It was a foul. However, given the ref was in a good position at the time and didn't give the foul then I don't believe that VAR should be used.

I said that VAR is a lottery as United have had some horrific VAR decisions and non-decisions as well as some beneficial ones. 2 that stand out are the cedric non handball call at the Emirates last season and another handball against Boro in the cup. I'm sure it's the same for all teams but the bad ones stay in supporters minds more than the beneficial ones.

It was a foul. However, given the ref was in a good position at the time and didn't give the foul then I don't believe that VAR should be used.

I said that VAR is a lottery as United have had some horrific VAR decisions and non-decisions as well as some beneficial ones. 2 that stand out are the cedric non handball call at the Emirates last season and another handball against Boro in the cup. I'm sure it's the same for all teams but the bad ones stay in supporters minds more than the beneficial ones.
I found it very strange it was called back, hardly a "clear and obvious error."

Yeah we have definitely had a very bad run against VAR too, I think more so than a lot of other teams.

It's what it is and it's done now anyway. But pretty farcical they keep getting it so wrong with many decisions (West Ham the biggest blip this week).

VAR has made referees lazy and unaccountable. That would have been called a foul on the spot pre-VAR. With VAR, let’s just go to the monitors and waste time. The whole thing was stupid, it was a clear foul from the beginning.

I found it very strange it was called back, hardly a "clear and obvious error."

Yeah we have definitely had a very bad run against VAR too, I think more so than a lot of other teams.

It's what it is and it's done now anyway. But pretty farcical they keep getting it so wrong with many decisions (West Ham the biggest blip this week).
The one at Newcastle was worse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back