• Finals

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • No Finals

Votes: 81 48.2%
  • Bottom 4

Votes: 19 11.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You forgot to add IMHO to the start of your over dramatic post.

Haha. OK, You really think that in a thread asking what our expectations are for next year we need to preface our posts with IMHO?

I mean, why didn’t you? Your opinion is that my post was overly dramatic. So where was your IMHO?

Since it’s important to you, I will say that IMHO, it’s not necessary to say IMHO when opinions are implied. (IMHO of course).

Geez, this place....

I expect we would finish outside the 8 based on this seasons 8th. I’m ok with that if we see improvement in young guys like Quaynor etc and hopefully see some of the young recruits get given games and show signs.
I expect Pendles to continue a slow decline into deserved retirement. Hopefully a few more years yet though. But premierships aren’t coming any time soon unless something miraculous happens at the club.

I can categorically say Adam Treloar is BEST mates with Sidebottom, Howe, Crisp and Adams. He was not unpopular, that for sure.

I've got best mates that I wouldn't want to do specific things with, blokes I wouldn't fish or camp with for instance.

I'm so looking forward to next year!:D:):rainbow::thumbsu::padlock:

Y'know just stick your head in the sand 1605495571920.png

Stick your fingers in your ears and 'la la la la la la la' to yourself to drown out reality.

Then listen to those Pie faithful that tell you 'we'll come good' like we did this year, we beat wc on their home deck in an EF! Who needs flags?! Listen to them they know what's going on!!

We'll be fine, everything is just fine! 1605496015127.png

Just lower your expectations everybody and everything will be fine! Let Eddie bring the club down to saints or dees level then we won't be disappointed! Brilliant!

See the club IS on the right track, a few good wins here and there and who needs flags?! Whaddyas worried about?

Sheesh some of you on here with your expectations and all that.

Attachments

• 1605495696309.png
    1605495696309.png
    54 KB · Views: 46
Good question - but I’ll take a swing at it....

We’ll finish bottom six next year:

* Because our glacially-slow team just got even slower.

* Because our midfield will now be even more reliant on Pendles, Sidey, Mayne & Thomas to support Adams, and they’ll all be another year older and slower. (Imagine if Pendles or Adams suffers a long-term injury?)

* Because our forward-line problems haven’t been addressed at all. They’ve been made worse.

* Because experienced depth players have been retired/traded/delisted, which means we’ll be relying on newbies to cover for the inevitable injuries.

* Because team morale and players’ trust in the Club and our senior coach have suffered a huge blow.

* Because we have a second-rate panel of assistant coaches

* Because our Board is incompetent

But apart from all that, yeah, I can see why you’d question why we’ll slip down the ladder.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
another year of development and improvement into our players on the younger side (26 and younger) though. think de goey, quaynor, moore, daicos, brown boys, sier, cox hopefully more consistent, rantall, bianco and kelly can contribute more.

another year of development and improvement into our players on the younger side (26 and younger) though. think de goey, quaynor, moore, daicos, brown boys, sier, cox hopefully more consistent, rantall, bianco and kelly can contribute more.

Sorry for sounding a bit down/angry in the post that you replied to. I do have high hopes for our youngsters and am really looking forward to seeing them in the seniors on a regular basis and hopefully for big blocks of games. The departures of Treloar, Stephenson, Phillips and Varcoe will certainly enable that. Hopefully Mayne, Thomas, Wills and Greenwood will also be pushed out by the youth brigade.

But let’s not kid ourselves - our depth of experience is non-existent and we will be in deep deep trouble if any of Pendles Adams Sidebottom Crisp Moore or DeGoey suffer long-term injury. Our injury & rehab record doesn’t inspire optimism.

And we do have a very ordinary set of assistant coaches and our Board is full of puppets controlled by Eddie.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Between 9-6, l certainly don’t think we are a top four team, but a lot will depend on the attitude of the players when they come back to training.
Injury of course will help if we have none, cannot see that happening.
Would like to see Murphy, Sier take the next step, should be given games to prove themselves.
Howe and Steele back will help of course, but we need our younger players to step up, and replace Mayne (only to be used in an emergency) and Roughead towards the end of the season.
Having a proper vfl season Will greatly benefit the transition of this hopefully

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair all of those players have playing a lot longer AND there deliveries have been much much better. I'm not suggesting that Checkers and Cox would ever match these though.

However their returns could be much higher IF we had a better game plan to suit them.

To be fair all of those players have playing a lot longer AND there deliveries have been much much better. I'm not suggesting that Checkers and Cox would ever match these though.

However their returns could be much higher IF we had a better game plan to suit them.

See what you are saying but it’s terrible that we have essentially done nothing to replace Cloke who left in 2016... and was on the way out ability wise 12-18 months before that. 5 years later and a half forward and ruck forward are our key targets going into 2021

That’s why we have Checkers and Cox leading our forward line next year and not Lynch/Cameron/etc... plusCheckers and Cox in our 2021 forward line as supporting acts. Big difference.

Best hope we have now is to play Moore up front. Move an AA backman out of his AA position, and hope that he can kick 40 and stay injury free in the process

It’s amateur list management by the club.

See what you are saying but it’s terrible that we have essentially done nothing to replace Cloke who left in 2016... and was on the way out ability wise 12-18 months before that. 5 years later and a half forward and ruck forward are our key targets going into 2021

That’s why we have Checkers and Cox leading our forward line next year and not Lynch/Cameron/etc... plusCheckers and Cox in our 2021 forward line as supporting acts. Big difference.

Best hope we have now is to play Moore up front. Move an AA backman out of his AA position, and hope that he can kick 40 and stay injury free in the process

It’s amateur list management by the club.

Totally agree, in part that is on Nathan in his push to have Dekka and co recruit mid type players in the immediate years after MM. I'm not condoning that merely pointing out the why.

I expect finals - and I honestly thinks its achievable.

Do I expect to win the flag, no, but 2018 showed anything possible.

Should we not make finals, it would be a travesty to finish 9-12th, as with the fixturing schema, finishing 13th or lower nets you an easier run the following year.

Teams finishing 13th the past few years:

2016 - Richmond (went on to win multiple flags)
2017 - Collingwood (Grand final appearance, finals all subsequent years)
2018 - Bulldogs (made finals next 2 years)
2019 - Fremantle (12th and 2 games off finals pace, Covid did not allow for the fixturing to be altered by playing each team only once)
2020 - Essendon (yet to be seen, although unlikely to make finals)

I dread that the club is headed for some dark days.

We retain amazing talent on our list but the situation at the club has come to a crunch. The combined effect of the way they treated players during the 2020 fire-sale together with the Beams debacle will have a negative effect that could last for years.

We were headed downward but the spiral accelerated with the Grundy negotiation. The amount that he was asking for combined with the duration of the contract... we should have just shown him the door. Not even public servants have that much job security.

I think we slide out of the 8 for a year. This list purge is a mini "list rebuild", with youth from the draft, and getting senior footy into the likes of Rantall, Bianco, Wilson and maybe into one or two of our 2020 draftees, along with regular senior footy for Kelly, T Brown, Keane, Murphy, Sier etc in 2021.
Then depending on how we go in free agency next year, maybe pickup a couple of quality free agents, and with the continued development of our youth, l can see us returning to the 8 in 2022.
I think the club is expecting a slide themselves in 2021. The talk about still being confident of playing finals next year is the usual club confidence policy, to keep supporters happy, and the memberships ticking over. It will be interesting to see how the club treat missing finals, in their decision on Bucks. I still think he will be extended at some point next year.

Finishing spot 2021: 10th-12th

Back