EPL Matchday 6 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you ok? You really need to get over this obsession you have with me.
I’m delighted actually, my team won 3-1 life’s good.

No obsession, just wanted to know your thoughts of someone else having a dig at Maguire, that you haven’t bothered to comment on. Now unless you want to remain consistent with your stance of sticking up for Maguire if others give him stick fair enough, but to only call me out for giving Maguire stick is laughable and don’t do it again if you can’t be bothered to do it to others.

Doesn’t take a genius to understand why he posted that photo of Maguire in reference to why our form has changed…
Yes he isn’t the only reason that our form has changed but he is a big part so don’t play that card.
He’s terrible and that is that.

You, Bournemouth and Everton at this stage. Fulham and Notts Forest seem to have their s**t together if not the results.
Forest are relegation fodder. The issue with signing so many players is that the team may never gel, much like Fulham a few seasons back. It's also inexcusable to cough up a 2-0 lead at home to Bournemouth of all teams. Everton aren't looking too bad despite not chalking up a win yet.

Possession doesn't really matter.

Look at rm winning the cl and CL semi with less off the ball.

Ditto Celtic 4-0 rangers.

You don't get any points for passing backwards and sideways
Tbf Arsenal were still creating chances at times look like a threat going forward, atm they’re like half the version city are but they’re moving in the right direction.

I think what killed them was they decided to flood numbers forward to go for the win and played right into our hands.

No obsession, just wanted to know your thoughts of someone else having a dig at Maguire, that you haven’t bothered to comment on. Now unless you want to remain consistent with your stance of sticking up for Maguire if others give him stick fair enough, but to only call me out for giving Maguire stick is laughable and don’t do it again if you can’t be bothered to do it to others.

Doesn’t take a genius to understand why he posted that photo of Maguire in reference to why our form has changed…
Yes he isn’t the only reason that our form has changed but he is a big part so don’t play that card.
This is some melt.

I'd say the biggest reason is Ronaldo being benched. So much more life up front now instead of Ronnie waiting for the ball to come to him so he can nail a goal.

Here's hoping that Ten Haag feels pressured to starting him again at the expense of Antony / Rashford.

So you're not ok. Cool.

Having seen so many Arsenal teams capitulate at Old Trafford over the years, crumbing under the pressue in men vs boys type results, that was a very different performance to what has come before. After a cautious start I felt Arsenal really had United's measure at times however only registering 3 shots on target from all that possession and touches in the penalty box comes back to bite you.

United were quite ruthless in exposing the mistakes. I'm not a gambling man however was fairly certain Antony would score on debut, its almost scripted. Rashford I view as an exceptional human being who I admire greatly, so if we're going to concede a brace I don't particularly mind it was him as opposed to others, if that makes sense. United targetted Sambi well and utilised the space that he (and the defenders) afforded. Zinchenko is excellent on the ball and more comfortable in possession, as an outright fullback though there is a weakness there and once again United capitilised on that.

Can only look at that high line at times and wonder what was the rationale, and again Arsenal are punished. United with quite a ruthless edge that was the difference. Overall though there's plenty to be encouraged by the trajectory Arsenal is on, and some harsh lessons like this are a necessary part of the journey. Still top of the league which is amazing to say after a loss like that, and Arsenal's biggest challenge now is to not let spiral after a loss like last season when consecutive losses came in patches.

I'd say the biggest reason is Ronaldo being benched. So much more life up front now instead of Ronnie waiting for the ball to come to him so he can nail a goal.

Here's hoping that Ten Haag feels pressured to starting him again at the expense of Antony / Rashford.

Ronnie coming on actually moved Rashford to the left and he banged 2 goals, changed the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the defence has conceded 2 goals in 4 games. But you are correct in terms of ronaldo it is hard to fit him in the modern day system of pressing but his role atm coming on for 30 mins will probably suit him in the long run and make his longevity last further.

Yeah not happening lol I think ETH is stubborn in his ways, seriously though we are winning without him starting so why change it?

And the defence has conceded 2 goals in 4 games. But you are correct in terms of ronaldo it is hard to fit him in the modern day system of pressing but his role atm coming on for 30 mins will probably suit him in the long run and make his longevity last further.

Yeah not happening lol I think ETH is stubborn in his ways, seriously though we are winning without him starting so why change it?

Ronaldos ego doesnt fit well with the impact sub role. Will be intetesting to see how Ten Haag handles him over the season.

Someone wake RossFC

Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

He hasn’t even done that one time, let alone doing it “again”. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back