• Jack Watts

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bottom four again

Anything more is a bonus.

Im never putting my hopes up on the team again. Last two years have been unbearable

We'd have to kill the trade and draft periods to even think getting out of it.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think we're flavourites for the spoon. The only difference is, we'll be watch green shoots. Kids doing those little things to let us know once they have 80 games into them, they will be able to compete, and once they have 150 games into them, they just might be able to win flags. Last year, the only thing we had was, "at least we're getting Harley".

Wins and losses I don’t care so much about.
I wanna see guys like Bazzo, Hewitt, Culley etc keep building and solidifying a role.
Seniors such as Liam, JJ, Yeo, Gov etc just stay injury free.

Even if we don’t win, if we are having lots of good patches and staying in games, I’d be happy with that

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Avoiding Sydney at the SCG is a win. I’m assuming the team mentioned first is the “home team” but there might also be a stupid coin toss system for Gather Round?

I expect excitement and enthusiasm to build in the squad around Harley, Ginbey and Hewitt in preseason. I believe this will flow through the whole squad and that we will surprise pundits in 24. I don't see us finishing bottom - we will get a bounce, but how much of a bounce is the big question.

If Yeo, McGovern, and Ryan can stay fit the whole year it will go a long way to being competitive (6 wins).

Really hope we just put a line through Yeo ever playing substantial midfield minutes again and settle him down back.

Having him win 1v1's at half back and driving the ball 60m forward is just as valuable as winning it out of the middle

I think 100 point or 90 point losses are inevitable. Young teams are wildly inconsistent.

for me

5-6 wins
No more than 2 over 100 points
Green shoots - further development of Reid, Hewett, Ginbey, Bazzo, Hough, Long, Chesser, BBW, and some new punks.
Game style - as long as we're not reverting to the old game style
Fitness - we need to be fit
No credits - if you're out of form, you don't play.

okay with sitting bottom 4, but we have to be better than what we dished up this year.
Darling, Sheed and Gaff to get guaranteed 22 games, is it in their contract (barring injury)? 🤔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 2024 is out. WCE have a relatively easy home schedule. I expect them to win at least 85% of the Perth games and 35% of the away games. That is at least 14 games in 2024.

You think we'll go from 2 wins to 14?
Ok.........
If we change our attitude as evident in our last games against Essendon and the Western Bulldogs, we can certainly do that.
2023‘s two (edit: three) wins counts for nothing in terms of performance in 2024.

Last edited:
Carlton supporter here. Can certainly relate to the hurt you guys would have felt this year and good luck to your boys, hope you can spike quickly.

What happened to Sam Petrevski-Seton? I was shocked that he got delisted. Was it at attitude thing or did the club feel he wasn’t up to it?

I always felt like he had some skills but for whatever reason never appeared ti have the confidence to put it all together.

It seems like career cut too short considering his early career potential. I’m curious as to if there’s any inside word on the story with Sam and the WCE..

This year I thought we could finish 10th-8th assuming yeo, NN, & Shuey were fit and played most games - and generally the health, strength & conditioning held up.

Obv that didn't pan out in any way 😭

Next year... man, I just want to see a competitive team in good health. Don't care where we finish, just some positive steps in the right direction

Carlton supporter here. Can certainly relate to the hurt you guys would have felt this year and good luck to your boys, hope you can spike quickly.

What happened to Sam Petrevski-Seton? I was shocked that he got delisted. Was it at attitude thing or did the club feel he wasn’t up to it?

I always felt like he had some skills but for whatever reason never appeared ti have the confidence to put it all together.

It seems like career cut too short considering his early career potential. I’m curious as to if there’s any inside word on the story with Sam and the WCE..

I think he came out of contract at a bad time and there were a few posters, me included, who were surprised he didn’t get another year given we don’t have a lot of players in his age bracket

In the end though he was probably a fringe best 22 player without much scope for improvement and made way for some new players through the draft. A bit stiff but that’s the nature of the industry

He couldn't get his body right to stay on the field consistently. Didn't play badly when he was on, but was only a fringe best 22 player on performance.

As we're rebuilding we need spots in the team for young players to develop. Unfortunately, that means letting older fringe players go in the hope the young player develops to be better than them.

Back